Amount

Minks Kelly cast as Dove

08 Sep 2017 02:53 #56152 by lfan
Minks Kelly cast as Dove was created by lfan
Minka Kelly, the gorgeous actress from FNL, was just cast as Dove in DC's upcoming Titans tV series. I always thought Minka would make a great superheroine back when FNL was. On the air, and I'm glad she's now getting her chance!

www.cbr.com/titans-minka-kelly-dove/

ELF
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, Markiehoe, Slim0926, AuGoose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Sep 2017 05:42 #56153 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic Minks Kelly cast as Dove
Dick Grayson, Raven and Starfire have been cast as well. Goes into production in the fall in Atlanta.

More
08 Sep 2017 09:45 #56156 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Minks Kelly cast as Dove
A part of me cringes that the Berlanti crew is about to give us another heaping helping of over-aged princesses who endlessly shriek about "total honesty!" while the charming but thick-skulled hunk parade finds themselves helplessly driven to chase dat ass...

The rest of me hopes that they'll GET OVER that awful formula and deliver a show about superheroes rather than superdrama. Because I'd really like to like Hawk and Dove.

More
08 Sep 2017 13:36 #56161 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Minks Kelly cast as Dove

AuGoose wrote: A part of me cringes that the Berlanti crew is about to give us another heaping helping of over-aged princesses who endlessly shriek about "total honesty!" while the charming but thick-skulled hunk parade finds themselves helplessly driven to chase dat ass...

The rest of me hopes that they'll GET OVER that awful formula and deliver a show about superheroes rather than superdrama. Because I'd really like to like Hawk and Dove.

Hank and Dawn are not series regulars but supposedly in a multi-episode arc. Rumor is that if they are well-received they might permantly join the team in Season 2 OR launch into their own spinoff....

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Sep 2017 13:46 #56162 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Minks Kelly cast as Dove

andyf wrote: Dick Grayson, Raven and Starfire have been cast as well. Goes into production in the fall in Atlanta.

And Hawk as well......Alan Richeson (sp?), formerly Aquaman in Smallville series, will be playing him

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
08 Sep 2017 14:10 #56163 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic Minks Kelly cast as Dove
Richseon stared in Syfys now cancelled series Bloodrive.

More
08 Sep 2017 16:39 #56166 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Minks Kelly cast as Dove
This seems like good news.

OTH, "launched on WB's new DC Branded digital platform" seems like a bad idea. I really want fewer streaming services, not more.

OTH, TItans + Young Justice Season 3....
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
08 Sep 2017 22:52 #56168 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Minks Kelly cast as Dove

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: This seems like good news.

OTH, "launched on WB's new DC Branded digital platform" seems like a bad idea. I really want fewer streaming services, not more.

OTH, TItans + Young Justice Season 3....

I suspect the future will eventually arrive at ONLY streaming media. Ad-supported broadcast and little round bits of plastic media both contain the seeds of their own demise.

I'm not saying that's good, just that it seems inevitable. Which isn't so good for people like me who live outside a population center (in the countryside) and only have access to slower forms of broadband.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Away
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
09 Sep 2017 01:19 #56170 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Minks Kelly cast as Dove

A part of me cringes that the Berlanti crew is about to give us another heaping helping of over-aged princesses who endlessly shriek about "total honesty!" while the charming but thick-skulled hunk parade finds themselves helplessly driven to chase dat ass...

I know exactly what you mean. And while I think the Berlanti-verse is generally more hit then miss, I do hope they focus more on heroics then drama with this show.

Peace.

/K

More
09 Sep 2017 04:52 #56173 by castor
Replied by castor on topic Minks Kelly cast as Dove
He knows better what you can when you have to 22 episodes in a season on A TV budget for a Superhero show in 2017-which is and isn't much.

i can see it totally why he does it. I remember when we where talking about Supergirl the general concencious at the beggining well "its going to be 50 minutes of Kara and 10 of supergirl" and the show has never been that-i think in part becuse hes very good at hiding the kind of cuts that make that possible to do-paradoxically by often doing a really quick scene style.

But that also means a lot of angstying, a lot of love triangles, a lot of moppy teens-cause in part thats what he does, and thats what he thinks the audiences does.

So yeah let someone else try-but as for this sure. I will say as someone who is mainly familiar with Kelly as her couple of attempts to do movies (Minka Kelly the Star of the Roommate about a college student whose boob tattoo was fairly important plot point) i never been that big a fan of her-but you know sure why not.

Not looking forward to the streaming service idea-but yeah as other said its easy money i think for someone. Will see.

Castor

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds