Amount

$%^#$ Batman!

19 Jul 2018 16:00 #60228 by lfan
$%^#$ Batman! was created by lfan
Haha....The Titans trailer just got released and looks pretty cool actually.  Still not digging the look of Starfire, but it was a brief glimpse, so I'll withhold judgment till we get the full treatment. 

Of ubergirl note, while Wonder Girl is probably just gona guest star initially, it DOES feature Starfire as well as the gorgeous Minka Kelly as Dove.

ElF
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395, Helstar, SCOTT R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Jul 2018 17:15 #60231 by jasminevancroft
Replied by jasminevancroft on topic $%^#$ Batman!
Funny that this is coming out right around the same time as the uber-kid-friendly Teen Titans movie.

More
19 Jul 2018 18:18 #60232 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic $%^#$ Batman!
Well, I'm surprised, that was way more violent than i was expecting. And I like it.

More
19 Jul 2018 18:57 #60233 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic $%^#$ Batman!

Helstar wrote: Well, I'm surprised, that was way more violent than i was expecting. And I like it.

Extreme violence is OK for kids, just not sex, of course. 

How else to prepare the kiddies for their future life in a collapsing world?  It starts with desensitizing children to most forms of violence involving weapons. Based on the trailer, I'd say "good job". 

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
19 Jul 2018 21:19 #60236 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic $%^#$ Batman!
I dropped out halfway through.
Complete garbage.
Not for me.
Not for a paid subscription service.
Not even for free.

Invest in some lightbulbs next time and watch your language.

More
19 Jul 2018 22:49 #60240 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic $%^#$ Batman!
We have been in decline ever since Elvis shook his hips on national television.  

But seriously, it looks interesting for adults to view.  Hopefully not too many tweens or younger watch this.  We know they will of course since the parents (when they have them) want to be 'friends' with their children and just about anything goes.  

Prepare yourselves.  The end is near.  Here is my initial prep. 

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Sarge395
More
19 Jul 2018 22:54 - 19 Jul 2018 22:54 #60241 by Helstar
Replied by Helstar on topic $%^#$ Batman!
I thought it was gonna be 'light', not like the cartoon (which is obviously very campy), but in a similar easy tone, instead it's a 180° degree turn, closer to the original comic book (which was ultra-dark too, if you guys remember it - by some replies, i guess not).

I don't think this is supposed to be aimed to kids, so let them keep watching the cartoon.
Last edit: 19 Jul 2018 22:54 by Helstar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge395

More
19 Jul 2018 23:41 #60242 by castor
Replied by castor on topic $%^#$ Batman!
Every couple of months we get on here A fan film-Batgirl, Wonder Woman, What ever-its died down a touch, but yeah.. This is a good board to talk about them, see them, and i feel a little bit familiar with them. 

And this feels very Fan filmish.

Same "World that seems kind of empty and often more suggested then anything"

Same "We don't really have money for extras"

Same "This is pretty good costuming, for the most part with like an ocasional werid thing"

Same" We have okay special effects which where trying to hide " 

And most of all "This is dark and Gritty-grittier then any movie- but its serious man, its serious" tone.

And i am on the record with liking a lot of fan films-there are some i like more then actual films. i do maintain the Star Trek Fan Film the Child is  the best Star Trek made in this century, and some of the wonderwoman stuff is superb....so i can'tn't necessairly judge it. ....But yeah.

This feels Very Fan Film.  

More
21 Jul 2018 06:13 #60273 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic $%^#$ Batman!
I don't know what to think of this yet.

It does feel like a fan film.  But as we see more that might change.

I didn't see enough of Starfire to figure out if I like her or not. Dove is similar but it felt like they were doing a better job with her.  Mostly we saw Nightwing and Raven.  Beast Boy was the only other one we got a good look at.

I don't think the effects are working very well, but they might not be done.  Also, I don't NEEd really great effects.  I'd rather have sorta hokey but sets the mood effects, ok costumes, good acting and writing.  You just have to be ok at the effects (though I'm not the norm here I think).

All in all, coudl be great ... but I'm not yet convinced it will be.   Need to see more than just this trailer.

(I'm worried about some of the YJ art too ... but I reacall before the art always looked a bit iffy in stills, but looked great when animated.)

More
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds