Amount

Upcoming series: Bitten

21 Jan 2014 14:31 #35218 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Upcoming series: Bitten
I think the IGN review has it about right. I'm not particularly surprised it's not more witty; the books are of a similar nature to the show in terms of dialogue and tone. But I really enjoyed the short transformation sequences - CGI werewolf TFs are finally improving thanks to both Being Humans - and Elena's feats of strength are great. But I do wish she was a bit more buff in her human form. Other than that, it works for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2016 00:06 #49256 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Upcoming series: Bitten
I've just finished watching the first season. The first half was rather slow and boring to be honest, but then it eventually got more fun and fast-paced. I must say I'm watching it just because of Laura Vandervoort as nothing else is really worth it. Sure it's watchable but it's nothing special and the plot is not witty at all despite the infinite possibilities vengeful family and faction drama allow. Also, it's too much of a sausage fest for my taste, too many men flexing their muscles all the time.
But damn, Ms Vandervoort more than makes up for it. She's flawless, pure perfection. She's poetry in motion, the peak of human design in terms of beauty. She hasn't even aged a day since Smallville. Even though she has several scenes in which she shows off her character's superhuman strength (and the show has the great merit of doing its best to highlight her looks), I just can't help being in awe of her beauty every time she appears on screen. Each and every close-up of her face should be looked at whenever we need to be remembered perfection does exist.

More
24 Jul 2016 23:48 #49286 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Upcoming series: Bitten
For those who appreciate Laura in Bitten (she does make a cute werewolf), here she is in a different outfit.

She's ridiculously attractive either way.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
25 Jul 2016 16:32 #49295 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Upcoming series: Bitten
I missed the second season of this and am about to start streaming it. Is it true there's less of her werewolf stuff in the second series? (As in she stays human most of the time.)

More
25 Jul 2016 23:04 #49297 by j2001

Agent00Soul wrote: I missed the second season of this and am about to start streaming it. Is it true there's less of her werewolf stuff in the second series? (As in she stays human most of the time.)

Yes, it's true. Also, the first season ended hinting at the fact she might be "the chosen one" so I was eagerly expecting more scenes focused on her powers and strength. It turns out the 2nd season introduces a series of new characters which steal her show. She's still a heavily featured main character but she's not the main focus of the series anymore (I'm currently at 2x07, I don't now if the 3rd season puts her back at the center of the attention).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Agent00Soul

More
25 Jul 2016 23:35 #49298 by Raa

More
28 Jul 2016 01:25 #49329 by steelknight3000
Replied by steelknight3000 on topic Upcoming series: Bitten
What kind of super strength did she show in the series? Mostly throatlifts/pushing?

More
28 Jul 2016 12:17 #49337 by j2001

steelknight3000 wrote: What kind of super strength did she show in the series? Mostly throatlifts/pushing?

Her feats of strength are mostly breaking locks with her bare hands, casually ripping them out of their sockets.
You only see one throatlift, at the beginning of the first season where she kills her first and only human. The problem here is that she's stronger than humans but she never fight against them because, as you would expect, she dreads doing so. She always fights againts other werewolves which means she doesn't have an edge.
A couple of times she's seen ripping the heart out of their victims alive (literally), crushing their bones with her bare hands.

More
28 Jul 2016 17:32 #49343 by shadar
Here are another couple of pictures of Laura V doing the full Nordic goddess thing.

I'm a believer...

Shadar

This message has attachments images.

• shadar
More
29 Jul 2016 19:51 #49361 by j2001

shadar wrote: Here are another couple of pictures of Laura V doing the full Nordic goddess thing.

I'm a believer...

Shadar

Shadar, I think you should really watch this series. Just for the chance of taking hundreds of screenshots you can work your magic on. Bitten has such an overwhelmingly high number of Vandervoort's close-ups it's ridiculous. Show runners love her, and she's so painstakingly pretty you don't even bother asking yourself how come she has perfect hair and perfect make-up even when she's being held prisoner in a fortress for days. You just roll with it, and it's glorious.

A few takes:

This image is hidden for guests.

More
29 Jul 2016 20:59 #49362 by shadar

j2001 wrote:

shadar wrote: Here are another couple of pictures of Laura V doing the full Nordic goddess thing.

I'm a believer...

Shadar

Shadar, I think you should really watch this series. Just for the chance of taking hundreds of screenshots you can work your magic on. Bitten has such an overwhelmingly high number of Vandervoort's close-ups it's ridiculous. Show runners love her, and she's so painstakingly pretty you don't even bother asking yourself how come she has perfect hair and perfect make-up even when she's being held prisoner in a fortress for days. You just roll with it, and it's glorious.

I have watched most of Season 1. I agree that she's achingly beautiful. The rest of the show doesn't do much for me, but the camera (and cameraman and director) just loves those closeups.

Unfortunately, screenshots are pretty low res, even on HD, and lighting is usually wrong for a still image, but to your point, I could go nuts on capturing them. Maybe I should get the Bluray for Season 1. That's usually better than streaming HD.

Shadar

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds