Amount

Sue Storm Powered Up

23 Feb 2015 15:45 - 23 Feb 2015 15:46 #40526 by lfan
Sue Storm Powered Up was created by lfan
New leaked FF footage showing the Invisible Woman seemingly FLYING and smashing thru a pillar of rock. Hmm, very ubergirl-worthy.......

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 23 Feb 2015 15:46 by lfan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
23 Feb 2015 16:39 #40527 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Sue Storm Powered Up
Are you sure that's not the Human Torch?

More
23 Feb 2015 16:44 #40528 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Sue Storm Powered Up
Looks like Human Torch is on the left (yellow FX)......she's on the right (white FX)

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
23 Feb 2015 16:47 #40529 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Sue Storm Powered Up
John Byrne did many good things, and more than a few bad. It's easy to pick out the bad, he liked shock story-telling (Superman kills, Aunt Petunia, Malice, etc). It's much harder to write an actually interesting story and keep with it, and even harder to do it driven by character development or a long reaching plot.

BUT, I will give him credit for during the Malice storyline for crediting Sue as the most powerful member of the FF. It'd been true for a long time .. she took down the Hulk in the FF 160's (Ben did keep Hulk busy while she put a bubble over his head, and he passed out). But I don't remember people really groking that fact until Byrne outright made it a part of a storyline.

I'm not sure, but I seem to recall that Bryne is also the first to make her 'fly', though it wasn't as dramatic as this, she would skate/be pushed by force fields, sort of like Iceman did with ice, only she had better control than he did. And she got better at it over time. (I'm pretty sure it's Byrne who did it, I can see panels in my head.)

And for all the grief I gave him above, his run on the FF is one of the longer runs in comics (almost 100 issues), and it's also one of the overall some of the best issues of the FF (things didn't go well for the comic after he left). Of course he's beaten out on length and quality by others, it's still a noteworthy achievement. And when you are beaten out by the likes of Bendis/Busiek, Lee/Kirby, Dave Sim, and Bill Willingham, well, that's good company to be in. And, unlike those he was writer/artist for that run (Sim does better overall, but it's also the only thing he did during that time, and he had Gerhard on back up panels).

But I digress, I don't like the FF as much any more (Reed is just horrible). But when Sue cuts loose ... those are good issues. She spanked the Avengers a few times recently. You really don't want to get Sue mad. And the thing about it is, she's STILL not using her powers to their fullest extent when she's attacking, she doesn't want to kill people after all. (She also had an epic takedown of Doom recently, but she was also a bit off her rocker.)

It'd good to see they're going with a kick-ass Sue for the movie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
24 Feb 2015 00:55 #40540 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Sue Storm Powered Up

lfan wrote: Looks like Human Torch is on the left (yellow FX)......she's on the right (white FX)

:blush:

More
24 Feb 2015 10:23 #40546 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Sue Storm Powered Up
Major takeaway for me.

Hope they do a few more passes on the special effects, cause even the rock crumbling looks pretty bad.

Castor

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds