Amount

Black Canary on Arrow 10/23/13

22 Oct 2013 22:53 #33712 by AJF
Black Canary on Arrow 10/23/13 was created by AJF
Tomorrow nights episode 3 of season 2 of the CW's Arrow features the first full appearance of the Black Canary. Played by Caity Lotz of The Machine fame. Worth checking out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: j2001

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
24 Oct 2013 00:04 #33743 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic Black Canary on Arrow 10/23/13
Didn't she only have 'scream' powers or is there a version where she's also strong?

More
24 Oct 2013 03:57 #33754 by murdough
Replied by murdough on topic Black Canary on Arrow 10/23/13
Her only power was her sonic scream combined with Olympic-level athleticism and martial arts ability. In terms of the show though, they look to be going straight martial artist with no powers. The show's producers originally opted to go with a realistic approach ie no super powers in the same vein as the Nolan Batman films. However, with the Flash showing up around the mid-season hiatus, super speed and all, for what the CW hopes will lead to a Flash spin-off, all bets are off this season.

More
24 Oct 2013 04:01 #33755 by revolution
Replied by revolution on topic Black Canary on Arrow 10/23/13
first episode of the season had a brief view of her at the end of the episode where she helps Thia Queen's Boyfriend. They did not show her using any of her known abilities except her exceptional fighting abilities as she dispatched the thugs with ease.

Will be interesting as i always expected Laural Lance (Katie Cassidy) to be Canary.

More
06 Nov 2013 13:26 - 06 Nov 2013 15:47 #34073 by j2001
Replied by j2001 on topic Black Canary on Arrow 10/23/13
I've uploaded a cut&paste clip for each episode in which Black Canary/Sara Lance appears (starting from 2x01), merging her scenes only.
Let me know if you find this useful. This way you won't have to watch a whole episode to spot her appearances if you don't want to.

2x01

2x03

2x04

dfiles.eu/files/wt6e23fvy
(Youtube and Dailymotion took it down so it's old fashioned file hosting for this)
Last edit: 06 Nov 2013 15:47 by j2001.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Scwank

More
12 Nov 2013 13:43 #34218 by j2001
2x05

In this episode Sara presents herself as the Black Canary, tells about her role in the League of Assassins and reveals herself to her father. She then leaves for the sake of her family.
The full cut of the episode with all of her appearances can be downloaded here: dfiles.eu/files/1sihst0g2

I've also uploaded a way shorter version for Youtube

More
12 Nov 2013 22:10 #34223 by DustyBottums
Replied by DustyBottums on topic Black Canary on Arrow 10/23/13
Has anybody seen the film she's in, "The Machine?" If so, how do I go about finding it? No luck so far online....

More
13 Nov 2013 15:19 #34240 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Black Canary on Arrow 10/23/13
The Machine has not been released yet.

• AJF
More
13 Nov 2013 16:11 #34242 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Black Canary on Arrow 10/23/13
on the actress playing the Black Canary, for me does not work, she needs to be a bit taller, and a little bit more defined in the body, she can play the role well it's just that she needs to be bit more buff.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Nov 2013 11:12 #34327 by j2001
2x06

More
18 Nov 2013 18:07 #34332 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Black Canary on Arrow 10/23/13

fats wrote: on the actress playing the Black Canary, for me does not work, she needs to be a bit taller, and a little bit more defined in the body, she can play the role well it's just that she needs to be bit more buff.

Fats

I will give it this. The promos kind of left me cold for her, on a series that always felt like it wanted to be a little more clever then it is.

That said they have done a good job of not just making her a generic badass(see last seasons:huntress), and giving her kind emotion and depth. Its a pretty good performance from Lotz, who is smart enough to emphasis her humanity. it does make the scenes when shes flying around kicking ass funner for it. I donno how it goes on a show that has tendency to kind of whiplash a little much,but like what i have seen.

More
20 Apr 2014 15:43 #36233 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Black Canary on Arrow 10/23/13
IN last weeks ep, the Summer Glau character is shot and Slade Wilson gives her some of his blood. She is now Arrow's version of the DCU character Ravager! So says the show's producers. There is even a pic of her in costume on the net.
Finally, Arrow gets a real superwoman character.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

• AJF
More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds