Amount

Strong woman do boog soon

04 Feb 2017 15:59 #52381 by KAP
Strong woman do boog soon was created by KAP

looks really good
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Raa, mechjok, slim36, barber

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2017 14:34 #53548 by JAG81
Replied by JAG81 on topic Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
Hey all,
I'm pretty sure that this series was mentioned earlier with trailers but for those of us not living in Korea I wanted to let you all know that I found the series, fully available on viki.com for streaming. (legal and free, even the cast has shoutout videos to viki fans!) All episodes have at least English subtitles but some have other languages too. Started watching (on episode 7 right now) and there have been some strength in every episode. Some have more than others but there is a great one hand tractor lift in the first 10 minutes of the first episode just to get started. It is a good show and I highly recommend checking it out!

Strong Woman Do Bong Soon - viki episode selection page

Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, smoki07, SCOTT R, Slim0926, pvpjtgb88, Monty, RD

More
06 Apr 2017 15:25 - 06 Apr 2017 15:36 #53549 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
Great premise on the use and mis - use of the power. Liked the weightlifting scenes at the start!
Last edit: 06 Apr 2017 15:36 by Monty.

More
19 May 2017 15:49 #54178 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
I hoped the mother gonna her power back in the end but not! Still great show!

More
19 May 2017 16:20 - 19 May 2017 18:14 #54180 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

smoki07 wrote: I hoped the mother gonna her power back in the end but not! Still great show!

Can you please sum it up for those of us who din't watch the show (using the spoiler tag of course)?
Last edit: 19 May 2017 18:14 by Woodclaw.

More
19 May 2017 18:03 #54183 by smoki07
Replied by smoki07 on topic Strong Woman Do Bong Soon
Sorry for that, I wanted to correct it but since you put the spoiler in quote in your post I can't do anything about it.

More
19 May 2017 18:08 #54184 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Strong Woman Do Bong Soon

smoki07 wrote: Sorry for that, I wanted to correct it but since you put the spoiler in quote in your post I can't do anything about it.

How does the spoiler tag work by the way? I can't see any options on the mobile.

More
10 Jun 2017 20:06 #54654 by FrankWi
Replied by FrankWi on topic Strong woman do boog soon
Can anybody summarize the good strength feats, especially the weightlifting? It would be great to know which minutes (roughly) in which episodes to check out. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: CANNNNIS

More
22 Jun 2017 15:36 #54950 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Strong woman do boog soon
I just watched through these using Jag81's viki.com suggestion (there is a roku app). It IS annoying to watch this way as they cut randomly to commericals, often in the middle of a scene. So another choice might be DramaFever. Looks like there is a premiumum option to remove ads. Viki's captioning seemed really well done. with some explanations of things to help someone who wasn't Korean get what was going on.

I also should have paid attention to the strength feats/episode and marked them down. Sorry!

None of them are "OMG" but some of them ARE really cute. It does hit the "tiny super strong woman" right on the head. She gives attitute to big guys and then destroys them easily. You can watch the first episode and get some ideas about that.

This is a romantic sit com ... it has over the top characters/reactions, things are played for the extra silly sometimes, and several minutes each episode are spent with music playing as either one character stares at longinly at another, or they stare at each other. Do Bong Soon is wonderfully adorkable (and sometimes outright gorgeous). Most of the people in this show are unreasonably attractive.

It spends a lot of screen time on the humorous thugs she's beaten up. One teenage group starts to idolize her and goes around for the rest of the show picking up trash (other characters comment on "how clean things are"). The rest spend a lot of time in the hospital. Do Bong Soon is a gentle soul and she doesn't like hurting people, so I think part of this is to show the effect of her strength and the cost. It's mostly comedic with the strong guys totally beaten up, getting medical attention for episodes at a time. (With a re-occurring joke about "poop alchohol" as something to help heal injuries faster).

I'm pretty sure there are episodes w/o any strength in them at all. At start she does try to hide it. The last two episodes have more of it, the last one is a tie up episode and we see how things work out for all the characters (naturally it's a GIANT spoiler for the entire show). But part of it is Da Bong Soon spending time going out and using her strength so it's probably the densest episode in that regard.

FrankWi asked about weight lifting/strength feats in particular, let me see if I can remember these (this won't be complete, but will give you some idea of things that you see):

- (last episode) she lifts a huge (taller than she is) wrecking ball (you mostly see her legs though).
- (last episode) she lifts a car off someone (but tricks people to "help" her so they dont' know it's all her.)
- she lifts/flips some cars in the show (though half of these are "off screen", and we just see the car afterwards). It's not lifting per se, but in the last episode she casually pivots a van by pushing it out of the way (not by rolling it, it's perpendicular toa firetruck, so she pushes it in an arc against tires to get it out of the way).
- She lifts two drunk people a few times (obvioulsy dummies, but it's still cut pretty well).
- lots of her bending things (a metal chopstick is bent casually around someone's wrist, bends a metal pipe).
- she lifts 10 reams of paper like they don't weigh anything
- LOT of scenes of her punching, tossing thugs. (And showing how beat up they are afterwards). Half the time it's just "gentle" pushes or slaps. She's not using much of her strength to totally destroy them. (there is more than one fight where she takes out 6+ guys. Not awesome fight choeography, but it's not what we're there fore. And I'd say most of them deliver on showing her power and attitude well. Esp the total lack of fear/mocking of the guys.)
- she does minor things, like rip the fabric off the top of a tennis show (mostly to convince a group to stop so she'd doesn't have to beat them up/hurt them).
- The first episode has a short armwrestling clip of her casually beating her boss. (I think you can see this on the trailers). Might be ep 2.
- there is a training episode, and it shows her punching through a punching bag (despite 'holding back'). (She also flicks a Go piece into the wall,after again, holding back on her power).
- we learn why she doesn't drink when she goes out with her boss and brother & friend. (She rips a pole on the dance floor out of the ground and it devolves from there).

There are a LOT of her spinning things (pushing a car to spin around quickly, spinning a merry go round quickly). She tosses a lot of guys. There is an AWESOME fight scene where she gets a bit mad, so ends out flicking some teeth out of a guy's mouth. (She was in a bad mood and they'd pissed her off.)

She stops an elevator from crushing someone and then tosses it. (This might be the best strength feat in the show, it's close to the end, maybe the 3rd to last episode).

SO, I'd suggest watchign EP1, to get a feel for teh show. I think an episode guide can probably find the training epsisode and you could flick through to find it. (It's not SUPER AWESOME, but it was fun.) And then you could figure out if it's worth spending time finding the others.

All in all the show is very light and fun, and I did really enjoy it. But I'm sappy, and like romantic stuff (but man it was a bit thick at times so much so I started to laugh everytime they did it, which I think was part of the point).

(I too wanted the mom to get back her strength, after she learned her lesson and realized how much she and her husband loved one another. But, never happens... mabye if there is a S2)
The following user(s) said Thank You: steelknight3000, McVee, Gargamel, RD

More
09 Aug 2017 15:01 #55753 by WLG
Replied by WLG on topic Strong woman do boog soon

She's so adorable.

• WLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 Aug 2017 07:11 #55768 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic Strong woman do boog soon
The paperwork!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gotham_knight, Gargamel

More
16 Oct 2017 01:02 #56584 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic Strong woman do boog soon
This series is now available on Netflix (Korean audio with English subtitles).

It’s a lot of fun, if a bit corny at times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slim0926, kikass2014, RD

More
16 Oct 2017 11:07 #56594 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Strong woman do boog soon
Agree, saw this when it first came out and it was a blast :)

Peace.

/K

More
16 Oct 2017 15:08 - 16 Oct 2017 15:09 #56599 by Gargamel
Replied by Gargamel on topic Strong woman do boog soon
I just watched ep1:
- it has quite a few nice strength feats (lifting a bus, armwrestling, chickenfight, fighthing tugs, weighlift, carrying many paperbags and some more) and they are done rather well
- i chuckled couple times, the show is funny and the plot allright albeit not too savvy
- i recommend watching it (can only speak for ep1 but it got me hooked)
Last edit: 16 Oct 2017 15:09 by Gargamel.

More
26 Oct 2017 11:47 #56750 by WLG
I can't get enough of the arm-wrestling scene.

• WLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Oct 2017 09:53 #56784 by Gargamel
Replied by Gargamel on topic Strong woman do boog soon
I'm almost done watching Season1 and will post a compilation vid with some of the nicest superstrength-scenes after.
just for emphasis: for somebody into this stuff it's the best series out there by far. I think it gets way to less love from this forum yet but I intend to change that hehe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, artwatkins, CANNNNIS, WLG, naimer, Monty, AuGoose

More
02 Dec 2017 09:18 #57451 by WLG
Loved it from start to finish, especially when she carried the two drunk guys home.

• WLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
02 Dec 2017 22:32 #57454 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Strong woman do boog soon

WLG wrote: Loved it from start to finish, especially when she carried the two drunk guys home.

I bet. that sounds positively inspiring for scenes involving a couple of my girls.

More
09 Dec 2017 08:13 #57586 by WLG

• WLG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds