Amount

"Dial H For Heroine" on TV

04 May 2015 23:09 #41790 by Agent00Soul
"Dial H For Heroine" on TV was created by Agent00Soul
www.bleedingcool.com/2015/05/04/dial-h-f...nd-a-smartphone-app/

Dial H For Hero Becomes Live Action Comedy #4Hero From Machinima, DC And A Smartphone App

"Dial H For Hero was a classic DC comic book series, in which ordinary people could dial in brand new superheroes to deal with problems, from a telephone dialler. Revived a number of times, most recently with China Mieville for the New 52 relaunch as Dial H, It is now being reinvented once again. As a live action comedy drama from Machinima.

And instead of a dialler? An app….

A modern adaptation of DC Comics’ cult-favorite classic “Dial H For Hero”, #4Hero is a live-action, VFX-heavy action-comedy about a young woman named Nellie Tribble who is quietly desperate to make her mark on the world, but wholly unprepared to do so. Nellie stumbles upon a life-altering smartphone app that allows her to instantly become a Super Hero for a short amount of time. The problem is her super powers are dictated by whatever is trending on social media at that moment, and they are always only semi-useful."
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, SCOTT R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Agent00Soul
  • Agent00Soul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
05 May 2015 16:56 #41806 by castor
Replied by castor on topic "Dial H For Heroine" on TV
Could be intresting.

I tend to run pretty cold on Machima stuff in general. Good bad, i can admire there ideas...but something about there execution always leaves me a little dry. Its just a touch to geeky, with out exploring what makes actual things for geeks intresting.

By the same token i kind of didn't much care for the Recent Dial H. I never thought of it that way Mielville in general has some of the same problems, almost in reverse. A little to aware of the media to be interesting to really get to the fun, if it could be cute.

But well together....This could work. i kike the idea of almost being forced to work on there own IP here which could take it to fun places. But at least curious to seewhat they try.

More
06 May 2015 20:20 - 06 May 2015 20:21 #41823 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic "Dial H For Heroine" on TV
I essentially agree. Superhero comedy TV shows tend not to last for this very reason. After a while the joke gets repetitive and people want character development. It's a fine balance to walk. Actually I thought that the Powers adaptation on PS4 did a great job of this. The tongue wasn't in cheek enough to clog the story up, but there were plenty of winks at the audience to remind us that we shouldn't take it too seriously.

Having said all this, I am looking forward just to see some of the superheroines they come up with based on what is "trending" at the moment. Since the Dial H heroes/heroines never resembled their human hosts, I imagine there will be lots of different actresses and even CGI that Nellie could turn into.

If they really want to get meta, they could have the Hero dial lock into a site like SWM for an episode. What would we get? A Tagalog speaking Velorian maybe. I kid, I kid. :kiss:
Last edit: 06 May 2015 20:21 by Agent00Soul.

• Agent00Soul
  • Agent00Soul's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds