Amount

Poison Ivy recast on Gotham

22 Jun 2016 17:16 #48736 by andyf
Poison Ivy recast on Gotham was created by andyf
Clare Foley, who plays Ivy Pepper, aka Poison Ivy on Fox's Gotham is being replaced by model/actress Maggie Geha.
Ivy is going to be transformed into a1 19 year old woman by one of the Indian Hill escapees and become an ecoterrroist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyf
  • andyf's Avatar Topic Author
More
22 Jun 2016 19:18 #48745 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Poison Ivy recast on Gotham
I hope that isn't literally true. That is she starts out the young girl she currently is, and is transformed into the new sexy 19 yo Ivy.

Just start the new season with the new Ivy (now her current age), and don't explain how she's different from before (she just is). THEN have her changed into the eco-terrorist Poison Ivy. Or indicate that she was always 18-19, she just didn't LOOK it (starts younger, ages a few years during the first two seasons).

Otherwise, just because someone LOOKS 19, they still aren't 19. And I'll bet that if the do that, it's not long before the Gotham writers forget that she's not 19 and start doing things that are pretty icky to do to a 13 yo.

You can deal with this correctly, but it's hard, and probably not the story they want to tell. Also, it's nice to see Gotham continue it's tradition of totally screwing up the Batman timeline.

In other words, I think an age transformation is just problematic for what they're trying to do. (That is unless the aging is "she's sent into the past/alternate dimension and properly ages and returns.) So just skip it, she's _actually_ 19 (and is pre-transformation), and move forward.

I mean there is a reason that stories here have "all characters should be 18 or over."

OTH, I really did like a JSA running story where Star girl learns that Captain Marvel is Billy Batson, her age. She and billy start getting close. And that means Captain Marvel feels really close to her. It's all good/innocent, but it doesn't LOOK that way, so someone has to stop Billy and go "you know you can't do this?", which the wisdom of Solomon tells him this is true.

More
22 Jun 2016 20:15 #48753 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Poison Ivy recast on Gotham
Or maybe we're about to hit another time skip? Bruce needs some time to get the training he'll need to properly become Batman. Lucius Fox can handle the gadgets offscreen, but the kind of training Bruce needs to become Batman can't just be handled with a simple montage. IMHO, the best way to handle that is a time skip.

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds