Amount

Amazon on CW?

06 Sep 2012 22:00 #28437 by lfan
Amazon on CW? was created by lfan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Sep 2012 00:24 #28439 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Amazon on CW?
I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Sure, the first attempt to portray Wonder Woman in the new millenium might not have been very good, but you should remember it took a couple of tries (Remember the Cathy Lee Crosby Wonder Woman?) before we got the classic Lynda Carter Wonder Woman.

More
07 Sep 2012 03:41 #28440 by MisterK
Replied by MisterK on topic Amazon on CW?
Well, I hope it works out.

More
07 Sep 2012 10:14 #28446 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Amazon on CW?
At least with this one, it's being written by someone who knows and likes the character, which hopefully will produce a half decent script.

More
07 Sep 2012 13:39 - 07 Sep 2012 13:40 #28451 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Amazon on CW?
Personally, I'm hoping for a little more than half—like maybe two thirds, or three quarters, or even 99% decent!

Or, let's just go crazy with this and hope that the whole thing is a cool interpretation of Wonder Woman!
Last edit: 07 Sep 2012 13:40 by Captain Marbles.

More
07 Sep 2012 15:13 #28453 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Amazon on CW?
I think Mark Pedowitz is doing a better job running the CW than his predacessor, Dawn Ostroff. I got the feeling that Ostroff did not like superhero related shows.

More
07 Sep 2012 16:11 #28455 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Amazon on CW?
As long as the show features a hot chick in spandex repeatedly throwing men around and picking up heavy things, I should be okay. I've just learned not to get my hopes up by now.

More
08 Sep 2012 09:07 #28463 by Artnico
Replied by Artnico on topic Amazon on CW?
Totally agree with yohashuan ! :)

More
08 Sep 2012 14:57 #28466 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Amazon on CW?
If it follows the Smallville formula I think it will turn out pretty good. CW seems to know what to do with fantasy/sci-fi shows.

More
08 Sep 2012 22:48 #28467 by AJF
I don't think she's going to wear a costume, at least for awhile.

If Arrow does well for the CW, this has a greater chance of going to pilot and later, series.

More
22 Oct 2012 22:47 #29144 by AJF
Arrow is b ig hit for the CW. Their biggest hit since the Vampire Diaries. It looks more like Amazon will go to series, if you ake me. Keep in mind, Amazon is the third attempt at doing a new WW tv series in 15 years. The third time could be the charm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
23 Oct 2012 04:26 #29148 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Amazon on CW?
While we're talking CW, Has any super stuff been going on Vampire Diaries this season?

More
23 Oct 2012 09:45 #29150 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Amazon on CW?
If only they got Joss Whedon to at least produce the show, now there´s a guy who knows how to make a proper powerfull heroine show. But I guess he´s kinda busy now :laugh:

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
30 Nov 2012 03:46 #29480 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic Amazon on CW?
More details about Amazon. If you don't like it when they mess around with the character...and her origins...and her NAME...well...

www.deadline.com/2012/11/cw-warner-bros-...n-project-meet-iris/

More
30 Nov 2012 04:49 #29481 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Amazon on CW?
According to the article, this Amazon named Iris doesn't have any super powers in the show. It deals with a WW like character before she got her powers. Just a "fish out of water" story set in a big US city.

Only thing interesting is the requirement for early 20's actress over 5'8". Premise is she's spent her "whole life" on the battlefield. Based on that, I'm guessing she looks early twenties but is much older. Otherwise Amazon warriors must start really young. Anyway, she might be serious eye candy which I presume the show will need to work.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
30 Nov 2012 18:51 #29489 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Amazon on CW?
Wouldn't hold too much stock in a casting description. The writer, Allan Heinberg, said 'iris' is just a code name the producers used to avoid attention.

As for the no powers, they don't really say that (though they say its before she becomes a warrior princess with superpowers). If you remember the remake of the Bionic Woman, the original show description was SO lame (something about using her bionics as a metaphor for the new age, busy woman) and inaccurate that I wouldn't give up hope. CW themselves has called it a show about WW (albeit before WW) in the same vein as Arrow and Smallville. My guess is we'll see Diana/Iris kickin a little ass....if it's made....

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
30 Nov 2012 19:18 #29490 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Amazon on CW?
Sounds reasonable... I guess the real point is that we shouldn't make too many assumptions at this point.

Hopefully the new Superman movie will do well this summer, which should give DC characters a boost. Marvel is kicking ass with great writing and terrific directing and production values. I just happen to be much fonder of Kryptonians and Amazons than I am the Marvel characters. Of course, my real dream is to see a truly excellent Kara Zor El movie, perhaps also with Cassie Sandsmark as WonderGirl. Josh Whedon direction and 3D and a big budget and the perfect actresses. Right now that's Laura V for Kara, but she's going to be outside the age window soon unless they decide to move Kara forward about ten years.

Oh well, I can dream. I'm posting my new story along those lines tonight (Kara plus 7 or 8 years). We can at least dream a little together, even if my vision is a bit racy for the big screen.

Shadar

lfan wrote: Wouldn't hold too much stock in a casting description. The writer, Allan Heinberg, said 'iris' is just a code name the producers used to avoid attention.

As for the no powers, they don't really say that (though they say its before she becomes a warrior princess with superpowers). If you remember the remake of the Bionic Woman, the original show description was SO lame (something about using her bionics as a metaphor for the new age, busy woman) and inaccurate that I wouldn't give up hope. CW themselves has called it a show about WW (albeit before WW) in the same vein as Arrow and Smallville. My guess is we'll see Diana/Iris kickin a little ass....if it's made....

ElF

The following user(s) said Thank You: Random321

• shadar
More
30 Nov 2012 19:24 #29491 by AJF
I'd be surprised if she didn't have powers. That would cause a lot of bad press. She of course, won't wear a costume.

The CW needs this show to work. The biggest hit they have had in years is Arrow. They are losing th young female viewers to ABC Family. Arrow atracts a more diverse viewership. Amazon can do the same.

More
01 Dec 2012 11:21 #29501 by rueda09
Replied by rueda09 on topic Amazon on CW?
I also hope that it would works this time. I hope they will choose an actress who has the right physical body this time, not a girl who was only skin and bones...

More
02 Dec 2012 18:41 #29532 by AJF
Wonderwomantv.com has article about two scenes in the pilot draft script that feature Steve Trevor. One takes place on Themsyrica and another in the US.

More
28 Jan 2013 20:59 #30255 by AJF
DeadlineHollywood.com is reporting that Amazon is not going forward to pilot for the 2013-2014 tv season. The CW is has not given up on it and it could be developed for the 2014-2015 tv season.

More
28 Jan 2013 21:00 #30256 by Dr. Muttonchops
Replied by Dr. Muttonchops on topic Amazon on CW?
The glass ceiling strikes again!

• Dr. Muttonchops
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
28 Jan 2013 22:10 #30257 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Amazon on CW?
Yeah, they cancelled Young Justice today too. Fuck you, Warner Bros!
The following user(s) said Thank You: earllechec

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
28 Jan 2013 22:40 #30258 by AJF
They arn't giving up on the project. All is not lost.

More
28 Jan 2013 23:08 #30259 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Amazon on CW?

lfan wrote: Yeah, they cancelled Young Justice today too. Fuck you, Warner Bros!

WHAT!!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds