Amount

Mockingbird incoming

22 Oct 2014 21:39 #38635 by Woodclaw
Mockingbird incoming was created by Woodclaw
Just a preview of Adrianne Palicki in her Mockingbird costume in the upcoming episode of Agents of SHIELD. While I still think that she had the potential to be a great Wonder Woman, I'm quite happy to see her like this.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, pansardum, Monty

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Woodclaw
  • Woodclaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
14 Feb 2015 13:14 #40411 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Mockingbird incoming
She's been upped to series regular.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Markiehoe

More
09 Apr 2015 19:13 #41384 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Mockingbird incoming
Various entertainment news sites are reporting that ABC is developing an Agents of SHIELD spinoff series.

More
10 Apr 2015 19:30 #41416 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Mockingbird incoming

AJF wrote: Various entertainment news sites are reporting that ABC is developing an Agents of SHIELD spinoff series.

I know the rumor going around is that this is a Mockingbird show...but I'll just say i kinda hope this isn't.

I have said before i am not a big Shield fan, its a Team based Spy show with some superhero stuff tacked on it-the amount has increased in this season-but yeah. I would argue that Shield in a lot of ways was created becuse "well we don't really have confidence in a Superhero Show, but well we can backdoor it with this Team spy stuff". Fine

I suspect that this would end up being "A sexy Spy show with some superhero stuff tacked on."

Which isn't bad persay , but stuff we have seen before in shows like Nikita or Alias-which could be fun but not Something that exciting for me-i realize in general shows with female protagonists-particuarly action protagonists are good...but well ehh. Spy stuff is a little tired for me-it tends to be a touch above it all if nothing else. And i don't particularly like the Marvel Tendency to say all there superhero stuff was basically just James Bond stuff with Gortex.

Padalaki is fine from what i have seen-good even-but she is doing a touch of a well played badass, Which is fine, and would work well even a movie(though yeah it does a feel a bit they couldn't get Scarlet Johansen to a Tv Contract)-but not something i would want to watch 22 weeks by itself. You could do more to give her a little bit of depth(which is something Agent Carter did well if for no other way as it wasn't above silly humor)....but

Agent of Shield isn't particularly a high rated show- for its budget its probably a flop. Meanwhile shows like Arrow Flash are doing great and there this other show i am hearing about that is getting a lot of press. Daredevil is at the very least getting a lot of attention. If ABC and Disney want to continue exploring the marvel universe in televison-i would almost say do a straight superhero show. That could work. But Mocking bird isn't the character i would do it with. I kind of like that the first impulse these days is almost to go for a female protaginsit-but agian they stuff they could do.

More
11 Apr 2015 05:12 #41425 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic Mockingbird incoming
They'd planned on doing a Mockingbird show years ago that never materialized, because of various reasons.

They might still be trying to salvage that idea.

More
11 Jan 2016 19:12 #46011 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Mockingbird incoming
Well it looks like its back in the form of "Marvels Most wanted", a show presumibly where she is on the run.

www.comicbookresources.com/article/abc-o...most-wanted-to-pilot

Honestly...still not that impressed. Agents of Shield when ever i see it continues to kinda of underwealm me as a spy show, or as a superhero show, and while i do think one of its problem is that it lacked focus (its a show built around a performance that worked best as a supporting character in movies), and this may have focus thats still..i donno..

I do think to a large Degree Agents of Shields was created with the idea "we want to do a superhero show..but um this is 2014". Well there is 2016 and there is Arrow, then there Was Flash, now there is Supergirl, all of which are doing pretty damm well. Agents of Shield isn't doing as well as supergirl. This feels like a response to it continue with what they have...but this does feel still muted. Hedging there bets.

Which kinda depresses me is there are better properties here. Ms Marvel (the Kamala)is a show that people have talked about and really the story is a lot like Supergirl-that could be fun. Young Woman whose a little unsure of thing wants to do good.

Theres Also Squirrel Girl, and you know about a dozen other characters who could make intresting TV Shows...but yeah. I Doubt these are going to get made now.

Palacki from what i have seen is fine playing a generic tough spy gir(and shes not bad at bluster)l, and while i hope this gives her more to do....ehhhh

So yeah.

Castor

PS There doing a second Season Also of Vixen, which is happy.

More
11 Jan 2016 19:46 #46013 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Mockingbird incoming
I like SHIELD.
I've seen every episode.
It's a pretty good ensemble show.

Splitting the talent seems like a bad idea now.
Bobbi is one of their stronger characters.

Having said that Agent May really kicks ass and Bobbi plays second fiddle to her.
Two very similar characters skillset wise seems redundant.

So now we will have May on one show and Bobbi on another.

SHIELD will become the CSI of Marvel TV

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds