Amount

Ms Marvel coming to Avengers Cartoon

23 Mar 2012 01:25 #26754 by lfan
We've posted before about this, so not brand new news, but the second season (starts 4/1) trailer is out and features Ms M a good bit:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
23 Mar 2012 08:34 #26760 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Re: Ms Marvel coming to Avengers Cartoon
Ms. Marvel joins the team in episode 6 according one of the producers.

She might debut before that, as Panther and Hawkeye appeared sporadically before they officially join, though she is not, in the season premiere which features the Fantastic Four.

More
23 Mar 2012 12:13 #26762 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic Re: Ms Marvel coming to Avengers Cartoon
Nice. Though I was hoping she would have her modern costume. Not a big fan of the old one.

More
23 Mar 2012 22:35 #26768 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Re: Ms Marvel coming to Avengers Cartoon
Thanks for posting. Does she makes some feat of super strength in this episode ?

More
02 Apr 2012 13:32 #26858 by jimbob
Alright I'm guessing based on preview footage that Ms. Marvel will be first appearing in the 4th episode. The description seems to coincide with that clip of her attacking those Kree guys.

Season started today, so 3 weeks until her debut. Maybe....

More
22 Apr 2012 07:38 #27034 by jimbob
Ok guys so.

Good news: Ms Marvel debuts tommarow, in the episode "Welcome to the Kree Empire".

Bad news: Avengers EMH is ending after this season is finished, in favor of a new Avengers series to tie in with USM and S.M.A.S.H.

I say bad news, but theoretically this new Avengers series, could in fact be just as good as EMH, although I hear it's more movie based, which I hope doesn't mean only Black Widow as the sole female hero.

More
23 Apr 2012 06:58 #27052 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Ms Marvel coming to Avengers Cartoon
Ms Marvel did debut and kicked some major azz! Superstrength was minimal but loved her character!

Baffles me how they are ditching the series to better "tie into" the upcoming movie, when they made it so publicly known they they held back the unaired episodes back in Oct 2011 to better "tie into" the movie's release. Loeb -- or whomever is making strategic decisions over there -- is an idiot if that is the reason!

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
23 Apr 2012 07:15 #27053 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Re: Ms Marvel coming to Avengers Cartoon

lfan wrote: Ms Marvel did debut and kicked some major azz! Superstrength was minimal but loved her character!

Baffles me how they are ditching the series to better "tie into" the upcoming movie, when they made it so publicly known they they held back the unaired episodes back in Oct 2011 to better "tie into" the movie's release. Loeb -- or whomever is making strategic decisions over there -- is an idiot if that is the reason!

I'm constantly baffled by DC and Marvel media strategies, especially when it comes to animation.

I'm not their target audience, I guess. They're still aiming for DVD and network TV, when I'm only interested if it's on Netflix-on-Demand. I want a solid shared-universe and continuity, when they want to reboot every few years to grab a fresh crop of viewers.

- GeekSeven

More
23 Apr 2012 13:58 - 23 Apr 2012 14:10 #27054 by jimbob
Unfortunately that's just a problem with comics in general these days, where every few years a new fanboy takes over and decides to scrap everything in favor of their new "brilliant" ideas. Like you know, having Spiderman sell his wife to the devil....

Personally people think that's just an excuse and Loeb just wants an Avengers series that he helped develop and greenlighted. Also to tie it in with the Spiderman and Hulk show as a shared continuity. Personally I don't know why they'd want a movie type roster when, by the time this proposed show is actually out, a year and half to 2 years minimum, Avengers film will have been over and done with, and they'll be working on Avengers 2 (assuming Avengers is a hit, but I don't see how it won't be) which will have Ant Man and Wasp in it, according to rumor. And they can't use Hulk, because he has his own show to star in. So really, an Avengers 1 movie roster just won't work.

.....oh right. Ms Marvel. As her first debut as a serious heroine in animation (as opposed to SHS, or X-men) I thought it was perfect. The ep was mostly all her, and it worked great. A few minor plot issues like how "Carol has full powers and is Ms Marvel now, folks. It all happened off screen." She was more of a blasty time character, than a brawler, although she did have some nice takedowns, and she did lift Mar-vel over her head with one hand at one point. Though considering Iron Man usually blasts beams, Thor usually blasts lightning, or throws his hammer, and Hulk is...the guy who does run in punching but gets tossed aside to show how tough the villain is, the heavy hitters of the Avengers just don't do much punching.

I do find it amusing that Ms Marvel is finally getting a regular animated portryal, right around the time they change her name.

Oh and that blonde Shield agent shown at the end of the Kang Dynasty who kind of looked like Carol, WAS Carol. For anyone who caught that when it aired like a year ago.

And Agent Brand appeared, which I was honestly not expecting.

Also it ended with Commander Shepard punching out Harbinger. I giggled at that.

Oh and Carol flies so fast she creates sonic booms and has a blur effect. Iron Man and Wasp can't move that fast, and Thor usually doesn't, unless he has spaceship lasers to deflect. So that's a nice display of her power level there.
Last edit: 23 Apr 2012 14:10 by jimbob.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
23 Apr 2012 19:53 #27055 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic Re: Ms Marvel coming to Avengers Cartoon
Are they really going to end it after this season? What a waste.
Marvel hasn't had a good animated series since like the 90s X-Men. And when they finally make a decent one they decide to scrap it.

More
23 Apr 2012 20:36 #27057 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Ms Marvel coming to Avengers Cartoon

ChaozCloud wrote: Are they really going to end it after this season? What a waste.
Marvel hasn't had a good animated series since like the 90s X-Men. And when they finally make a decent one they decide to scrap it.

My thoughts exactly.

More
24 Apr 2012 01:10 #27062 by jimbob
Carol has her own little fanfare that plays whenever she's doing something cool. Like Black Panther has that tribal sounding riff. Just noticed that.

More
08 May 2012 04:46 #27241 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Re: Ms Marvel coming to Avengers Cartoon
So she appeared only in one episode ? Nothing else ? :huh:

More
08 May 2012 05:41 #27243 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Ms Marvel coming to Avengers Cartoon
She appeared in this past week's episode too....not much display of power but a good bit of screen time.

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 May 2012 07:11 #27245 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic Re: Ms Marvel coming to Avengers Cartoon
Oh nice, I thought it was only one appearance :D thanks for the info !

More
08 May 2012 07:40 #27246 by jimbob
She joined the team. They added her to the group shot of the opening and everything. It's just that the episode after her initial appearance was relatively Avenger free, aside from a brief appearance of Wasp, it only focused on Ant-man (who quit) and the guest starring Heroes for Hire.

Much like the first season, once the roster gets big enough, some characters will start to be absent for an ep or two if it isn't a plot critical episode that requires the whole team. We'll just have to hope Carol isn't absent too often. You'd think not since she's their new big character they want to hype up. Though she's also the only team member with a day job that she can't blow off......

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds