Amount

And another New TV show

29 Oct 2014 10:52 - 29 Oct 2014 10:53 #38746 by castor
And another New TV show was created by castor
...Well the ordering of a script for a pilot of one.

Fox is developing a yet to be named show about a Female Frozen Yogurt Employee who discovers she has Telekenetic powers. If that doesn't sound like the most serious setup, Its a single Camera sitcom written by a writer of 30 Rock, and produced for some reason by Ben Affleck and Matt Damon.

The Script to the pilot stage is reasonably common. What it means they write a script...which they may or may not like-then produce a pilot...which they may or may not like. This isn't supergirl which went super fast. into production Wouldn't hold my breath on this actually.

That said while this sounds silly. I could see some promise on this one. The very brief article suggests that this is is kind of a "Coming into addulthod type story" which is reasonably common, with most likely the Telekinesis being a gimmick-i am going to guess this could be kind of a parody of a superhero stuff and carrie(its a good power to not really establish whose doing it-wacky!). It could be fun, especially with the right lead.

And until it happens go watch Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Captian Marvel, and probabbly some stuff i am forgeting. .

variety.com/2014/tv/news/fox-orders-come...-affleck-1201341279/
Last edit: 29 Oct 2014 10:53 by castor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Oct 2014 17:10 #38753 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic And another New TV show
I'll take this as a "different tone" addition to the pile.

Adding some fresh takes into the pile is a good thing. (Affleck is a comic book fan, and I think Damon is too.)

I think a Modern Family type show dealing with Supers could be amazing. And likely not all that costly to shoot, as the focus then becomes on the characters rather than the powers that they use. Set in a world where supers are at least known (so it doesn't become dark like No Ordinary Family).

More
29 Oct 2014 17:50 #38755 by Albais
Replied by Albais on topic And another New TV show
And until it happens go watch Supergirl, Wonder Woman and Captian Marvel, and probabbly some stuff i am forgeting. .

Well if not wrong we got the Sony Pictures film based on that Peter Parker related unknown superfemme...
The following user(s) said Thank You: castor

More
29 Oct 2014 18:02 #38756 by enchantederotica
Replied by enchantederotica on topic And another New TV show
There are so many different “interpretations” of telekinesis ... I hope this is better than just “pushing things”, “throwing people”, and “slamming doors”. Show me actual control of gravity, levitation, and the ability to hold all sorts of things big and small up in the air.

Supernautral women with superpowered sex-drives: www.enchantederotica.com

• enchantederotica
More
29 Oct 2014 18:09 #38758 by castor
Replied by castor on topic And another New TV show

enchantederotica wrote: There are so many different “interpretations” of telekinesis ... I hope this is better than just “pushing things”, “throwing people”, and “slamming doors”. Show me actual control of gravity, levitation, and the ability to hold all sorts of things big and small up in the air.

Give it 22 episodes a season, and i suspect your going to get your wish if this picks up.

Well if not wrong we got the Sony Pictures film based on that Peter Parker related unknown superfemme...

I stand corrected:)

*High five!!!*

• castor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Oct 2014 18:14 #38759 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic And another New TV show

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I'll take this as a "different tone" addition to the pile.

Adding some fresh takes into the pile is a good thing. (Affleck is a comic book fan, and I think Damon is too.)

I think a Modern Family type show dealing with Supers could be amazing. And likely not all that costly to shoot, as the focus then becomes on the characters rather than the powers that they use. Set in a world where supers are at least known (so it doesn't become dark like No Ordinary Family).

Hard pressed to think of "adult-oriented" (sans Nickelodeon or Disney XD) superhero or powers-based shows that have been tried as comedies. I guess the Tick was the only one that pops to mind.

There were a couple of failed pilots that never saw the light of day in the last 10 years: Incredigirl (starring Nicolette Sheridan), Ball & Chain (Dan Cortese and Myndi Alexander were cast if memory serves), Fly Girls (which never really got to a pilot), and the ElectraWoman remake (starring Markie Post).....

ElF

More
29 Oct 2014 19:00 #38761 by castor
Replied by castor on topic And another New TV show

lfan wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I'll take this as a "different tone" addition to the pile.

Hard pressed to think of "adult-oriented" (sans Nickelodeon or Disney XD) superhero or powers-based shows that have been tried as comedies. I guess the Tick was the only one that pops to mind.

ElF

Intresting comparision. The problem with the Live Action tick is that it could never really get 1/10 the comic energy of the original. That show zipped, from one ridiculus scene and over the top character to another. The live action looked good for what it did...but was very slow.

Modern family and 30 Rock( which the creator wrote for) do feel a lot like the tick. They are endlesly energetic and if i don't think Modern Family is as funny...i can't say they don't move like a rocket. I think a big part of it is th ensemble nature-if they can't create giant chair monsters, they can switch to another plotline on a fly if this one is about to loose steam.

I tend to think the model of superhero comedy thats "Hey these are guys wearing leotards in there day to day lives"isn't a very funny joke especially in live action. When you see it i am not sure it superplays (see the not very good British show "No Heroics"), but yeah if they could do this as a comedy it could be fun. Telekenisis is a good power to create chaos and vulnerability-which is something that comedy thrives on.

its funny though to me-this is about a young 25 year old woman trying to come to grips with a stalled life and superpowers. Supergirl i am guessing is about a 24 year with likely similar themes. if this ever gets anywhere it might be intresting to compare and contrast.

Most modern Sucesful Sitcoms tend to be about that kind of energy-and if they can do that well(which is *hard*).

• castor
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds