Amount

Lifetime Movie Network's Forever 16

09 Sep 2013 16:53 #32958 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Lifetime Movie Network's Forever 16
We should also keep in mind, that Tiera Skovbye who plays raven Highgate in real life is only 16-17 years old.

She seems to much in demand as a teen model, based on all the modeling photos of her across the net.

In a lot of the shots they dump so much makeup on her face it makes her look older.

As you can see from watching Forever 16, she's a very tall girl.
She's even taller than her costar, Andrea Roth.

5 foot nine to be exact, typical model height.
The following user(s) said Thank You: castor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
23 Sep 2013 19:10 #33168 by AJF
As I expected them to, Lifetime Movie Network is going to run Forever 16 again in October, just in time for Halloween.

It airs wed Oct. 23 at 8 pm eastern time and again on Oct,24 at 12:am.

Various torrent site claim to have F16 available for download. It's still available on Youtube, even though it's been taker down several times after complaints from Odyessy Media.
The following user(s) said Thank You: castor

• AJF
More
25 Oct 2013 20:56 #33806 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Lifetime Movie Network's Forever 16
Wanted to give my thoughts on this(older bur)

When i first heard the premise-Cops send a teen vampire to investigate high school BathSalts drug ring. It was one of the weirdest buetiful thing i ever heard. It does not live up to that kind of crazy-but it never tries. the bueatiful thing of it was it takes a completly ridiculoious premise and never for a half a second acknoweldges how ridiculuous it is. and its works.

This is pretty good. you can see the budget in pretty much every frame but it works for it. It is also very clearly a pilot but that kind of works to- it gives it a lot of chance to breath to get a lot of character momments and builds up the character. The problem you hear about Tv show pilots is that they tend to be all "these are the characters-lets find out hwo they are" at the expense of plot. but thats not necessarily a bad thing if you let it. The real problem i felt for it was it is 88 minutes-i suspect if this was a TV show they whould cut it to an hour or add more stuff to make it 2. theres about 80 minutes of stuff here naturally and you can see that in bits.

This is a vampire movie that does not even the pretension of horror but that kind of works. It gives it a haunted quality- a sence of the horror within. We feel more the main characters reaction then what she does. The monster thats always just outside. I will admit it-i kind of like the twilight movies. But this does a good job of seem a lot tougher and more merciless then that, with out quite becoming let the right one in and taking away all sympathy. it was mentioned that Tiera is a former model-which fits. Shes not always great when she has to act withother people but the moments when we just see her without talking its frequently a very eerily beautiful. the moment when she just wipes blood off her face is effective in a way bigger budget horror movies rarely are.

I also should point out the two male leads-Jeffery Ballad as the evil guy is pretty fun as a guy who can seem an evil jerk or a nice enough guy-without ever really changing anything. Tyler Johnson is pretty good as a guy who masks thing with humor, but only so much of a mask. Hes engaging and charismatic, and i would hope to see him in bigger things.

As an Superwoman action-ehh. It has fun stuff. This isn't fighting bricks or anything, more girls kicking ass conventionally(twilight does a much better job at this). it works to a degree as that but to me at least it kind of helps sell the character and her struggle. I was writing a week or so about "Strong indipendnet woman" and it does a good job of creating stuff to make a conversation with the concept without going over the top into sexist silliness. It works as something.

Which is where i come to it. I still really work and thing about how stuff like this-how like most of this stuff could get a bigger audience. It should. people should talk more about it-the only publictiy i found for it was one refrence in a oregon newspaper. But its fun.

Watch it if you can.

More
22 Nov 2013 20:30 #34408 by AJF
For anyone here wanting to see more of Forever 16 star Tiera Skovbye, she has two upcoming tv roles that might be worth checking out.

The first is guest staring role on the CW Network's Supernatural, a show she has appeared on it the past.
She appears in 9x09 and it called A Rock and A Hard Place. It airs this coming Tuesday 11/26/13 at 8 central, 9 eastern.

She also is going to guest star in an upcoming episode of The Hub cable network series Spooksville, in an episode called The Wicked Cat. I don't know when it will air.

BTW, she was only 17 when she filmed Forever 16 and is now 18 and as of right now doing a series of modeling shoots in Japan.

• AJF
More
25 Feb 2014 22:21 #35631 by AJF
It airs again tomorrow at 5 P.M central and 6 P.M eastern on Lifetime Movie Network. That will be the sixth time it has aired in six months since it first aired, A total of just six times.

• AJF
More
07 Jan 2015 16:09 #39745 by AJF
It's clear by buy now that Forever 16 will not continue in a any form.

A few months back, Forever 16 Tiera Skovbye confirmed this on her Instagram page.
Some time back, via StarsQA.com, I asked Ali Skovbye if there would a 2nd F16 telefilm.
Ali Skovbye is the real life younger sister of F16 star Tiera. In Forever 16, she played Raven's ( Tiera Skovbye) younger sister in the 1939 flashback scene. She answered that Odyssey Media had planed to produce 5 F16 telefilms and then an hour tv series.

The mostly reason way F16 did not continue is because Lifetime Movie Network simply did want it to continue,

• AJF
More
07 Jan 2015 16:28 #39747 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Lifetime Movie Network's Forever 16
Shame.

Given its total lack of publicty and public support ( i did a google search for it i remember and found one article talking about it in a local Oregon Newspaper) this is perhaps understandable.

Do think something was here. in terms of its ideas-that wasn't entreily worked around its plot and setting. I think if they worked to make it a better movie then an hour long pilot that they extended twice as long it may have worked better.

that said Tiera gave a good to great performance-and i hope she gets good work in the future.

More
07 Jan 2015 17:58 #39752 by AJF
First airing this Sat, 1-10-15, you can see Tiera Skovbye in the telefilm Sugar Daddies which airs on Lifetime.
She's just in supporting role. The real female lead is actress Taylor Gildersleeve, who I think would make a good Kara/Supergirl in the upcoming CBS series.

• AJF
More
07 Jan 2015 23:03 #39760 by erikphandel
Replied by erikphandel on topic Lifetime Movie Network's Forever 16
Shame this got cancelled. Another show I was so pumped for and was cut down was Mighty Woman. That was a good premise, and a gorgeous lead actress, and the stuff just didn't happen.

By the way, Taylor is gorgeous. Dunno about her acting but she certainly looks like the part

More
08 Jan 2015 03:31 #39764 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Lifetime Movie Network's Forever 16

erikphandel wrote: Shame this got cancelled. Another show I was so pumped for and was cut down was Mighty Woman. That was a good premise, and a gorgeous lead actress, and the stuff just didn't happen.

By the way, Taylor is gorgeous. Dunno about her acting but she certainly looks like the part

Mighty Woman isn't quite dead yet. Some stuff still in the works.... :)

ElF

More
08 Jan 2015 05:02 #39765 by erikphandel
Replied by erikphandel on topic Lifetime Movie Network's Forever 16

lfan wrote:

erikphandel wrote: Shame this got cancelled. Another show I was so pumped for and was cut down was Mighty Woman. That was a good premise, and a gorgeous lead actress, and the stuff just didn't happen.

Mighty Woman isn't quite dead yet. Some stuff still in the works.... :)

ElF

So glad to hear that! Made my day

More
09 Jan 2015 13:41 #39776 by AJF
Can we please just talk about Forever 16 here?

• AJF
More
09 Jan 2015 14:05 #39777 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Lifetime Movie Network's Forever 16

AJF wrote: Can we please just talk about Forever 16 here?

Valid point, AJF, though it seems future conversations around Forever 16 might be short-lived. That said, I thought it was decent and Tiera Skovbye was good in the role. Had hopes to see more exhibition of powers, especially in the "training montage", but alas, it was not meant to be.

ElF

More
11 Nov 2015 19:41 #45108 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic Lifetime Movie Network's Forever 16
It's now available on Youtube from Lifetime for $3.99 or $4.99 HD. I this this version is the full movie, not the on with fewer scenes that LMN runs every few months.

More
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds