Amount

Isis is coming!

06 Jun 2017 22:25 #54570 by Markiehoe
Isis is coming! was created by Markiehoe
Oh Mighty Isis is coming to Legends of Tomorrow.

I was a huge fan of the Saturday morning TV show when I was a kid.
Kudos to the production team for not changing her name.

www.cbr.com/legends-of-tomorrow-casts-is...=CBR-FB-P&view=lista
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, Ravens_ghost, SCOTT R, five_red, rednecko, Agent00Soul, Slim0926

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Markiehoe
  • Markiehoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Jun 2017 00:52 #54573 by erikphandel
Replied by erikphandel on topic Isis is coming!
dude that is not a good topic title

More
07 Jun 2017 02:06 #54574 by rebel4life
Replied by rebel4life on topic Isis is coming!
Yeah, I was also like WTF when I first read the thread title. Maybe drop the Capitals the next time ;-).

• rebel4life
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Jun 2017 02:32 #54577 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Isis is coming!
If you can't make fun of them then they are winning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, SCOTT R

• Markiehoe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Jun 2017 03:04 #54578 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Isis is coming!
I make fun of the mirror every morning, but it still shows me something ugly. I'm thinking it is winning. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
07 Jun 2017 03:42 #54579 by LustMonster
Replied by LustMonster on topic Isis is coming!

Raa wrote: I make fun of the mirror every morning, but it still shows me something ugly. I'm thinking it is winning. ;)

The mirror is really a view-only portal into a parallel universe in which you are ugly. Pay it no mind. It is merely mocking you.

More
07 Jun 2017 10:17 #54583 by Markiehoe

Raa wrote: I make fun of the mirror every morning, but it still shows me something ugly. I'm thinking it is winning. ;)

With mirrors as with Isis (the terror group) there is always the brick option.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, SCOTT R

• Markiehoe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Jun 2017 16:12 #54584 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Isis is coming!
Kudos to somebody for daring to take the name back from the terrorists. Looks like they are actually taking that into consideration for the plot. I just wonder if she's going to say "Oh Mighty Isis" to power up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, SCOTT R, Markiehoe

More
07 Jun 2017 21:40 #54585 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Isis is coming!

Agent00Soul wrote: Kudos to somebody for daring to take the name back from the terrorists. Looks like they are actually taking that into consideration for the plot. I just wonder if she's going to say "Oh Mighty Isis" to power up.

if i were Isis, I think I'd be pissed that someone was using my name...

The show Archer stopped using Isis, they just gave up. SO I have to give Legends props for trying to get the name back.

Though I'm hardly an expert, I don't think they actually refer to themselves as ISIS, it's just one of the way their name gets translated. Everyone should use ISIL instead of Isis. I'm pretty sure if their name translated to an acronym THOR or ODIN we'd be using a different translation of their name. Though I guess when you get major economies of the world naming days of the week after you, you get some perks. (Though I'm always amazed at the # of native English speakers who don't know who Wednesday is named after. And there really is no excuse for Thursday. Maybe it's just in the USA, lord knows the educational system here is shodddy.)

More
07 Jun 2017 22:27 #54586 by Agent00Soul

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

Agent00Soul wrote: Kudos to somebody for daring to take the name back from the terrorists. Looks like they are actually taking that into consideration for the plot. I just wonder if she's going to say "Oh Mighty Isis" to power up.

if i were Isis, I think I'd be pissed that someone was using my name...

The show Archer stopped using Isis, they just gave up. SO I have to give Legends props for trying to get the name back.

Though I'm hardly an expert, I don't think they actually refer to themselves as ISIS, it's just one of the way their name gets translated. Everyone should use ISIL instead of Isis. I'm pretty sure if their name translated to an acronym THOR or ODIN we'd be using a different translation of their name. Though I guess when you get major economies of the world naming days of the week after you, you get some perks. (Though I'm always amazed at the # of native English speakers who don't know who Wednesday is named after. And there really is no excuse for Thursday. Maybe it's just in the USA, lord knows the educational system here is shodddy.)

I give Archer a pass on getting rid of the name because it's a spoof of classic spy plots so it might hit a bit too close to home, or at least affect the comedy. But, yeah, it would be a drag if it permanently influenced what people thought of a 4000-year-old Egyptian goddess (or the 1970s heroine she inspired).

People should just call the group what they call themselves and what everyone in the Middle East calls them: Daesh. Actually, I think former SOS John Kerry called them that for a while, but the media ran with Isis, perhaps because it does actually sound more like an evil organization like Spectre or Thrush.

More
08 Jun 2017 01:02 #54588 by Markiehoe
I love the character and I LOVE the costume.

I think LoT should run with this costume complete with the Go Go boots.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Agent00Soul

• Markiehoe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Jun 2017 03:03 #54590 by rebel4life
Personally, I think the costume (and the actress, btw) can't get any better than this:

• rebel4life
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Jun 2017 10:23 #54597 by Markiehoe
I stopped watching Smallville when the guy that played Lex Luthor left the show.
Looks like I missed out on a cool episode.

• Markiehoe
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Jun 2017 14:22 #54598 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Isis is coming!

Markiehoe wrote: I stopped watching Smallville when the guy that played Lex Luthor left the show.

I'm in the same boat as you are. I saw a few (Zatanna and JSA episodes), but in general I missed everything.

Fortunately, the Zee episode is also the "Lois in the WW outfit" episode. ;-) But I need to watch the "Lois as Isis" episode now.

More
08 Jun 2017 16:00 #54603 by Agent00Soul

rebel4life wrote: Personally, I think the costume (and the actress, btw) can't get any better than this:

Thanks for posting these. I didn't know Isis was in Smallville.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rebel4life

More
08 Jun 2017 17:43 #54609 by rebel4life

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

Markiehoe wrote: I stopped watching Smallville when the guy that played Lex Luthor left the show.

I'm in the same boat as you are. I saw a few (Zatanna and JSA episodes), but in general I missed everything.

Fortunately, the Zee episode is also the "Lois in the WW outfit" episode. ;-) But I need to watch the "Lois as Isis" episode now.

Don't get your hopes up too high, though. While there are some feats of strength and the episode is certainly enjoyable, Isis' performance is rather underwhelming overall, especiall considering the potential right there. But well, such was the Zeitgeist :-).

• rebel4life
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Jun 2017 21:52 #54611 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Isis is coming!

rebel4life wrote: Personally, I think the costume (and the actress, btw) can't get any better than this:

I don't remember the whole episode, but I certainly remember the rushing noise towards the steel garage door and the crushing lift...and the look on her hiding co-worker's face...

More
08 Jun 2017 23:16 #54612 by fats
Replied by fats on topic Isis is coming!
It's just a pity that Smallville has ruined the careers of all the main actors, not one of them have come out of it with any degree of success, only LV has made anything of herself after the programme finished and she was only there for a few episodes.

Fats

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
09 Jun 2017 00:24 #54613 by rebel4life

fats wrote: It's just a pity that Smallville has ruined the careers of all the main actors, not one of them have come out of it with any degree of success, only LV has made anything of herself after the programme finished and she was only there for a few episodes.

Fats

What??? I don't know where you're taking this, but Tom Welling had a stellar career not only during Smallville ("The Fog") but also well after the show ("Draft Day").:silly: Ok, who am I kidding, anyways ... .

On a more serious note, Erica Durance is one of the hottest women I've ever seen on screen. Certainly in my Top-100 list.

• rebel4life
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jun 2017 00:51 - 09 Jun 2017 00:55 #54614 by Monty

rebel4life wrote:

fats wrote: It's just a pity that Smallville has ruined the careers of all the main actors, not one of them have come out of it with any degree of success, only LV has made anything of herself after the programme finished and she was only there for a few episodes.

Fats

What??? I don't know where you're taking this, but Tom Welling had a stellar career not only during Smallville ("The Fog") but also well after the show ("Draft Day").:silly: Ok, who am I kidding, anyways ... .

On a more serious note, Erica Durance is one of the hottest women I've ever seen on screen. Certainly in my Top-100 list.

I think the main 5 characters are doing pretty well through directorship. Kristin Kreuk was earning $40,000 an episode for the first few years. That rose to $270,000 PER episode. That salary figure might be wikipedia rubbish, but I'm sure she is happily putting her feet up somewhere at a pretty young age.
Last edit: 09 Jun 2017 00:55 by Monty.

More
09 Jun 2017 04:00 - 09 Jun 2017 04:06 #54615 by rebel4life

Monty wrote: I think the main 5 characters are doing pretty well through directorship. Kristin Kreuk was earning $40,000 an episode for the first few years. That rose to $270,000 PER episode. That salary figure might be wikipedia rubbish, but I'm sure she is happily putting her feet up somewhere at a pretty young age.

Well, I'd happily have a picture of her feet and let her keep the rest of her TUSD 270 per episode to live happily ever after. Don't know if this is too high a figure, Charlie Sheen had been rumored to collect TUSD 1,000 per episode of "Two And a Half Men" and the main actors of "The Big Bang Theory" are rumored to collect even more than that for each episode of the final season.
Well deserved, at least for Kaley Cuoco, I might add:

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 09 Jun 2017 04:06 by rebel4life.

• rebel4life
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
09 Jun 2017 12:55 #54619 by Monty
Hell yeah!

(Might have to set up a new thread for superwomen and their super-powerful salaries, that can afford them the purchase of superpowers? as this has gone off-topic)

The following user(s) said Thank You: rebel4life

More
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds