Amount

WW Pilot in FULL

24 Jul 2011 21:42 #24087 by earllechec
WW Pilot in FULL was created by earllechec
I'm not going to hotlink since NBC is getting cranky about the clips; HOWEVER .... do a google search for "Wonder Woman 2011 m4v".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• earllechec
  • earllechec's Avatar Topic Author
More
24 Jul 2011 23:28 #24088 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL
Is this any different than the 40+ minute video that Dr. Lazarus shared yesterday?

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
25 Jul 2011 00:07 #24089 by earllechec
Replied by earllechec on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL
Guess I missed that post

• earllechec
  • earllechec's Avatar Topic Author
More
25 Jul 2011 00:09 #24090 by somat
Replied by somat on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL
Just did what earllechec recommended, as far as I can see there is only one version available, and that is the one which Dr. Lazarus posted yesterday. When I watched the movie I was also surprised that it was that short in terms of time. I really wonder what exactly the people at Warner-TV had in mind when they gave green light to this "pilot".

The build up is to fast, their should have been more time to introduce and develop the character into the audiences mind. Palicki is beautiful her eyes and ahem bust is also beautiful.

The speed in which the story is progressing is not entirely in my taste. Never forget: Wonder Woman like all superheroes is Myth and should be treated like that. In my opinion at times the movie tries to much to come across as beeing "realistic". Also the strange change between scenes where one could think he sits and watches some kind of romantic soup opera, and the ones where wonderwoman basically turns into a berserker(althrough I like it it comes across strange in contrast to the soupy scenes like for example with her ex-lover, talk about coherence).

It doesn't really round up as a whole and it is much to short for a pilot where introduction and facts about the main characters should be more present, maybe those were also reasons it was dismissed.

They should have hired Christoper Nolan(the guy who did "the dark knight"), but he's probably to busy but also maybe to expensive for a Television series like this would have been.

somat
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr lazarus

More
25 Jul 2011 00:26 #24091 by italy877
Replied by italy877 on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL
Go on YouTube and do a wonder woman search the episode is up but in 10 different parts
The following user(s) said Thank You: dr lazarus

More
25 Jul 2011 02:02 #24092 by somat
Replied by somat on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL
I just found it. It's the same version which is available as well via bittorrent. It's quite evident that this episode has gone through a massive editing/cutting process(at least it appears to me).

somat

More
25 Jul 2011 02:09 - 26 Jul 2011 06:30 #24093 by dr lazarus
Replied by dr lazarus on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL

Go on YouTube and do a wonder woman search the episode is up but in 10 different parts

yep.

On edit: Looks like it's been yanked. :pinch:

(embedding disabled)

This is the channel that has all 10 parts: MrMovieFan1's channel

Ursa. Her time has come.
www.facebook.com/UrsaFans
Last edit: 26 Jul 2011 06:30 by dr lazarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jyache, Supergirlfan

More
28 Jul 2011 03:48 #24137 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL
i've finally had the chance to view the pilot ep, and i have to say that's it's UTTER SHIT.

i was thinking of writing a long winded breakdown on where it went wring, but I can only say it was wrong from the start.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Jul 2011 05:34 #24139 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL
Now if you think 90% of what's on TV now is "Utter Shit", you can make that statement, but all seriousness aside (and giving the FX a pass cause they're not finished), it wasn't THAT bad.

When I think of genre TV, the most obvious comparison is Smallville and I think it stacked up to Smallville from a production standpoint -- especially SV's first season. It was just as good as the Bionic Woman remake and/or V, IMO.

OK, OK...the dialog was a little cheese-mo, and some of the acting (thugs, Liz Hurley) was a little cringe-worthy, but I think a lot of the scenes/problems people had with it early on (e.g. costume, the "tits scene") weren't nearly as bad as they were made out to be.

The major drawback I saw was this really dark version of WW...I personally didn't have a problem with the killing scene (in the heat of the battle, he was trying to kill her), but the torture scene was a little out of character.

What exactly made it UTTER SHIT?

ElF

More
02 Aug 2011 05:05 - 02 Aug 2011 05:20 #24182 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL

lfan wrote: Now if you think 90% of what's on TV now is "Utter Shit", you can make that statement, but all seriousness aside (and giving the FX a pass cause they're not finished), it wasn't THAT bad.

When I think of genre TV, the most obvious comparison is Smallville and I think it stacked up to Smallville from a production standpoint -- especially SV's first season. It was just as good as the Bionic Woman remake and/or V, IMO.

OK, OK...the dialog was a little cheese-mo, and some of the acting (thugs, Liz Hurley) was a little cringe-worthy, but I think a lot of the scenes/problems people had with it early on (e.g. costume, the "tits scene") weren't nearly as bad as they were made out to be.

The major drawback I saw was this really dark version of WW...I personally didn't have a problem with the killing scene (in the heat of the battle, he was trying to kill her), but the torture scene was a little out of character.

What exactly made it UTTER SHIT?

ElF

I finally got around to watching the entire episode.

Now that I've seen Adrianne as WW, she is the modern WW to me. I'm not sure if it was costume, make-up, acting, but she pulls off the naivety of living in our world and old world way of thinking when it comes to justice. Having said that, I really think that was where they were going with the pilot. Problem for me is, it's apparent that she's been here a bit. If she were a newb, than I'd get her attitude.

I don't get the backlash about the "tits" scene. Seems a very girly response to me, taken in entire context. (You have to watch before and after the scene to get her feelings.)

The dialogue, script, needed help. For me, even the plot might have held up with the right dialogue. Much worse, IMO, has made it to the TV screen for several episodes. (ie. The Bionic Woman.)

Like Lfan, I don't think killing the guard was unwarranted. I'm a soldier, and being that, I get her mentality in that moment. It was a "him or me" thing, and so in that regard it makes total sense. However, the audience should be aware of that and the only way is through character development. I would have spent less time on cut scenes with Trevor and traded them with cut scenes from her background.

The torture? No way. Not WW. That's the whole point of the Lasso, yeah? Why call it the Lasso of Truth unless that's a purely a media misnomer?

The scene where WW mentions that her outfit opens doors, I don't see that as sexual at all. If I'm a rent a cop looking up at woman who has a rep like hers, its not about the body. I just don't want to get my ass kicked. That's probably what they were going for; however, that's just prime example of the quality of writing.

Lastly, the plot makes sense on a base level. Veronica is wanting to privatize her military and on the contract side there is a lot of money to be made. If they would have kept the "super soldier" aspect out of it and stuck to "real world" weapons trading and contract legal issues, they would have been able to appeal to the comic AND real-world issues. Thus, gaining a wider audience while pushing the sexual aspect of the character. (Let's not kid ourselves on this aspect.)

I'm a huge fan of Joss Whedon and "Firefly" and I really think, given the chance, he'd have done the woman justice.

I give it a 3 out of 5 on my supergirl scale.
Last edit: 02 Aug 2011 05:20 by jnw550.

More
02 Aug 2011 06:32 #24183 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL
Finally got around to watching the whole thing and my feeling is that it wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't good.

I'll give them some leeway on the quality of the production values, since it's an unfinished pilot. It ended up looking like something that would have aired on SciFi in 1999, rather than a big three network in 2011, but I'm sure a lot of that would have been "fixed in post".

Ms. Palicki was solid. She looks the part (which is saying a lot, when the part is that of an amazonian demi-goddess) and she did pretty well with what she was given. The supporting cast did not make much of an impact, but they were given even less to work with.

The script was a hot mess, though. All over the place in tone. Is she a heroine, a costumed thug, or a cold-blooded killer? The torture was pointless and annoying. Does the lasso of truth do anything, or is that just its name? How did it get that name, because it looks like it's just the lasso of neck-snapping at this point. Do writers really think that torturing a helpless suspect in a hospital bed makes her more of a hero?

Having said all that, it was not worse than a lot of stuff that does make it to the screen. I would have liked to see it get a chance (if only because ubergirl action with a big budget is a lot of fun), but I am also more convinced than ever that this was the wrong team to do it and it would have been on the fast track to cancellation if it had made it to series.

I give it 2 bracelets out of 5.

- GeekSeven

More
02 Aug 2011 07:08 #24184 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL
Given the budget, time, and the experience attached to it – the quality was far less than it should have been. Would it have been better in final form – yes – but there was no way to “edit” it enough to fix it.

I did think they did a great job of setting up lots of possibilities for the future. If the characters come out of the box as they will be and there is no hope of evolution – what’s the point? A little confusion early on and enhancement as you go seem right.

Was I a big WW fan? Not really.
Am I more of a WW fan now? Yes, but some things I still didn’t care for.
Did I enjoy watching it? Yes.
Would I watch the next several episodes? Yes.

As Lfan said – it’s was WAY better than 90% of the stuff out there. Not better than Fringe – better than Smallville.

I give it 3 out of 5 – and trusted that by the end of season one they could have been at 4+ if executed well. I really hope it’s picked up as a mid season replacement.

More
02 Aug 2011 11:18 #24189 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL
Too bad they could not get the Captain America folks to help with the WW pilot!

More
04 Aug 2011 21:10 #24210 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL
I've fianlly watched it too and I agreee with the general sentiment, the final result it was sort of average.

Ms Palicki surely looked the part and some of her expressions didn't look so bad on video as they did on picture. Overall I think that she was able to pull out a good job from the script. The rest of the cast wasn't very spectacular, but they weren't so bad either given the overall quality of the dialogue.

The script was a mess, good ideas and bad ideas, attempts to modernize the character and nods to old ideas. Everything boiled ina feeling of "rushed into production" that ruined it.
The idea of exploring superheroes under the spit personality point of view is hardly new, but quite rare for TV show and WW is a prime candidate for it since the comic too thend to swing her between two versions (being WW all the time and having a secret identity).
The whole torture thing was pointless as well as wrong on many level, true WW is a warrior-minded character, but she's also a positive symbol. Having her torturing makes the whole "the Truth will make you Free" isea behind the lasso pointless and devalue the character.
The combat was quite good although the killing was quite unnecessary. True I can picture WW having a "kill or be killed" moment, but considering own vast is the difference between her and that thug it looked like a poor excuse to add a little extra violence.
The whole "tits" scene was a little bad, but nothing monumental. Granted it's out of character and misoginist, butI've heard much worst.

There's one point that bugs me. The basic premise of the plot is that WW is a vigilante that works outside the law and everybody knows where she lives, yet nobody seem to care or even think to stop her. Granted it might be her reputation, but it seem to me that the whole deal smell of "might makes right".

Overall I gave it a 5.5 out of 10.

• Woodclaw
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 Aug 2011 03:35 #24420 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL
I saw a bunch of dealers at Wizard Chicago Comic-Con selling DVDs of this Saturday.

More
16 Aug 2011 07:30 #24422 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Re: WW Pilot in FULL
It doesn't take long for bootleg DVDs to be available at places like that. I got a nice set of Batman episodes that way. If you're not able to download the file for yourself at one of the myriad places it's housed online, you can probably buy a DVD on iOffer or someplace similar.

More
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds