Amount

Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis

24 Jul 2019 15:31 #64662 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis
My problem with Superman Returns, like many other most likely, was never Brandon Routh.

I thought his Superman, and in particular his Clark Kent, were awesome.  His Clark was spot on Reeve.

The problem was, he got lumbered with a shit script and story.  As well as, probably, the worst Lois Lane ever.

So to see him back in cape is a welcome bonus :)

Peace.

/K

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2019 15:53 #64663 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis

kikass2014 wrote: My problem with Superman Returns, like many other most likely, was never Brandon Routh.

I thought his Superman, and in particular his Clark Kent, were awesome.  His Clark was spot on Reeve.

The problem was, he got lumbered with a shit script and story.  As well as, probably, the worst Lois Lane ever.

So to see him back in cape is a welcome bonus :)

Peace.

/K

As a testament on how bad she was, I didn't remember her at all.  When I think about the movie I think about Routh and Spacey.

If I had to knock the movie it was they tried a _bit_ to hard to channel Reeve instead of being their own thing.  I remember being really impressed with Routh, the movie not so much.  I'm not sure as an actor I'd want to take on the role of Superman as it doesn't seem to ever work out that well.  Though Cavill is doing just fine right now finding good roles.

I'm in total agreement: it'll be great to see him back in the cape again.  I love that he seems to be a giddy little kid about it.

• TwiceOnThursdays
  • TwiceOnThursdays's Avatar Topic Author
  • Uberposter
  • Uberposter
More
24 Jul 2019 20:44 #64665 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:
As a testament on how bad she was, I didn't remember her at all.  When I think about the movie I think about Routh and Spacey.

I'm in total agreement: it'll be great to see him back in the cape again.  I love that he seems to be a giddy little kid about it.

Well, Routh is a self-confessed A-level comic book nerd, of course he is giddy about it.

(formerly Anon, still Librarian)

"What is the point of having free will if one cannot occasionally spit in the eye of destiny?" ("Gentleman" John Marcone)

More
24 Jul 2019 21:51 #64666 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman for CWs Crisis

Woodclaw wrote:

TwiceOnThursdays wrote:

Well, Routh is a self-confessed A-level comic book nerd, of course he is giddy about it.

What could be more fun than being a professional actor, having Superman's body type and being a comics nerd -- and then playing Superman on screen. If I swapped places with him, I'd be more than merely giddy. 

He is one lucky bastard. 

Shadar

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds