Amount

Runaways on Hulu

21 Nov 2017 15:40 #57235 by lfan
Runaways on Hulu was created by lfan
Excellent show!!! Prob my second favorite superhero show next to Jessica Jones S1. It debuted last night on Hulu with the release of the first three episodes. It's got some usual teenage angst (ala CW) in it, but the whole kids vs parents dynamic (the parents are supervillains) is brilliant I thought. Great cast as well -- both from the parents' side which includes James Masters (Spike from BTVS) and Annie Wersching (from 24) AND the kids' side.

Also I thought the first two episodes were very creative, the first telling the story of the kids' coming together and featuring them and the second episode playing the entire same timeline from the parents' perspective. Very well done!

AND....the youngest of the bunch, Molly, is superstrong and her powers are heavily showed off in Episodes 1 & 3, especially. Strongly recommend everyone checking it out!

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, Raa, slim36, Ravens_ghost, Helstar, SCOTT R, naimer, McVee, kikass2014, AuGoose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
22 Nov 2017 07:49 #57256 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Runaways on Hulu
I was going to come on here and poke people about the show, and mention Molly. She does have some super-strength scenes. (Notably ripping a toilet out of the ground and ripping some iron bars out of wall.)

Runways (esp the first arc) is one of my favorite post-2000 comic books, and it looks like they're doing it justice. The kids are all mostly eerily cast (except Molly Hayes, they aged her up to 13 and changed her to Molly Hernandez).

Sure things are changed from the comic, but most of them seem like they are well thought out. We'll see how the others play out. Also, the changes mean that for someone like me there are still some unanswered questions with the show to perk up interest.

The EP1/2 retelling from the parent's view was a pretty good device. I'd say the biggest change from the comics is that they're making the parents more sympathetic. That retelling in EP2 helped you see them outside of how their children see them.

I'm impressed so far. If you want non-stop action in your super-hero show. This isn't for you. It's a lot of character development, and some teen angst (that has a great reason for it). And a dollop of a young woman with super-strength.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, Slim0926

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Time to create page: 0.043 seconds