Amount

Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis

23 Jul 2019 13:01 #64621 by TwiceOnThursdays
Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis was created by TwiceOnThursdays
epicstream.com/news/TinyDiapana/Lynda-Ca...s-On-Infinite-Earths

Lynda Carter back as Wonder Woman for the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover!

And Tom Welling as Superman too.  So three Superman’s so far (Brandon Routh is playing Superman again for the arc along with Supergirls Superman).   And Burt Ward as Robin.

they seem to be getting just about everyone for the episode.   
The following user(s) said Thank You: Agent00Soul, Monty, kikass2014

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TwiceOnThursdays
  • TwiceOnThursdays's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
23 Jul 2019 13:49 - 23 Jul 2019 13:50 #64622 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis
Will be cool to see Lynda back in her iconic role, even if it is Diana Prince :) 

And while Lynda still looks awesome imo, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the original bathing suit costume is out of the question :P  In fact, I remember reading in a interview that she only wears it for her family now.

Still, GREAT to see her back :)

Really digging the vibe that Crisis is putting out.  They are getting everyone they can get, and as a fan, that awesome :)

Look forward to the crossover :)

Peace.

/K

P.S. Lynda from ONE year ago, along with her daughter :)

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 23 Jul 2019 13:50 by kikass2014.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, aguilauno, Monty

More
23 Jul 2019 14:09 #64623 by guimachajo1
Replied by guimachajo1 on topic Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis
Please, Laura vandervoort to.

Por favor que Laura vandervoort también esté.

More
23 Jul 2019 14:33 - 23 Jul 2019 18:22 #64624 by Monty

kikass2014 wrote: Will be cool to see Lynda back in her iconic role, even if it is Diana Prince :) 

And while Lynda still looks awesome imo, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the original bathing suit costume is out of the question :P  In fact, I remember reading in a interview that she only wears it for her family now.

Still, GREAT to see her back :)

Really digging the vibe that Crisis is putting out.  They are getting everyone they can get, and as a fan, that awesome :)

Look forward to the crossover :)

Peace.

/K

P.S. Lynda from ONE year ago, along with her daughter :)

We could have her daughter as Wonder Girl too? She is just as gorgeous! Scriptwriters - knock your heads together!
Last edit: 23 Jul 2019 18:22 by Monty.

More
23 Jul 2019 17:22 #64625 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis
No matter how it works out, it's a great idea.  Lynda still looks great and is a beloved WW!  Amazing she still puts on the costume at all.

Somewhat related, I saw some fan art on DA of Gal Godot in Lynda's costume and she looked good.

More
23 Jul 2019 17:46 #64626 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis

Agent00Soul wrote: No matter how it works out, it's a great idea.  Lynda still looks great and is a beloved WW!  Amazing she still puts on the costume at all.

Somewhat related, I saw some fan art on DA of Gal Godot in Lynda's costume and she looked good.

Lynda is pushing 70, so there are limits. But an older and wiser Diana Prince. Perfect. 

As far as Gal goes, I suspect she looks good in anything. no matter how exotic. But based on the poster for the WW2 movie, she's going to lose the the skirt and the red, white and blue costume and go with gold-plated armor, pretty much from head to toe. <sigh>

But Jenkins is being pretty closed mouth from what I've seen, and the movie didn't go to San Diego ComiCon this July, but maybe someone here has an ear to the ground.  Latest story I've seen says we won't see th first trailer until December, 2019.

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
23 Jul 2019 17:55 #64627 by kikass2014
I don't know much about WW84, but I don't believe I've heard about the ditching of the first films costume, for a full armor suit.

Here is one of the first pics from WW84, and it looks like Gadot still has the "standard" WW costume:

Maybe something has changed, but I haven't really been keeping tabs on it to much tbh.

Peace.

/K

More
23 Jul 2019 18:04 #64629 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis
I’m now thinking other people they could include.

Michael Rosenbaum could reprise Lex ... or the Flash (he was the voice actor).   And you could pull the voice actors from JL UnLimited for older  Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman (if WB got over not letting CW shows use Batman).

Helen Slater could play an older Supergirl/Superwoman.  and Dean Cain could be another Superman.  (Already dual roles for Brandon Routh).   If they allow Batman they could get other Batman’s (the kid from Gotham?  I think the others are too old/health or too costly.

im assuming they are already using John Wesley Shipp as Flash.

They could pull in cast from Black Lightning .. or other DC Streaming shows like Titans and Doom Patrol.    they probably can’t do that due to filming schedules.   Cost and schedules prob keeps out the movie people.

Maybe Adam Strange or Lobo from Krypton?

Old shows like Human Target, Birds of Prey, etc.  Not sure what I’m missing.  

Oh!  Maybe Lucy Lawless as New Frontier’s Wonder Woman!  She was the voice actor.  That would be awesome.

• TwiceOnThursdays
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
23 Jul 2019 20:23 - 23 Jul 2019 20:27 #64631 by shadar

kikass2014 wrote: I don't know much about WW84, but I don't believe I've heard about the ditching of the first films costume, for a full armor suit.

Here is one of the first pics from WW84, and it looks like Gadot still has the "standard" WW costume:

Maybe something has changed, but I haven't really been keeping tabs on it to much tbh.

Peace.

/K

As I understand it, that early publicity shot in the old costume does not reflect WW84. 

This teaser poster is supposed to be closer.  Here's the link:

( www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/05/wonder-w...-reveals-new-costume )

Shadar

Last edit: 23 Jul 2019 20:27 by shadar.

• shadar
More
23 Jul 2019 20:45 #64632 by murdough
Replied by murdough on topic Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis

shadar wrote:

kikass2014 wrote: I don't know much about WW84, but I don't believe I've heard about the ditching of the first films costume, for a full armor suit.

Peace.

/K

As I understand it, that early publicity shot in the old costume does not reflect WW84. 

This teaser poster is supposed to be closer.  Here's the link:

( www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/05/wonder-w...-reveals-new-costume )

Shadar

there have also been plenty of shots from the set with Gal in the original armor. odds are she exchanges it for the armor in the poster over the course of the film for story reasons(needing to upgrade for the final fight, etc)
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, kikass2014

More
23 Jul 2019 21:50 #64633 by kikass2014
Ah had not seen that poster.

Hmm, could be story reasons I guess.

Peace.

/K

More
23 Jul 2019 22:25 #64634 by shadar
It would be neat to have her in something very close/or same as WW1 costume, but then suit up in golden armor when facing some extreme threat, naturally at the final battle that occurs with every comic-inspired movie. The forumula. 

I wouldn't expect any linkage from what CW is doing. Comparing blockbuster movies to CW serials is like comparing a World Cup soccer player to a middle school kid. Influence goes down, not up that chain.

And you don't get to call the shots on a blockbuster movie unless you've been around for some time. Which means 40's at least. Jenkins is 47. Definitelly not a Millennial. 

The people working on shows like Supergirl are either inexperienced or they are B-grade players who are stuck in TV. The primo tallent all goes to the movies. Not the actors, necessarily, but more the creative and production teams (with some exceptions here and there of people who simply prefer TV).

Shadar
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slim0926

• shadar
More
24 Jul 2019 00:45 #64635 by rednecko
Replied by rednecko on topic Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis
I think Lynda Carter is coming back as President of the United States and not Wonder Woman. It would be amazing to see her as Wonder Woman though. It would cause confusion for future fans of the show by having her both as Wonder Woman and POTUS.

More
24 Jul 2019 00:58 #64637 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis

rednecko wrote: I think Lynda Carter is coming back as President of the United States and not Wonder Woman. It would be amazing to see her as Wonder Woman though. It would cause confusion for future fans of the show by having her both as Wonder Woman and POTUS.

Brandon Routh is advertised as coming back as Superman while he's still playing Atom on Legends.  So they are clearly not worried about that problem, as he was a regular on Arrow, appeared on Flash a bit, and is in every episode of Legends.  He's a pretty major character to swap the actor in for a guest Superman.

They've also had John Wesley Ship play Barry Allan's Dad and Jay Garrick, so they've already done the re-use an actor.  (I don't think Harrison Wells counts .... )

Lynda Carter was only the President in a few episodes of Supergirl (and isn't even the current President on the show anymore).  So far less problematic than Routh or Shipp being used again.

The articles all says she's playing Wonder Woman/Diana Prince, so we have good reason to hope I think. ;-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: rednecko

• TwiceOnThursdays
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
24 Jul 2019 01:47 #64638 by kikass2014

I think Lynda Carter is coming back as President of the United States and not Wonder Woman.

Yup, its stated in the article she will be back as Diana Prince :)

Peace.

/K
The following user(s) said Thank You: rednecko

More
24 Jul 2019 08:29 #64651 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis

kikass2014 wrote:

I think Lynda Carter is coming back as President of the United States and not Wonder Woman.

Yup, its stated in the article she will be back as Diana Prince :)

Peace.

/K

She might be both.
After last year reappearence of Shipps in the old costume my guy feeling is that these actors would reprise their old roles with some added years. As far as we know the Diana Prince from the old series might have become president ;)

More
24 Jul 2019 10:02 #64654 by kikass2014

After last year reappearence of Shipps in the old costume my guy feeling is that these actors would reprise their old roles with some added years.

At 68, I am not sure Lynda would want to get back into that costume, though I could be wrong :)

Much as I would like to see that, like I said I think she still looks great, I am almost positive it wont happen :)  (fingers crossed that it might :P )

Peace.

/K

More
24 Jul 2019 12:50 #64657 by Woodclaw

kikass2014 wrote:

After last year reappearence of Shipps in the old costume my guy feeling is that these actors would reprise their old roles with some added years.

At 68, I am not sure Lynda would want to get back into that costume, though I could be wrong :)

Much as I would like to see that, like I said I think she still looks great, I am almost positive it wont happen :)  (fingers crossed that it might :P )

Peace.

/K

I was thnking of something more like this

The following user(s) said Thank You: kikass2014

More
24 Jul 2019 13:16 #64660 by kikass2014

I was thnking of something more like this...

Oh nice :)  Ye that would be pretty awesome tbh :)

Tnx Woodclaw :)

Peace.

/K

More
24 Jul 2019 15:13 #64661 by fats

Fats

More
24 Jul 2019 15:31 #64662 by kikass2014
My problem with Superman Returns, like many other most likely, was never Brandon Routh.

I thought his Superman, and in particular his Clark Kent, were awesome.  His Clark was spot on Reeve.

The problem was, he got lumbered with a shit script and story.  As well as, probably, the worst Lois Lane ever.

So to see him back in cape is a welcome bonus :)

Peace.

/K

More
24 Jul 2019 15:53 #64663 by TwiceOnThursdays

kikass2014 wrote: My problem with Superman Returns, like many other most likely, was never Brandon Routh.

I thought his Superman, and in particular his Clark Kent, were awesome.  His Clark was spot on Reeve.

The problem was, he got lumbered with a shit script and story.  As well as, probably, the worst Lois Lane ever.

So to see him back in cape is a welcome bonus :)

Peace.

/K

As a testament on how bad she was, I didn't remember her at all.  When I think about the movie I think about Routh and Spacey.

If I had to knock the movie it was they tried a _bit_ to hard to channel Reeve instead of being their own thing.  I remember being really impressed with Routh, the movie not so much.  I'm not sure as an actor I'd want to take on the role of Superman as it doesn't seem to ever work out that well.  Though Cavill is doing just fine right now finding good roles.

I'm in total agreement: it'll be great to see him back in the cape again.  I love that he seems to be a giddy little kid about it.

• TwiceOnThursdays
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
24 Jul 2019 20:44 #64665 by Woodclaw

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:
As a testament on how bad she was, I didn't remember her at all.  When I think about the movie I think about Routh and Spacey.

I'm in total agreement: it'll be great to see him back in the cape again.  I love that he seems to be a giddy little kid about it.

Well, Routh is a self-confessed A-level comic book nerd, of course he is giddy about it.

More
24 Jul 2019 21:51 #64666 by shadar

Woodclaw wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

Well, Routh is a self-confessed A-level comic book nerd, of course he is giddy about it.

What could be more fun than being a professional actor, having Superman's body type and being a comics nerd -- and then playing Superman on screen. If I swapped places with him, I'd be more than merely giddy. 

He is one lucky bastard. 

Shadar

• shadar
More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds