Amount

Superstrong and fast android on SyFy. Good looking woman.

08 Jun 2015 21:28 #42684 by Sarge395

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sarge395
  • Sarge395's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
08 Jun 2015 22:33 #42685 by kikass2014
Nice find :) Will be keeping an eye on this :)

Tnx.

Peace.

/K

More
09 Jun 2015 08:52 #42694 by SCOTT R

More
09 Jun 2015 11:00 #42696 by AJF
That's Zoie Palmer form Lost Girl.

More
09 Jun 2015 11:33 #42697 by Markiehoe
I have my DVR set.

More
09 Jun 2015 13:10 #42700 by castor
You know, don't want to be a na sayer but not that impressed.

The fight and stunts are impressive, but the shooting looks a touch flat and borring and the editing looks slack-the script not so much from what i can gather.

But this interesting in this regard-this is a show about 6 people who wake up on a spacecraft with amnesia and no memory of how they get there-. Thats the hook. and its not a terrible one. This was done well on a couple of tv shows like buffy and TNG, and starting here could be neat-if well written and acted well.

But The android angle looks to be a varation on it, something to add to the show to give it a little variety. I am guessing not the smallest role but a modest one.

However she is clearly what the show is marketing around. Shes what there building there add campaign around at least today- shes how there pushing it forward- a show on a TV network emphasising its superpowered character as there main selling point.

And that is intresting how the times go.

More
09 Jun 2015 16:27 #42704 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Superstrong and fast android on SyFy. Good looking woman.
I'll probably have to check this out (depending on if it is on any legal streaming site).

I wasn't really that impressed with Zoie Palmer on Lost Girl, though I think this was a bit of how they wrote her character. She seems like a reasonable actress, and is doing a good job here (from what we saw). I actually didn't think it was her, I just went "she looks a lot like the Doctor from Lost Girl". Really I'll need to give her a chance -- but my initial reaction was to wish they'd picked someone else...which is really unfair to Palmer.

This could be really neat. But every show that starts built on a mystery like this (everyone wakes up with amnesia, etc), needs a different answer for the long term story. This should just be the hook to get people into the show, not a long term plot device. (At the very least they should have some idea of what is going on, and that should drive the show, no matter if they get their full memory back right away.)

So i really think this will hinge on how they answer those questions. Well that and how well this team of actors gel together.

More
10 Jun 2015 02:01 #42713 by martinblasick
So many shows to watch :-) No time for work, just going to watch tv all the time!! I would be nice to see SyFi come up with a good show.

More
10 Jun 2015 17:55 #42720 by jay_manus
I wonder what the post office delivery code on her neck is for?

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
10 Jun 2015 18:28 #42721 by Woodclaw

jay_manus wrote: I wonder what the post office delivery code on her neck is for?

Given she's an android I guess it's just the product bar code, like in Dark Angel.

More
10 Jun 2015 18:33 #42722 by castor

Woodclaw wrote:

jay_manus wrote: I wonder what the post office delivery code on her neck is for?

Given she's an android I guess it's just the product bar code, like in Dark Angel.

Not the only Dark Angel vibe i am getting. it has a lot of the look and feel of it.

And Spoilers:

Was Never really a fan of that show. Had a lot of intresting ideas-but the execution of it both as an action show and Sci Fi never quite worked out at all.

More
14 Jun 2015 23:07 #42790 by Markiehoe
I watched this just now.
Not great but really not bad.
I'll tune in again next week.

The bar code on the robot's neck is just silly.
The technology in the show is way past the 1970s.
I guess the character's designer wanted something to make her stand out from a crowd of good looking female style androids depicted in decades of science fiction.

More
15 Jun 2015 04:45 #42796 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Superstrong and fast android on SyFy. Good looking woman.

Markiehoe wrote: I watched this just now.
Not great but really not bad.
I'll tune in again next week.

The bar code on the robot's neck is just silly.
The technology in the show is way past the 1970s.
I guess the character's designer wanted something to make her stand out from a crowd of good looking female style androids depicted in decades of science fiction.

Not seen the show, so this is just my off hand comment. I took the barcode as a very visible symbol that she was an android to the society she lives in. If/when we can make beings that could be hard to distinguish from a human, you can sure bet that there will some obvious identifying mark that says "Android", some stamp that can't be removed and would be some place not normally hidden by clothing. So they could have an RFID tag (and probably do, along with a bunch more things), but this isn't for machines to read, it's for humans to see.

So yeah, part of the character design for the show -- but some element like it would likely be there.

Not sure how the show takes it ... but since it's a barcode that seems to underscore "property" and not something that is recognized as a sentient being, entitled to it's own rights.

That's why it was there in Dark Angel too (ditto for Orphan Black, though it is not visible to the eye, but with a genetic test). So, it's not like it's not a trope...but I sure hope they meant it that way. As if the android is fully treated as an independent sentient being, having a barcode put on by the factory is a bit .... gauche and dehumanizing. And there should be a reason for it.

More
16 Jun 2015 00:45 #42802 by clipfreak

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I took the barcode as a very visible symbol that she was an android to the society she lives in. If/when we can make beings that could be hard to distinguish from a human, you can sure bet that there will some obvious identifying mark that says "Android", some stamp that can't be removed and would be some place not normally hidden by clothing. So they could have an RFID tag (and probably do, along with a bunch more things), but this isn't for machines to read, it's for humans to see.

It's ether that or the designers thought it looked cool :)

Kidding aside this series seems interesting sci-fi and it never hurts to have a hot female android handy.

More
22 Jun 2015 01:39 #42866 by Markiehoe
Episode two was really talky.
I mean really talky.
Not much action going on.

More
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds