× Polite reminder: some great stuff being posted here; use the THANK YOU button to reward others for their efforts, and encourage further contributions. It's free, but worth a lot..!

The Orville: new on Fox

15 May 2017 23:23 #54109 by oliu99
oliu99 created the topic: The Orville: new on Fox
@ 2:12

The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, Raa, slim36, fats, SCOTT R, aguilauno, Markiehoe, Agent00Soul, Slim0926, TwiceOnThursdays, eric328, LustMonster, rebel4life

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oliu99
  • oliu99's Avatar Topic Author
  • SWM - Junior
  • SWM - Junior
More
16 May 2017 01:27 #54110 by Markiehoe
Markiehoe replied the topic: The Orville: new on Fox
Smokin' Rockets!
I was just about to post this.
Ya beat me to it.

More
16 May 2017 02:05 #54111 by TwiceOnThursdays
TwiceOnThursdays replied the topic: The Orville: new on Fox
I guess I'm in.

More
16 May 2017 02:09 #54112 by Raa
Raa replied the topic: The Orville: new on Fox
Hope she does not get type cast. Agents of Shield and this she the Ex wife.

Hmmm Can I get an Ex wife like her!!!

More
16 May 2017 03:44 #54114 by shadar
shadar replied the topic: The Orville: new on Fox
Sure good that he loosened that door for her. Unfortunately, it was the wall she took out. With the armored door still in it. She'll be fun.

Shadar

More
16 May 2017 04:10 #54116 by shadar
shadar replied the topic: The Orville: new on Fox
I always love Adrianne Palicki. It'll be interesting to see how she does comedy. She looks like a natural for irony or playing the straight.

I remember the first time I saw her act... she was the first Kara on Smallville, way back in 2004. Episode called Covenant focused on her and Clark. It started with her walking out of the woods, nude, and stepping in front of an approaching car. Just before it hits her, she slams her fists down on the front of a car, crushing it so badly that the back end flew up and the car's inertia sent it flying over her head to land down the road in flames. (It was one of the better special effect stunts on Smallville.)

And then she walked to the Kents and introduced herself to Clark, still in the nude.

Here's a clip of that scene from Youtube -- not a great video, but watchable.

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, TwiceOnThursdays, rebel4life

More
16 May 2017 04:42 #54117 by CDR
CDR replied the topic: The Orville: new on Fox
Looks like fun!

More
16 May 2017 05:45 #54119 by TwiceOnThursdays
TwiceOnThursdays replied the topic: The Orville: new on Fox

shadar wrote: I always love Adrianne Palicki. It'll be interesting to see how she does comedy. She looks like a natural for irony or playing the straight.

I remember the first time I saw her act... she was the first Kara on Smallville, way back in 2004. Episode called Covenant focused on her and Clark. It started with her walking out of the woods, nude, and stepping in front of an approaching car. Just before it hits her, she slams her fists down on the front of a car, crushing it so badly that the back end flew up and the car's inertia sent it flying over her head to land down the road in flames. (It was one of the better special effect stunts on Smallville.)

And then she walked to the Kents and introduced herself to Clark, still in the nude.

Here's a clip of that scene from Youtube -- not a great video, but watchable.

Shadar

I know her as Sam's first girlfriend on Supernatural. The Smallville clip is definitely better. ;-)

She's done comedy before, I seem to remember her doing ok (Electra Luxx). But she's been a comedy voice with McFarland before on Family Guy, as well as Titan Maximum and Robot Chicken. Coffee Town is a comedy, but I don't know how comedic her role was as I've never seen it.

John Wick wasn't a comedy, but she did have some black comedic moments while she was kicking ass. Not to mention there was a lot of comedy on SHIELD. I think she'll do really well.

More
16 May 2017 14:36 #54125 by oliu99
oliu99 replied the topic: The Orville: new on Fox
From the official description:

"ALARA KITAN (Halston Sage, “Neighbors,” “Goosebumps”), a young, inexperienced security officer whose home planet’s high gravity gives her superior physical strength"

www.fox.com/the-orville
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwiceOnThursdays

• oliu99
  • oliu99's Avatar Topic Author
  • SWM - Junior
  • SWM - Junior
More
16 May 2017 15:04 #54127 by castor
castor replied the topic: The Orville: new on Fox
This reminds me a lot of Powerless.

Not obviously the same genre, but you know same kind of premise of taking a big action genre and making it a 30 minute sitcom. Powerless i thought that was a clever idea if they didn't quite nail the landing on, but it was a clever idea-they have figured out how to do a 30 minutes show with 2 or 3 minutes of superhero stuff with effects that may not actually be great but convey the idea.

This....Seth Macfarlane as a live action actor has a better animator-and even then its not that great. Hes often seems a guy coasting or trying to coast on how handsome he is when he is not that actually that handsome. This has some of the lazy energy of it-but that said pilots are tricky for comedys with a lot of diffrent aims.

And space opera works well for this kind of stuff-the kind of space ship flying through the cosmos stuff is pretty easy to do these days in semi competent effects, as well as laser fire and other stuff. i do like how the space ship looks and the fact that it has two windows in it (which is something that Star Trek always avoided as a dodge), but now is cheep enough just to do. I am kind of reminded of Firefly also a show that failed to a degree becuse in the early 2000s a lot of this stuff was to expensive to do.

So let see-i doubt this ever going to be a show with a lot of girlpower ellements-but i do in my head think if this works someday where going to get that show so lets see.

• castor
  • Uberposter of Distinction
  • Uberposter of Distinction
More
17 May 2017 04:07 #54141 by www1969
www1969 replied the topic: The Orville: new on Fox
Seth Macfarlane seems to be polarizing to a lot of people, and if you don't think his stuff is funny, I doubt this will be the show that changes your mind. But it's a simple, nifty idea with a lot of potential, made by a guy who obviously deeply loves the source material. I'm certainly willing to watch it and see.

More
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds