Amount

Amunet on Flash

08 Nov 2017 13:09 #56936 by Markiehoe
Amunet on Flash was created by Markiehoe
Katee Sackoff guest starred as the Telekinetic/ Metal wielding Amunet on the Flash episode "Girls Night Out"

Katiee looked great in costume and effected a British accent for the role.
All these years playing heroic types it was cool to see her eat up the role as a villain.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: kikass2014

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Markiehoe
  • Markiehoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Nov 2017 14:01 #56938 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Amunet on Flash
I've always loved Katee Sackoff :) And while probably not exactly matching (she's only 5'5"), back in the day I always pictured her as a great Capt. Marvel.

Was great seeing her in this episode, in a great outfit, and sporting a brilliant OTT accent and persona :D She was certainly the highlight for me. Oh, her and Emily Bett Rickards. Man, I love Felicity :D

The episode itself was pretty much a filler to be fair. The guys took the night off in a, pretty funny, side story, while girl power (as was CONSTANTLY forced down our throats this episode) took center stage.

Still, can't can't complain with Katee, Emily, Candice and ofc Dani Panabaker all on screen at the same time. Damn what a combo lol :D

Overall I would say an enjoyable romp, but forgettable in terms of storytelling.

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
12 Nov 2017 20:55 - 12 Nov 2017 20:57 #57030 by shevek
Replied by shevek on topic Amunet on Flash
Probably the most annoyingly preachy episode of any of the four CW shows to date (and that includes various attempts at active sjw-ism in Supergirl and Legends). I enjoyed the fun, but why couldn't they let the great all-female action speak empowerment for itself instead of mucking it up with constant "hashtag feminism" and "female Doctor Who is so great" self-validation quotes?

Also, yes Sackhoff gave a good turn as Amunet/Blacksmith, but why did she come off looking more than ten years older than she actually is? She's only 37. In recent photos she looks 30something but in the episode she looked 50. That seems a bit bizarre in the CWVerse where, otherwise than that, pretty much every single actress is constantly made to look younger. Maybe the exception was the point?

I have to say the several Killer Frost-and-back transformations of Panabaker (which we really haven't seen much before) were seriously on point. I could watch those on loops all day.
Last edit: 12 Nov 2017 20:57 by shevek.

More
12 Nov 2017 22:48 #57035 by Starforge
Replied by Starforge on topic Amunet on Flash
Enjoyed the episode as well even with the SJW pandering (as long as it doesn't become a habit) but I didn't even realize that was Sackhoff. You're right - she looked in her 50's. I'm also glad they've expanded the Frost character and they could certainly have some fun with that. Enjoying the return to a lighter tone but it still seems to be missing a filled out storyline. Hopefully, that's coming.

More
13 Nov 2017 02:03 #57040 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Amunet on Flash

shevek wrote: Probably the most annoyingly preachy episode of any of the four CW shows to date (and that includes various attempts at active sjw-ism in Supergirl and Legends). I enjoyed the fun, but why couldn't they let the great all-female action speak empowerment for itself instead of mucking it up with constant "hashtag feminism" and "female Doctor Who is so great" self-validation quotes?

I'm going to turn this comment around.

Given the characters involved, and what they were doing ... would you not expect them to do and say all the stuff they did?

None of them are experienced field agents, and they're trying to psyche themselves up. Felicity is someone who would say "hashtag feminism". NOT having her saying it (or something equally dorky) is out of character.

More
13 Nov 2017 02:24 #57041 by Starforge
Replied by Starforge on topic Amunet on Flash

TwiceOnThursdays wrote: I'm going to turn this comment around.

Given the characters involved, and what they were doing ... would you not expect them to do and say all the stuff they did?

None of them are experienced field agents, and they're trying to psyche themselves up. Felicity is someone who would say "hashtag feminism". NOT having her saying it (or something equally dorky) is out of character.

Hard to argue with this. I really like Emily's looks but Felicity drives me crazy at times :P

More
13 Nov 2017 10:44 #57049 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Amunet on Flash
I get what you're saying Starforge and you Twice.

This episode was OTT slightly in the SJW pandering generally. Which isn't usually the style of Flash, but it does happen, and why this episode stood out so much. And I think thats the problem I (and others) have/had with it is that it was so overt and in your face.

Supergirl (and to a lesser extent LoT) is MUCH more filed with that geo/social/political stance. And is a lot more vocal about it.

I have NO problem with art containing messages (it does). I just prefer them to be subtle, not bashed over my head with :D

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ravens_ghost

More
13 Nov 2017 20:13 #57070 by slim36
Replied by slim36 on topic Amunet on Flash

was surprised at the ad free playback www.cwtv.com/shows/the-flash/girls-night-out
Emma Frost

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds