Amount

Siren

23 Mar 2018 00:59 #58941 by castor
Siren was created by castor
I am not entirely sure about this one-but this does look like a kind of neat. Strangely Mermaids are a big thing these days, and i like the fact that it ever so slightly seems to be playing with how evil the main character is.

The following user(s) said Thank You: AuGoose, RD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• castor
  • castor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
23 Mar 2018 01:35 #58942 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Siren
Hmm. The design of the mermaid reminds me of a Discovery mockumentary from a long time ago. It was a theoretical piece, much like a prior one about dragons, it theorized "what if evidence of its existence was found" The mermaid mockumentary was framed with strong implications that world governments were aware of the mermaids and were using significant political effort to suppress evidence of their existence, frustrating the scientist trying to prove their existence by blocking his access and destroying his samples before he could test them.

More
28 Mar 2018 03:18 #58974 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Siren
Looks pretty standard fare show. Strange yet attractive girl shows up in a small town. Murders start happening with the trailer making it look like it is the girl. Yet, the show reveals that there is a second more dangerous creature. One that the girl is running from as the creature kills local fishermen. Eventually, the mermaid and her somewhat "love interest" boy character discover the real threat. Then with the help of their immediate family and/or friends track down the creature and kill it. All with hints of a larger government conspiracies about where both mermaid and creature came from (i.e. the plot of Season 2). I could probably name almost a dozen similar TV shows who have done the same plot only using aliens, clones, or other mysterious creatures.

Also the quote from Cat Grant on Supergirl comes to mind, “You look like the attractive yet nonthreatening racially diverse cast of a CW show."

More
28 Mar 2018 03:53 #58976 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Siren
So, you're saying get a bucket of popcorn and set bran to 'off' :). I can do that... if I watched network television at all. Will keep it in mind as Netflix fodder down the road.

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds