Amount

NBC Warrior pilot

10 Jan 2015 15:54 #39784 by AJF
NBC Warrior pilot was created by AJF
Although, this isn't a real superwoman show, I thought it was worth posting here.
NBC has ordered a pilot about a female martial artist out to take down a crime cartel. She's guided a by a mysterious sensei. You have to wonder if CBS's Supergirl may have had something to do with this project going to pilot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 Jan 2015 17:36 #39785 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic NBC Warrior pilot
Maybe the current development of Supergirl is what pushed this idea forward, but I think that they should do much better than that. It looks like one of the most boring concepts I've ever read about.

More
10 Jan 2015 20:07 #39788 by castor
Replied by castor on topic NBC Warrior pilot
I am kind of involved in Fight coreography for movies(kinda). One thing i can say-if they shoot this right and get an actress who can do most of if not all of her own stunts and be kind of charismatic i could see this working.

This is an extremely basic concept-but a lot of good shows are. The First show this sounds like to me is Hunted, from a couple of years ago which is a kind of a fun "Woman on a roaring rampage of revenge" type show, that took a simple premise and made it work- with A) A good Actress (Mellisa George) in the lead, and b) some of the best cinemtography ever on a TV show(i mean seriously it looked amazing).

A lot will depend on the fighting-which on TV is hard or they make it hard. When shows try to ape Modern Movie style of "you punch but we edit out the actual contact" or "we do it all in shadows to hide the stunt men easier" it looks pretty bad. However when they embrace older styles of doing the stunts in camera and letting it linger a bit it can work pretty well. Shows like Xena hold up pretty well-and if they go for a good old school vibe it can be a lot of fun.

Not this is Defentily to happen, or even necessairly this is likely to happen, but i could see this being good-or at least a fun summer show that works out well enough.

Castor

More
15 Feb 2015 07:14 #40417 by castor
Replied by castor on topic NBC Warrior pilot
Aparently they hired- Natalie Martinez, most recently of Under the Dome for the Lead. Still think this could be intresting, though the nature of is very much in the air.

Castor

More
Time to create page: 0.041 seconds