Amount

Captain Marvel Carol Danvers Was Once Part of Jessica Jones TV

21 Nov 2015 11:35 #45276 by fats
Hi all,

It seems that Captain Marvel was meant to be in Jessica Jones, crazy idea in my mind

More about it here

uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/133597748911/ca...ers-was-once-part-of

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• fats
  • fats's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
21 Nov 2015 13:09 #45280 by jimbob
That was probably in the original plan back in....11. Back when they weren't sure if the MCU would really take off like it did. Now they need Carol in a film instead.

Things change. Mockingbird was supposed to get her own show. Now she's on AoS (which wasn't even on the table back then) Hulk was supposed to get a tv show until they realized that would be prohibtively expensive.

More
23 Nov 2015 01:23 #45315 by gomaller
To be honest; i would have preferred if they used Carol Danvers instead of Trish Walker since Carol is Jessica's true best friend in the comics/Marvel Universe and There Chemistry & dynamics would have been far more interesting than Jessica and Trish on the show.

More
23 Nov 2015 05:14 #45316 by castor
I think in an ideal world of the MCU where carol at this point has a couple of movies under her belt and they can get her to do extended cameos that would have been a good idea....but yeah to use her as a random best friend character-not so good.

It is is to degree suprising that Carol Danvers hasn't shown up already. I listened to a podcast awhile back that said one of the defining features of the MCU was "Hey that background character is carol danvers is walking for those who know" the fact that going on about 10 years they haven't shown her is kinda off odd.

More
23 Nov 2015 06:40 #45317 by jimbob
Carol was supposed to have shown up several times by now, but they keep putting if off because they want to cast her just right and they don't think they'll know based off her cameos if the actress will click or not.

She was supposed to be in AoU and then be in Civil War, but they held off on that.

At this point it looks like she'll be in Infinity War before her own movie, but we'll see if they don't make her more a priority depending on how Jessica Jones does.

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds