Amount

The Orville: Firestorm

17 Nov 2017 11:25 #57172 by Markiehoe
The Orville: Firestorm was created by Markiehoe
Plenty of Superpowered female action in this week's episode.
Lt. Allara is featured throughout the episode and she delivers.

Many feats of strength are displayed.
And for you peril fans there is a little for you also.
I am not opposed to putting the heroine in danger.

I feel the trailer gives away to much but if you care to view it you can still enjoy the episode.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, Monty, kikass2014

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Markiehoe
  • Markiehoe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
17 Nov 2017 17:30 #57176 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic The Orville: Firestorm
Some "Alien" (first and second movie) references too, nice episode !
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
18 Nov 2017 00:19 #57182 by thedoc9
Replied by thedoc9 on topic The Orville: Firestorm
I’ve really enjoyed the series so far. Alara has two very different running styles. One is a little dainty, and the other is head-down, T-1000 full speed. Maybe after this episode we’ll see less dainty steps from her. I don’t mean she needs to act like a burly truck driver. I just mean she should carry herself with more confidence after facing her fears...

And I certainly would not mind seeing more of her, kicking ass or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe, RD

More
26 Nov 2017 01:30 #57300 by grungykitten
Replied by grungykitten on topic The Orville: Firestorm
I really enjoyed this episode. Exceedingly well written, with great pacing and superb action. Super glad the show has been renewed; it's on my weekly must-see list.

More
27 Nov 2017 23:37 #57330 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic The Orville: Firestorm
While this has not been "must see" for me like ST-TOS and ST-TNG was - I do binge watch it streaming. I'm still trying to figure out what balance of serious/message and comedy they are trying to pull off. I think it's impacting Lt. Allara's character perhaps the most.

No matter what I like having lighter tones on TV and it's not overly crass humor which I don't enjoy so I'm happy to support it. Having Adrianne Palicki doesn't hurt either because she does look great, is second in command, and is a good actor. (Due South, JAG, TJ Hooker etc. were all guilty pleasures at one time...)

I think the hard part is when it's serious I'm looking for character depth - but when it's comedy that's not needed or even wanted.

More
28 Nov 2017 03:39 #57335 by Starforge
Replied by Starforge on topic The Orville: Firestorm
Someone explained it to me this way: As long as the Orville is a parody, it can essentially mimic ST with no legal issue. The tone of the show has seemed to go more towards TNG or at least the spirit of TNG since it's beginning.

Enjoying it for what it is.

More
25 Jun 2018 18:35 #60006 by andyf
Replied by andyf on topic The Orville: Firestorm
There is some bad news as well as good news regarding season 2. Bad news it looked like Halston Sage's Lira is being written out early.. The good news is she's replaced by another female character from the same planet Called Talks played by Jessica Szhor.

More
26 Jun 2018 16:21 - 26 Jun 2018 16:24 #60019 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic The Orville: Firestorm

andyf wrote: There is some bad news as well as good news regarding season 2. Bad news it looked like Halston Sage's Lira is being written out early.. The good news is she's replaced by another female character from the same planet Called Talks played by Jessica Szhor.

She was probably the break-out star from the show.  Maybe she got offered a bigger series or film deal?

If they want to keep paying tribute to Next Generation, Seth can give her the full Tasha Yar treatment, but this time do the death correctly (ie: not getting electrocuted by a talking mud pile). Then Sage can come back from time to time as her evil duplicate or something.
Last edit: 26 Jun 2018 16:24 by Agent00Soul.

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds