Amount

Jesse Quick Coming to Flash

25 Aug 2015 19:04 #43884 by lfan
Jesse Quick Coming to Flash was created by lfan
Woo-hoo!

www.comicbookresources.com/article/the-f...e-quick-for-season-2

For those not familiar, Jesse is the daughter of Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle. She has dad's speed and mom's superstrength

ElF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Aug 2015 19:32 #43885 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Jesse Quick Coming to Flash
Very Cool.

Jesse Quick when done well is a neat character, who doesn't want to be defined by love, her powers or her heroism or anything except herself. Shes usually in the background, and DC never gave her that much to do( in some ways shes a tricky character to write in character) but if fhasl can do it that would be cool. Hope they give her more to do then be the super of the weak.

More
25 Aug 2015 22:12 #43892 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Jesse Quick Coming to Flash
She seems like good casting so far (judging on all we have to go on, looks). I assume they'd not have hired her unless she could do the acting part well.

let's hope they use her a more than a one-shot -- and remember that she has super strength (though she won't be the Jessie Quick from the comics likely, who is the daughter of two heroes.).

I always like her father (and her) -- as they earned their speed. Her father developed a formula (mathematical) that gave him speed and he taught it to her. So likely he learned something that activated his latent meta gene -- but I like the fact that science/thinking/learning, rather than an accident gave him his powers. Mostly the people this is true for have mechanical based powers (Iron Man/Star Man/etc) . The FF/Hulk/Superman/Spider-Man/Green Lantern these are all "accidents" (others are born with them, which is another kind of "accident"), and none of them earned their powers in any way. They may prove "worthy" of them, but they aren't earned.

Someone who LEARNED her powers, she'd be someone who would be more independent. So it makes sense that she didn't drop her life just to be a hero full time because she had powers. I like that. (Though I think she had her super-strength before she had her speed, though my memory is telling me that perhaps this fact changes across time, and it's been true and not true at various re-tellings)

She was also (briefly) the Flash.

More
25 Aug 2015 22:30 #43893 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Jesse Quick Coming to Flash

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: She seems like good casting so far (judging on all we have to go on, looks). I assume they'd not have hired her unless she could do the acting part well.

let's hope they use her a more than a one-shot -- and remember that she has super strength (though she won't be the Jessie Quick from the comics likely, who is the daughter of two heroes.).

I always like her father (and her) -- as they earned their speed. Her father developed a formula (mathematical) that gave him speed and he taught it to her. So likely he learned something that activated his latent meta gene -- but I like the fact that science/thinking/learning, rather than an accident gave him his powers. Mostly the people this is true for have mechanical based powers (Iron Man/Star Man/etc) . The FF/Hulk/Superman/Spider-Man/Green Lantern these are all "accidents" (others are born with them, which is another kind of "accident"), and none of them earned their powers in any way. They may prove "worthy" of them, but they aren't earned.

Someone who LEARNED her powers, she'd be someone who would be more independent. So it makes sense that she didn't drop her life just to be a hero full time because she had powers. I like that. (Though I think she had her super-strength before she had her speed, though my memory is telling me that perhaps this fact changes across time, and it's been true and not true at various re-tellings)

I would comment, that not knowing anything, i suspect that this is the time of the show where they introduce "Hey there used to be heroes" plotline. Smallville went to that well. Jesse Quick by herself may be a way of playing with that. Flash Comics have done a lot iwth "Different generations of Flashes characters" which they maybe introducing here.

That said-if its just Jesse her self who creates not a mechanical, but a mathemical way of introducing Super Speed that would be really cool.

More
25 Aug 2015 22:52 #43894 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Jesse Quick Coming to Flash

castor wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: She seems like good casting so far (judging on all we have to go on, looks). I assume they'd not have hired her unless she could do the acting part well.

I would comment, that not knowing anything, i suspect that this is the time of the show where they introduce "Hey there used to be heroes" plotline. Smallville went to that well. Jesse Quick by herself may be a way of playing with that. Flash Comics have done a lot iwth "Different generations of Flashes characters" which they maybe introducing here.

That said-if its just Jesse her self who creates not a mechanical, but a mathemical way of introducing Super Speed that would be really cool.

Given that it seem that Flash season two would rely heaily on a "other times/other dimensions" kind of deal I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce Jesse as a distaff counterpart from a different universe.

More
25 Aug 2015 23:04 #43895 by unseen_unheard
Replied by unseen_unheard on topic Jesse Quick Coming to Flash

castor wrote: I would comment, that not knowing anything, i suspect that this is the time of the show where they introduce "Hey there used to be heroes" plotline. Smallville went to that well. Jesse Quick by herself may be a way of playing with that. Flash Comics have done a lot iwth "Different generations of Flashes characters" which they maybe introducing here.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have her coming from an alternate timeline, since from what I've read that will be a major theme this season.

More
01 Sep 2015 23:59 #44010 by clipfreak
Replied by clipfreak on topic Jesse Quick Coming to Flash
Did not know she has super strength, very pleasant surprise as super speed alone doesn't do much for me :)

What level of strength are we talking here?

I do hope they let her actually use it .

More
02 Sep 2015 02:33 #44012 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Jesse Quick Coming to Flash
Jesse gets her super strength from her mom, Liberty Belle.

More
07 Oct 2015 23:54 #44459 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic Jesse Quick Coming to Flash
Beane's IMDB page says she's going to appear in 18 episodes of season 2, with her 1st showing up in episode 4.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, SHTL

More
29 Aug 2016 13:43 #49882 by andyf
Canadagraphs.com claims, via their Twitter page that they saw actress Violett Beane in costume as Jesse Quick on the set of Flash. Sadly, they have no photos to prove it.

On her Instagram page, Bane herself posted a pic of herself wearing a workout outfit wile wearing a strange looking cap on her head. CGI scan for her Flash costume? Prototype Jesse Quick outfit or training gear?
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
29 Aug 2016 15:56 #49884 by lfan

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
30 Sep 2016 19:05 #50517 by andyf
She appears for the 1st time as Jesse Quick in episode 3x03. Just in time to help Barry fight Magenta.

More
01 Oct 2016 01:49 #50523 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Jesse Quick Coming to Flash
I know they announce these things way ahead of time but I for one like avoid these posts as not to spoil the episode.
I should have known better and not read this post.

More
03 Oct 2016 19:14 #50544 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Jesse Quick Coming to Flash

Markiehoe wrote: I know they announce these things way ahead of time but I for one like avoid these posts as not to spoil the episode.
I should have known better and not read this post.

While I agree with spoilers, in defense to AJF, I don't think in this case it's much of a spoiler since its in the official 3.3 show description released by CW:

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Oct 2016 21:24 #50547 by Markiehoe
I was speaking as a general topic.

Wasn't it great to see Ant Man become Giant Man in Civil War?
Just imagine that scene knowing ahead of time that that would happen.

You can just imagine how COOL it would have been if they would have kept the wraps on Spiderman's appearance.

More
05 Oct 2016 13:10 #50555 by Markiehoe
Flash first episode last no was so GOOD!

Those guys really embrace the "Comic Book" in their production.
My favorite show on TV right now.

More
05 Oct 2016 13:42 #50556 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Jesse Quick Coming to Flash

Markiehoe wrote: Flash first episode last no was so GOOD!.

Huh???

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
05 Oct 2016 16:26 #50557 by Markiehoe
The first episode of the third season of Flash premiered in the US last night.

I thought it was really good.

More
07 Oct 2016 20:39 #50576 by andyf
She's appearing in episode 3x04 as well. Getting trained by Barry and helping him fight 2 new foes.

More
12 Oct 2016 11:14 #50656 by lfan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, Wotan45, earllechec, TwiceOnThursdays, AuGoose

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
02 Nov 2016 22:08 #51016 by andyf
Violet Beane is guest staring on tonights episode of Chicago PD.

More
02 Nov 2016 22:27 #51017 by andyf
Correction. Afraid of competing with World Series Game 7(GO CUBS!!) NBC is running repeats of past episodes of all it scripted shows tonight.

More
03 Nov 2016 00:28 #51019 by lfan

andyf wrote: Correction. Afraid of competing with World Series Game 7(GO CUBS!!) NBC is running repeats of past episodes of all it scripted shows tonight.

Probably a wise move as they are anticipating the highest tv audience ever for a baseball game. Historic game indeed that even I'm watching. Go Cubbies!

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Nov 2016 01:20 #51020 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Jesse Quick Coming to Flash
I work and live downtown Chicago. As much as I would like to see the Cubs win, it will be more crazy than it is right now. :)

More
10 Nov 2016 14:31 #51151 by andyf
Her episode aired last night.

More
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds