Amount

Electra Woman and Dyna Girl

08 May 2014 18:18 #36409 by castor
Electra Woman and Dyna Girl was created by castor
Heard about but never saw this before:

its the 2001 Pilot that never got picked up, A reinimaging of the 70s Kiddie Show. As someone who has a certain amount of Nostalgia for the original (which to be honest i am not entirely sure is well placed) its intresting to see.

As for the 14 minute show-well There a couple of cute jokes, and the comedy take on the DC universe brings a moment or two of actual cleverness. The fight scene at the end isn't badly done. Yet its a little to cynical for its own good, which probably killed it. But Its interesting, and there is a clever idea in here somehow.. It feels a bit in a way like Arrested Development which came a couple of year latter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 May 2014 03:55 #36413 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Electra Woman and Dyna Girl
I am a huge fan of Markie Post.
Loved her in Fall Guy and Night Court.
I saw this on YouTube years ago and I thought it was just awful.
There are horrible people in this world that love to take things from my youth and just destroy them.
I wish I could un see this.
Thank all that's Holy this never made it into production.

More
09 May 2014 04:44 #36414 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Electra Woman and Dyna Girl
I thought Markie Post was the best pat of this actually-its not good, but shes trying to play thorugh her trailer trash character, being a cynical alcholic bastard, but keeping just a tad of likability

I donno. Part of me thinks that with a little better script and a better dynagirl this could have been something. The original felt like a supergirl in peril video crossed with an episode of the electric company .Theres a comedy there. , but felt a little to meanspirted, and weak for it to really work.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
09 May 2014 11:14 #36418 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Electra Woman and Dyna Girl
Dyna Girl casting was the least of the problems here. This was just Mean Spirited.

More
10 May 2014 04:18 #36426 by MisterK
Replied by MisterK on topic Electra Woman and Dyna Girl
Just watched it for the first time after just hearing about it for years. It's not bad for what it is. Shame it takes till 10m minutes in till you get an actual action scene though.

More
02 Jul 2017 04:47 #55114 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic Electra Woman and Dyna Girl
www.grunge.com/12328/sci-fi-shows-geeky-...-and-dyna-girl-2001/
Night Court's Markie Post plays an alcoholic, trailer-livin' ex-superhero with an overwhelmingly chipper fan who goads her into a reluctant return to heroism. The failed superhero comedy was based on characters created in 1976 by kids show creators Sid and Marty Krofft, and despite only existing for 16 episodes, someone saw fit to bring them into the 21st century, this time with a terrible pop punk soundtrack. It's a level of geekiness that few hope to obtain, but that didn't stop the 2016 revival by Grace Helbig and Hannah Hart, who are YouTube people, in case you didn't know.

Read More: www.grunge.com/12328/sci-fi-shows-geeky-...1/?utm_campaign=clip

More
02 Jul 2017 10:46 #55117 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Electra Woman and Dyna Girl

slim36 wrote: www.grunge.com/12328/sci-fi-shows-geeky-...-and-dyna-girl-2001/
Night Court's Markie Post plays an alcoholic, trailer-livin' ex-superhero with an overwhelmingly chipper fan who goads her into a reluctant return to heroism. The failed superhero comedy was based on characters created in 1976 by kids show creators Sid and Marty Krofft, and despite only existing for 16 episodes, someone saw fit to bring them into the 21st century, this time with a terrible pop punk soundtrack. It's a level of geekiness that few hope to obtain, but that didn't stop the 2016 revival by Grace Helbig and Hannah Hart, who are YouTube people, in case you didn't know.

Read More: www.grunge.com/12328/sci-fi-shows-geeky-...1/?utm_campaign=clip

Merged with the old topic on the subject.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36

More
Time to create page: 0.049 seconds