Amount

JLU News -- Make over for Kara

20 Sep 2005 15:42 #2620 by lfan
JLU News -- Make over for Kara was created by lfan
Looks like Kara is getting a costume make over in the new season:

supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=1180

Rumor is it might be paving the way for a new animated series starring her, but just a rumor so far.....

Hopefully, TPTB will take note....

LF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Sep 2005 14:20 #2715 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: JLU News -- Make over for Kara
Saw her new costume on JLU this weekend. I don't know, but I think I liked the old one better. IMHO, the old blue skirt/white top costume made her look different than the "regular" costume in the comics.

On a side note, when did the animated SG become vulnerable to kryptonite? I have a a copy of Superman Adventures #22 (?) where she is stabbed by a kryptonite knife and doesn't even blink. This is supposedly the same universe right?

More
26 Sep 2005 14:28 #2717 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: JLU News -- Make over for Kara
A great day for anyone at the navel observatory!

More
26 Sep 2005 14:50 #2719 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: JLU News -- Make over for Kara
On a negative note, I thought the episode was pretty weak, eventhough it had two ubergals -- Kara and Stargirl. Thought the other episode shown this week featuring WW and "Manta Ray" (revamped Black Manta) was MUCH better.....

LF

A great day for anyone at the navel observatory!

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Sep 2005 16:02 #2721 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: JLU News -- Make over for Kara

On a side note, when did the animated SG become vulnerable to kryptonite? I have a a copy of Superman Adventures #22 (?) where she is stabbed by a kryptonite knife and doesn't even blink. This is supposedly the same universe right?

I wondered about that myself. My guess is that the JLU Supergirl is being retooled to conform more closely to her counterpart in the new comic book series -- which would also account for the costume change.

More
26 Sep 2005 18:35 #2728 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Re: JLU News -- Make over for Kara

Saw her new costume on JLU this weekend. I don't know, but I think I liked the old one better. IMHO, the old blue skirt/white top costume made her look different than the "regular" costume in the comics.

I also liked the old costume better. As to the Kryptonite thing, yeah, I read that comic issue too. But this isn't the first time in animated continuity that Supergirl's had trouble with Kryptonite. In the episode where AMAZO came back to Earth, She was flying down a tunnel that Lex Luthor, who she was paradoxically supposed to be protecting, had fled down, and cmae to a section lined with Kryptonite. She got woozy, plowed into the side of the tunnel and came to a stop on the floor. Steel had to carry her out.

I guess the guys who write Justice League Unlimited weren't aware of that bit in the comic, or maybe that allegedly Kryptonite dagger that shattered against Supergirl's chest in the comic was a fake?

More
15 Oct 2005 11:37 #3068 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: JLU News -- Make over for Kara
Does anyone know where JLU went? Two Saturdays, and nothing. Were they cancelled?

bully_pup -- Kelly

More
15 Oct 2005 14:52 #3069 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: JLU News -- Make over for Kara

Does anyone know where JLU went? Two Saturdays, and nothing. Were they cancelled?

bully_pup -- Kelly

I was just wondering that myself. Anybody have any answers?

More
15 Oct 2005 15:42 #3071 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: JLU News -- Make over for Kara
Had heard rumor (somewhere else on net) that there was an overseas problem with the episodes after #6 and they were delayed. Hence Cartoon Network was trying to make the 6 they had "in the can" last.....kinda of ironic they would show 2 at a time then.... :P

Who knows.....

LF

bully_pup -- Kelly

I was just wondering that myself. Anybody have any answers?

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Oct 2005 01:50 #3087 by Jabbrwock
Replied by Jabbrwock on topic Re: JLU News -- Make over for Kara

Well, in JLU, Supergirl is unquestionably kryptonian, at least biologically, and is vulnerable to kryptonite - Galatea is specifically informed of this vulnerability once or twice when she goes off on a tangent about how super she is, and she's cloned from Supergirl.

If Superman animated series Supergirl is not vulnerable to kryptonite in any canonical reference, that's darned strange. Possibly an author got confused with the comic book continuity, where Supergirl was not even remotely kryptonian, and an editor failed to catch it. I'm reasonably sure that the Superman animated series ran concurrently with the Supergirl comic book with its non-kryptonian Supergirl.

More
17 Oct 2005 08:39 #3093 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic JLU canned for the moment
Hello all,
According to a very reliable source, the show has been cancelled and moved to January of '06. :( I don't know the reason why, but my guess is that they either had problems distributing the new eps to Cartoon Network or there was a problem with is production shipment. In any case, it looks like the next ep isn't going to air until mid january, so sad too, the series was getting good!

Fonzie

More
17 Oct 2005 13:29 #3095 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: JLU canned for the moment

Hello all,
According to a very reliable source, the show has been cancelled and moved to January of '06. :( I don't know the reason why, but my guess is that they either had problems distributing the new eps to Cartoon Network or there was a problem with is production shipment. In any case, it looks like the next ep isn't going to air until mid january, so sad too, the series was getting good!

Fonzie

That's crazy!!! What is Cartoon Network thinking?

More
18 Oct 2005 23:43 #3105 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic Yea, its sad indeed
I hear ya JD,
But, I didn't expect anything less from Cartoon Network, as they seem to think everyone watching their programs are preteens and younger. -not true at all- What gets me is how Teen Titans -I HATE the cartoon but love the comicbook- stood on the air and JLU got canned. Again, they must thing comicbook shows belongs to the kiddie, which is just dumb.

Fonzie

More
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds