Amount

UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th

23 Oct 2015 15:47 #44685 by lfan
UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th was created by lfan
Gonna try to make this a weekly feature to kinda give a preview synopsis of notable ubergirl fodder on TV, at least here in the States. First up is the monumental week of Oct 25th which features the debut of Supergirl! Here are some notable 'uber-appearances'.

Monday, Oct 26th 8:30pm @CBS -- Supergirl
Monday Oct 26th 11:30pm @CBS -- Late Night w/ Stephen Cobert (Melissa Benoist is a guest star)
Tuesday, Oct 27th 1:00pm @RURAL - Fantasy Island -- the infamous "Extraordinary Miss Jones" episode featuring lots of uberaction
Wednesday Oct 28th 10:00pm @FETV - Bionic Woman

Note: Times and channels may be different depending on your timezone and cable/satellite provider.

Please feel free to add anyshows of interest. In an effort to keep the list "on topic", I refrained from adding other superhero shows like Flash, Arrow, and AoS unless they had specific ubergirl action in them. I will start a new thread each week (hopefully).

ElF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
23 Oct 2015 16:19 #44688 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th
Me TV plays Wonder Woman weekly Saturday nights at 8pm on the East Coast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, bionicskillz

More
23 Oct 2015 19:15 #44691 by talk2sparky
Replied by talk2sparky on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th
Good list. Thanks! Not quite uber, a female Dr. Light appears on Flash this week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
25 Oct 2015 03:03 #44705 by MonkeyBoy
Replied by MonkeyBoy on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th
Thanks for the rundown lfan!

What is the Rural channel? I have been really wanting to see that Fantasy Island espisode!

More
25 Oct 2015 03:53 #44707 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th

MonkeyBoy wrote: Thanks for the rundown lfan!

What is the Rural channel? I have been really wanting to see that Fantasy Island espisode!

It's also known as FAmilyNet in some places, but it's network callsign is RURAL for my provider. Here is the network schedule:

www.familynet.com/category/287276/schedule

I have DishTV and it's Channel 232 for me, FWIW.....

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
25 Oct 2015 14:03 #44708 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th
Has anyone heard any rumors that there will be different footage/cuts in the Monday release of Supergirl than the leaked/previewed pilot?

More
25 Oct 2015 15:46 #44710 by castor
Replied by castor on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th

MonkeyBoy wrote: Thanks for the rundown lfan!

What is the

Rural channel? I have been really wanting to see that Fantasy Island espisode!

All of fantasy island is on DVD if you want it.

More
25 Oct 2015 18:36 #44716 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th

Random321 wrote: Has anyone heard any rumors that there will be different footage/cuts in the Monday release of Supergirl than the leaked/previewed pilot?

Has to be different. The leaked Pilot was 46 minutes if I recall correctly.

Broadcast standards on US broadcast TV is 40 minutes of content, and the rest commercials. Plus another 2 or 3 minutes for titles, credits and so forth that were not in the .leaked pilot. So that would be 49 minutes total.

However, IMDB reports the pilot is 43 minutes long.

So, with the credits, I think it will be 6 minutes shorter than the leaked pilot. Unless they run the credits on top of an existing scene (like her walking to work with Cat's coffee). And then only 3 minutes shorter.

The real question is whether they added anything.

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
25 Oct 2015 18:51 #44717 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th

shadar wrote:

Random321 wrote: Has anyone heard any rumors that there will be different footage/cuts in the Monday release of Supergirl than the leaked/previewed pilot?

Has to be different. The leaked Pilot was 46 minutes if I recall correctly.

Broadcast standards on US broadcast TV is 40 minutes of content, and the rest commercials. Plus another 2 or 3 minutes for titles, credits and so forth that were not in the .leaked pilot. So that would be 49 minutes total.

However, IMDB reports the pilot is 43 minutes long.

So, with the credits, I think it will be 6 minutes shorter than the leaked pilot. Unless they run the credits on top of an existing scene (like her walking to work with Cat's coffee). And then only 3 minutes shorter.

The real question is whether they added anything.

It wouldn't be the first time that a pilot breaks the established air time by a few minutes, although this has become rarer over the years. Still the word on the net is that there will be some differences, but no clues on which.

More
25 Oct 2015 18:57 #44718 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th
Many shows run over these days.
Especially the first episodes in a season.
I find myself adding extra minutes to the DVR to catch these bleed over scenes.
I missed Jay Garricks first appearance on the Flash because that episode ran over one minute.

More
26 Oct 2015 03:32 #44723 by Dru1076
Replied by Dru1076 on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th
Bugger...just realised that if I do pay and get the show all legal like, I will have to wait a whole month and a bit longer than the rest of the world before I can see it. :( such decisions baffle me. You guys are all gonna be talking about the fourth of fifth episode before I watch the first one. Gonna have to watch out for spoilers...

And people wonder why Aussies pirate so much stuff. Not this time though...i really want to give the makers of shows like this some cash so there are more of them in the future...but by god they make it really hard to do sometimes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
26 Oct 2015 03:35 #44724 by lfan
FYI.....we're gonna setup discussion threads for each individual episode. So hopefully most of the spoilers will be relegated to those discussions....

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Oct 2015 04:19 #44726 by MonkeyBoy
Replied by MonkeyBoy on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th
thanks for infos... dang not get that channel.

And castor are you sure this is on DVD? in us I only know seasons 1 and 2, and this is like season 6.

well anyone who can help out a SWM bro with a way to see it that would rule. I have been looking for years for that Fantasy Island episode.

More
26 Oct 2015 13:53 #44737 by talk2sparky
Replied by talk2sparky on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th
"Let me clarify my position. My name is Jeb Bush, I am running for the Republican nomination for president, and I want to have sex with Supergirl."

More
26 Oct 2015 14:28 #44738 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th
Larry Niven would advise him against it. The obverse of his "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex." :)

--Brantley

More
26 Oct 2015 14:31 #44739 by brantley
On a somewhat more serious note, we should try to link SWM to sites that have sprung up or surely will spring up for fans of the movie...

--Brantley

More
26 Oct 2015 14:39 #44740 by lfan

brantley wrote: On a somewhat more serious note, we should try to link SWM to sites that have sprung up or surely will spring up for fans of the movie...

--Brantley

I fully support any efforts on social media to drive traffic and new users back to here!

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Oct 2015 16:12 - 26 Oct 2015 16:13 #44743 by five_red
Replied by five_red on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th

brantley wrote: On a somewhat more serious note, we should try to link SWM to sites that have sprung up or surely will spring up for fans of the movie...

--Brantley

You mean spread the word, to attract the new fans that are sure to turn up now that a superwoman has a prime time tv show?

It can be a little bit awkward to just casually name drop SWM in a forum, or the comments section of a video, or a Facebook wall, etc. However, there are two potential excuses you can use...

The first is to mention Sarge's excellent costume: "Hey, btw, there's this guy who produces a really cool copy of the Melissa Benoist Supergirl costume at a good price for cosplay and Halloween. He hangs out at the SWM forum, [HERE]". (If you want, you can use my pic: 5red.deviantart.com/art/Sarge-s-super-suit-564072559 , as it's publicly available.)

The second is to use the timeline I developed, and which Fats was kind enough to host, and has prominent links back to this forum: "Btw, if you want a guide to Supergirl's early comic stories then there's an nice interactive timeline [HERE]."

I, for one, have been spreading the word in the past couple of weeks about the timeline, but also this site in general, on CBR -- Comicbook Resources, etc. :)

R5
Last edit: 26 Oct 2015 16:13 by five_red.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
26 Oct 2015 16:19 #44744 by lfan

five_red wrote:

--Brantley

You mean spread the word, to attract the new fans that are sure to turn up now that a superwoman has a prime time tv show?

It can be a little bit awkward to just casually name drop SWM in a forum, or the comments section of a video, or a Facebook wall, etc. However, there are two potential excuses you can use...

The first is to mention Sarge's excellent costume: "Hey, btw, there's this guy who produces a really cool copy of the Melissa Benoist Supergirl costume at a good price for cosplay and Halloween. He hangs out at the SWM forum, [HERE]". (If you want, you can use my pic: 5red.deviantart.com/art/Sarge-s-super-suit-564072559 , as it's publicly available.)

The second is to use the timeline I developed, and which Fats was kind enough to host, and has prominent links back to this forum: "Btw, if you want a guide to Supergirl's early comic stories then there's an nice interactive timeline [HERE]."

I, for one, have been spreading the word in the past couple of weeks about the timeline, but also this site in general, on CBR -- Comicbook Resources, etc. :)

R5

Thanks R5, I posted something to the SWM FB group about the timeline as well!

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Oct 2015 16:43 #44747 by brantley
But for strictly the TV fans, we should start off talking intelligently about the show (NOT like Jeb Buah!), so that they'll know we're really into it, and THEN get into the BTW...

--Brantley

More
26 Oct 2015 16:53 #44748 by lfan
Trying to move all the promotion discussion into a new thread but let's keep this thread OT to the shows on this week, por favor!

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
26 Oct 2015 21:47 #44758 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic UbergirlTV - Week of Oct 25th
Another outstanding review of Supergirl from the Daily Beast... thank you Jeb Bush. (Who, by the way, became a lot more human to me after he gushed about Melissa in an interview.)

Anyway, this review (preview) is worth a read:

www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/2...erhero-delivers.html

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds