Amount

Jessica Jones Teaser Drops

11 Sep 2015 03:25 #44116 by lfan
Jessica Jones Teaser Drops was created by lfan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 Sep 2015 05:53 #44118 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
Well i know Netflix doesn't like reveling anything about a show until its just going to drop so....

*shrugs*

More
11 Sep 2015 10:41 #44124 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
That's not even a tease.
It doesn't tell anybody anything.

More
11 Sep 2015 10:57 #44125 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops

Markiehoe wrote: That's not even a tease.
It doesn't tell anybody anything.

It tells when it's coming (11/20)....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 Sep 2015 22:43 #44188 by fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Sep 2015 04:01 - 18 Sep 2015 04:03 #44190 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
These pics really tell us nothing.
Kristen Ritter has exactly the same expression in all three pictures.

These guys are really flying under the radar with this show.

David Tennent looks cool.
Last edit: 18 Sep 2015 04:03 by Markiehoe. Reason: miscounted

More
18 Sep 2015 07:04 #44191 by unseen_unheard
Replied by unseen_unheard on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
Even though they haven't shown us much I'm excited and optimistic for this show. What is going to be weird for me is that even though I know Krysten Ritter has had some dramatic roles in the past I only know her as the titular B in the funny and underrated "Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23".

More
18 Sep 2015 21:52 #44201 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
After the awesome job they did with Daredevil, I'm really looking forward to this show.

More
26 Sep 2015 11:32 #44299 by JAG81
Replied by JAG81 on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
New quick teaser is out, just warning you not to wake Jessica Jones. When she wants to sleep.. she'll sleep

JAG
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, enchantederotica, barber

More
26 Sep 2015 15:15 #44301 by enchantederotica
Replied by enchantederotica on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
Jessica Jones series > Supergirl series. Nice head-to-head match-up, but my money is now on JJ. Before all you Supergirl fans attack, take this into consideration:

JJ will be using her powers in normal life (as proven above). Supergirl will likely be your standard “I can fly and punch hard and pick things up.” series. JJ will likely have come up with more creative ways to use her powers, and be a very strong character without the help of those around her. Supergirl will still be weak “in a man’s world”, and all the previews just look like Superman in a skirt. Same old same old. The only place where Supergirl will beat JJ is with her skimpy outfit, but like I’ve personally said before: I like my superheroes badass and my sexy super-babe overtly sexy. I’m not a fan of ‘down the middle’.

Supernautral women with superpowered sex-drives: www.enchantederotica.com

• enchantederotica
More
26 Sep 2015 19:58 #44302 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
There is a therey of female protaginsits in the last 10 years-that a new archetype has devoloped. Seen it in various places "The Hot mess"

The woman who is Hyper attractive, butflawed, angry, messy, has her shit out of wack, but ain't she fun when shes drunk. Shes the version of the flawed heroine.

This isn't necessairly a bad Archetype-i played with it a bit in Tales of Mazing Girl

but This feels like that taken up a notch or two..maybe a little far. The multiple bottles on the floor, the waking up at 3 PM. i can see why they do this...but yeah.

More
27 Sep 2015 11:18 #44305 by Fred9101
Replied by Fred9101 on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
Wow she's strong !

More
27 Sep 2015 23:12 #44309 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
Hey, that was GREAT! I wasn´t even sure if she would have superstrenght in the TV series and the first thing we see is Jessica Crushing a Radio like that?! Woa!

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
27 Sep 2015 23:30 #44311 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
A wonderful first scene... that crushed clock,in two seconds, let the viewer know that JJ wasn't your average girl. It screamed Comic Book heroine. But the scattered clothing and the messy bedroom and empty booze bottles say she's a screwed up alcoholic, ala Hancock.

A lot of info for a few seconds of screen time. Nicely done!

Shader

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
28 Sep 2015 04:07 #44318 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
I agree. This is going to be another must watch show. Different tone than Supergirl. I pray for several seasons of each.

• Sarge395
More
29 Sep 2015 20:14 #44347 by pocketfull
Replied by pocketfull on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
I had a look around for any more news, and there's some photos of a day of filming knocking around.

Photos I found on Google Images:
imgur.com/a/z4S5e

She certainly looks like she can look after her herself, and is certainly not to be trifled with.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this series, and I agree with you enchantederotica, moreso than Supergirl, and largely down to JJ's attitude.

My DeviantArt: j1a2c3k4.deviantart.com/
A simulator which works out what happens when a boxer fights a super girl: shefightshimwhowins.github.io/

More
30 Sep 2015 00:18 #44352 by shadar
Looks like they are going to play her as a badass PI. Tough and not against tossing some bad guys around.

I tried to sort through the Wiki on her, and she's been through a lot, including a bunch of mind control stuff that probably left her scarred. She gets in fights a lot.

The upper limits of her strength have never been explored in the books, but she's been shown lifting a 2-ton police car over her head with no apparent effort.

She once told a perp who had a gun jammed against her leather jacket that if he fired, he'd only hurt the jacket. It's not known if that was a gutsy bluff on her part or if she really is bulletproof.

She can fly, or at least she did as a superhero. That power faded somewhat (but never ended) when she stopped doing super stuff, but has improved greatly now that she's involved in one of the Avenger groups.

Carol Danvers is a close friend. Are they the only two Marvel superheroines who are super strong and can fly?

Anyway, the images worked to sell the vibe I'm getting from doing a little research on her.

Shadar

• shadar
More
30 Sep 2015 02:15 #44354 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
I'm glad she's super-strong. I was nervous they would neuter the character's powers to make things more noir-ey.

I still super-nervous about how they're going to handle the whole Purple Man backstory. It has the potential to be really, really, really icky.

Overall, very excited that this is coming and I hope it's at least as big as Daredevil.

- GeekSeven

More
30 Sep 2015 05:07 #44356 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops

shadar wrote:

Carol Danvers is a close friend. Are they the only two Marvel superheroines who are super strong and can fly?

Shadar

Let me try! ;-)

Rogue (she's back to being strong and flying natively -- though initially she did it with Ms. Marvel's original powers, Captain Marvel has _different_ powers now than when she started, and Rogue is using Wonder Man's Powers).
Moonstone/Meteor was a hero for awhile in Thunderbolts (and sort of one in Dark Avengers as Ms. Marvel too).
Sabra was strong enough to fight the hulk, and she can fly
M -- from X-factor
Spider-Woman is superstrong and glides (not quite flying)
Thor flies using Mjolnir, not sure if that counts or not. ;-)
Sersi can fly and is super strong -- though she rarely uses her Eternal Strength. Why bother when you can re-arrange molecules. (If I think there are probably a few more Eternals that fit the bill, as they all fly and are strong)
Phoenix uses her TK so effortlessly it might as well be Superstrength
Namorita (And her mother, Namora? Agents of Atlas? That it?)
Thor Girl
Ultra Girl is strong and can fly. (I think she changed her name to Ms.Marvel when she was training during Civil War, before Karla Soften took the identity) (And no not the Luna brothers Ultra, but that comic is really fun! Not sure what she's currently doing) (I like the Ultra Girl comic too.)
Uh, damn, that chick wo was Captain Britain's girlfriend is strong and can fly too. Uh, Megan? In Excalibur. For that mater there are some other universe Captain Britain that are female and visit now and again.
When she was an avatar of Galactus Frankie Rae could fly as Nova, and she has Cosmic level strength. (As Did Dazzler during her very brief stint. Yes, NOT a what if story, actually happened! ;-) )
I had to google her name, Quasar (Phyla-Vell), from Guardians of the Galaxy (didn't make the movie).
And speaking of Guardians (the originals), Starhawk has a female form, she can fly and is super-strong
And the new hero .. Guardian (she's on loan from the Shiar, though I think it's a costume. And Guardian from Alpha Flight (also a costume)
Ms. America (both of them, the original with red costume, and the one in Young Avengers)
I think Spitfire can (at times) fly and (at times) is superstrong (from Invaders). (I think this is inconsistent)

-- technically -- Wasp is super strong when she shrinks. Not "lift tons" but bend a metal bar strong. (ah, my old Marvel Team Ups!)

Not trying for bad girls -- though Moonstone counts on both sides I think.

I didn't cheat other than to look up Quasar's name. I think there should be more Avengers, but I'm blanking.... And yeah, some of those are not ones that people remember....

I feel like I should be able to rattle off more ....I'll be embarrassed by the ones I forgot.

More
30 Sep 2015 12:48 #44363 by lfan
Nice recall, ToT.....only ones I could think of you don't have (you had a bunch I didn't think of) maybe is Captain UK, the female doppelgänger of Captain Britain and Maddie Waters, the uber powerful SpiderGirl who had her own series back in the late 90s I think.......

ElF

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

shadar wrote:

Shadar

Let me try! ;-)

Rogue (she's back to being strong and flying natively -- though initially she did it with Ms. Marvel's original powers, Captain Marvel has _different_ powers now than when she started, and Rogue is using Wonder Man's Powers).
Moonstone/Meteor was a hero for awhile in Thunderbolts (and sort of one in Dark Avengers as Ms. Marvel too).
M -- from X-factor
Sersi can fly and is super strong -- though she rarely uses her Eternal Strength. Why bother when you can re-arrange molecules. (If I think there are probably a few more Eternals that fit the bill, as they all fly and are strong)
Thor Girl
Ultra Girl is strong and can fly. (I think she changed her name to Ms.Marvel when she was training during Civil War, before Karla Soften took the identity) (And no not the Luna brothers Ultra, but that comic is really fun! Not sure what she's currently doing) (I like the Ultra Girl comic too.)
Uh, damn, that chick wo was Captain Britain's girlfriend is strong and can fly too. Uh, Megan? In Excalibur. For that mater there are some other universe Captain Britain that are female and visit now and again.
When she was an avatar of Galactus Frankie Rae could fly as Nova, and she has Cosmic level strength. (As Did Dazzler during her very brief stint. Yes, NOT a what if story, actually happened! ;-) )
I had to google her name, Quasar (Phyla-Vell), from Guardians of the Galaxy (didn't make the movie).
And speaking of Guardians (the originals), Starhawk has a female form, she can fly and is super-strong
And the new hero .. Guardian (she's on loan from the Shiar, though I think it's a costume. And Guardian from Alpha Flight (also a costume)
Ms. America (both of them, the original with red costume, and the one in Young Avengers)
I think Spitfire can (at times) fly and (at times) is superstrong (from Invaders). (I think this is inconsistent)

-- technically -- Wasp is super strong when she shrinks. Not "lift tons" but bend a metal bar strong. (ah, my old Marvel Team Ups!)

I didn't cheat other than to look up Quasar's name. I think there should be more Avengers, but I'm blanking.... And yeah, some of those are not ones that people remember....

I feel like I should be able to rattle off more ....I'll be embarrassed by the ones I forgot.

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
30 Sep 2015 15:15 #44364 by DarinSatre
Replied by DarinSatre on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops
Definitely excited fort his. She reminds me a lot of a character from my first novel, which is always a good thing in my opinion.

More
30 Sep 2015 18:41 #44366 by shadar
I have absolutely been humbled. I had no idea there were so many. Just proves that while enthusiastic, I'm a lightweight when it comes to comic book history. I'd rather write than read I guess.

Shader

lfan wrote: Nice recall, ToT.....only ones I could think of you don't have (you had a bunch I didn't think of) maybe is Captain UK, the female doppelgänger of Captain Britain and Maddie Waters, the uber powerful SpiderGirl who had her own series back in the late 90s I think.......

ElF

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

shadar wrote:

Shadar

Let me try! ;-)

M -- from X-factor
Thor Girl

• shadar
More
30 Sep 2015 21:08 #44369 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Jessica Jones Teaser Drops

shadar wrote: I have absolutely been humbled. I had no idea there were so many. Just proves that while enthusiastic, I'm a lightweight when it comes to comic book history. I'd rather write than read I guess.

Shader

I wasn't trying for humbling, I was just having fun!

Part of that is that I've going through my old comics -- for the first time in a long time (I got depressed when I lost a bunch of boxes in a basement flood YEARS back). So I'm out a lot of things that still make me cry (like the Clairemont/byrne X-men run, *sob*). I never wanted to face the cost of replacing those... Now, after I get a few older Supergirl issues out of the way, I am probably going to buy 1-2 of them every convention I go to, and I go to 4-5/year. The rest of the money I'd spend will find other issues ...

But thinking of those old issues put all this in my memory, and letting my obsessed youth out for a bit was pretty fun.

Really I'm thinking of compiling my "Favorite Ubergirl moments in comics" (or at least runs).

You know things like Avengers Annual #10, What If #10, various Super-lois stories, etc. sometimes it's just a panel, but you take what you can get. I had well read copies but I just picked up nice copies of Incredible Hulk 228-229. 228 is a nice cover. ;-)

That might be a good fun thread, compiling a list of the Marvel, DC, and other comics that fit into our shared liking. ;-) I know LaraFan is a huge fan of Fatale (from broadway, not the recent Brubaker/Phillips title, which I love too, for different non-ubergirl reasons). Damn I need to find the broadway ones!

I could probably use it as a shopping list. ;-)

More
01 Oct 2015 03:44 #44377 by lfan
Another one.....

Gotta say I'm getting more and more excited about this one, especially given Netflix's track record with Daredevil! :)

ElFD
The following user(s) said Thank You: superfunk, shadar, Wotan45, pocketfull, Markiehoe

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
01 Oct 2015 19:44 - 01 Oct 2015 19:52 #44382 by shadar
Some other thoughts on a Jessica Jones series:

newmediarockstars.com/2015/09/jessica-jo...x-rated-for-netflix/

And here's another very geeky analysis of what's coming:

newmediarockstars.com/2015/09/jessica-jo...on-to-the-character/
Last edit: 01 Oct 2015 19:52 by shadar. Reason: add second link
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds