Amount

Shadowhunters

31 May 2015 20:18 #42493 by AJF
Shadowhunters was created by AJF
Remember that movie from year or two called The Mortal Instraments: City Of Bones, base on a YA book series? It bombed at the BO made very money in DVD?Bluray and online views.
It's now being adapted for tv and is now being called Shadowhunters. From Constantin Films and Toronto based producer Don Carmody, the same producers of the feature film, a German-Canadian co-production.
ABC Family ordered 13 episodes direct to series. It's in production now in Toronto. Katherine Macnamera plays to lead role of Clary Fray, taking over from Lily Collins in the film version.
I don't think this show will make it past the first season because everybody pretty much hated the film and ABC Family has not had any success with genre tv in a while.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
31 May 2015 20:40 #42495 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Shadowhunters
ABC family has been hit and miss.

Stichers as i pointed out this week-not good at all..

But Nine Lives of Chloe King was gone before its time- it had a charm and quirk that its special effects couldn't always live up to . Kyle XY was a show that people like a lot. When it hits it decent at creating likable if not necessairly complicated characters and putting them through the super ringer.

The Mortal Instruments books are something i have looked at, and while i can't say i love them or continued i can see why people have. There is a trick to the kind of stpry they are trying to balance rommance, Supernatural stuff etc...that is tricky. There is a specific Tone its going for, which is hard to take seriously, but you almost have to take seriously.

The movie failed. Point blank i'll say it-the lead heroine felt like a secondary character. and never let her have much agency. However i could almost see it working more as a show- as you almost have to give her some agency .a nd with a talented actress- i could see it being something.

So this could work. Not saying its 100% or even 50% but it could work.

(though thinking about it i kind of wonder why they are doing these kind of shows-this would be a good spot say for A Squirrel Girl Show or a Ms. Marvel show or something)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AJF

More
01 Jun 2015 16:12 #42507 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Shadowhunters
What was an even bigger failure for ABC Family recently, the supernatural themed Pretty Little Liars spinoff, Ravenswood. Hyped like crazy, even aired after PLL, ABC Family still gave up on it after its 10 episode order.

The Shadowhunter books say Shadowhunters, who are who have angel ancestry have a series of superhuman abilities, including enhanced strength and agilty.

They didn't seem to have these powers in the film. Series star Macnamera has posted pics of herself training with her male co-stars.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds