Amount

Failed Ubergal Pilots of Past Few Years....

24 Feb 2005 14:41 #263 by lfan
Never quite got off the ground with these proposed projects/pilots. Anyone know more about these:

1) "Brand X" -- found out about this, of all places, from Muscle and Fitness. Timea Majorova was supposed to "play a flying superwoman". Man, talk about perfect casting!!

2) "Ball and Chain" -- Fox project based on the Image comic book of same name with superpowered wife and husband. Went as far as casting Dan Cortese and Myndi Crist in the title roles, but pilot was not filmed (to best of my knowledge)

3) "Fly Girls" -- on last years developmental slate for UPN which involved two actresses that play superheroines on TV that suddenly become super themselves.

4) "Jen X" -- twenty-something female cyborg; proposed for UPN and written by Duncan Kennedy (Deep Blue Sea)

5) "Bionic Woman" -- supposed remake of the popluar series by "Team Todd Productions (Austin Powers) for USA Network back in 2003-04 ; suddenly just disappeared from the radar.

Such a big hole for someone willing to make a television series with this subject matter! Anyone have any others I might be missing?

LF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
24 Feb 2005 14:47 #264 by eman
Replied by eman on topic lfan
I never heard of brand x. That would have been extremely cool. I also like the idea of the tv actresses getting super powers (one of my favorite fantasies). I also remember reading an interview with Cory Everson, where she said that she was in discussions with Oliver Stone about doing She Hulk. That obviously went no where. I agree with you that it would be great if some cable network would do a super powered heroine. My bet would be the Bionic Woman would have the best chance. Hollywood loves to do remakes. 8)

More
24 Feb 2005 15:03 #265 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Brand X
Funny.....never been able to find any info on Brand X on the 'net. Was in that one issue that featured Timea Majorova (chest training, go fig!) but they didn't give a lot of details, only that she had auditioned/cast as the "role of a flying superwoman" (going from memory here)

LF

I never heard of brand x. That would have been extremely cool. I also like the idea of the tv actresses getting super powers (one of my favorite fantasies). I also remember reading an interview with Cory Everson, where she said that she was in discussions with Oliver Stone about doing She Hulk. That obviously went no where. I agree with you that it would be great if some cable network would do a super powered heroine. My bet would be the Bionic Woman would have the best chance. Hollywood loves to do remakes. 8)

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Feb 2005 00:26 #279 by argonaut
Five proposed ubergirl series and NOT ONE of them made it to the starting gate? :(

Maybe a future workshop assignment could be to write an episode of such a series.

"Fly Girls" sounds like an ideal vehicle for the Steele sisters. (Think "Charmed" with blonde supergirls instead of brunette witches.)

More
25 Feb 2005 01:30 #283 by ck
Even more sad given that some of those weren't just the supherohero shows that do appear to get made, loner dark vigilante that TV people view as "realistic" (Mantis and so on)

CK (who now unfortunately has a pining for all the old classic loner vigilante shows, though primarily the vehicle based ones such as Street Hawk and Viper)

More
19 Sep 2005 05:43 #2581 by dcmatthews
Replied by dcmatthews on topic Re: Failed Ubergal Pilots of Past Few Years....
I guess if we want superheroines on TV we have to move to the Phillipines...

More
19 Sep 2005 08:42 #2583 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: Failed Ubergal Pilots of Past Few Years....
Or make it ourselves

bully_pup -- Kelly

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds