Amount

Crisis on Infinite Earths(Spoilers)

09 Dec 2019 02:26 #65834 by murdough
Crisis on Infinite Earths(Spoilers) was created by murdough
So Hour 1 has aired. I'm.....as I said in the Discord, I'm numb right now and we still have four more hours to go. They really did pull out all the stops for this one, even in the opening minutes, from a brief shot of DCUniverse's Titans on Earth-9, to Robert Wull(Alexander Knox in the '89 Batman) on Earth-89, to Burt Ward with a "holy crimson skies of death!" on Earth-66 all before they died. Then it went on to the destruction of Argo City and the death of Alura In-Ze, as played by Erica Durrance(in two roles this week). We got a continuation of Lena Luthor's arc, with her putting aside her petty grudge in order to help with the evacuation of Earth-38. Yes, Earth-38 was destroyed, about 3 billion people being evacuated to Earth-1. And then there was the big death. I have no doubt that there will be some sort of MacGuffin later in the crossover, but as of right now, Oliver Queen has died, sacrificing himself in order to buy time for a billion people from Earth-38 to evacuate. Before the fight, he gave his daughter Mia a suit, formally passing on the mantle of Green Arrow and died with her, Kara, Sara, and Barry at his side. There wouldn't be an Arrowverse without him and while, like I said, there will probably be some sort of MacGuffin to briefly bring him back, we will have to say goodbye in January when Arrow comes to an end.

Here's the promo for Hour 2, airing tomorrow night.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• murdough
  • murdough's Avatar Topic Author
More
09 Dec 2019 02:28 #65835 by murdough
Replied by murdough on topic Crisis on Infinite Earths(Spoilers)
The final moments of Hour 1

The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36

• murdough
More
09 Dec 2019 11:33 #65838 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Crisis on Infinite Earths(Spoilers)
I thought it was super cool and I enjoyed part one.

More
09 Dec 2019 13:21 - 09 Dec 2019 13:22 #65839 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Crisis on Infinite Earths(Spoilers)
Have to agree, part one was really good :)  Sure, there were scenes of comic-book hokeyness, the main example for me was fighting Shadow Demons with fists and arrows lol :D   But is was all good fun :)  

Everyone got a little moment, and Oliver went out in true hero fashion :)

The best scenes for me were the exchange between Sara and Oliver in 2046., and Alex and Lena.  Awesome scenes imo.

I really hope that with this Crisis event, they fold all the "cape" shows into one continuity (most likely Earth 1 and The Flash - we all know Barry isn't really gonna die :P ).  Cut down the size of the supporting cast and focus on the main heroes.

Looking forward to the second part :)

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 09 Dec 2019 13:22 by kikass2014.

More
09 Dec 2019 20:41 #65841 by murdough
Sneak peak for Hour 2. Fair warning, you may get chills near the end.

• murdough
More
09 Dec 2019 21:40 #65843 by murdough

• murdough
More
09 Dec 2019 21:58 #65844 by murdough
I would also recommend watching Black Lightning after Batwoman/Hour 2 tonight as it will lead directly into tomorrow night's Flash/Hour 3

• murdough
More
10 Dec 2019 01:49 #65848 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Crisis on Infinite Earths(Spoilers)
So just going to throw this out there.  I'm betting the other Green Arrow we seen in part 1 will play a bigger role or he was the one that died.

More
10 Dec 2019 02:31 #65849 by murdough
Hour 2 was a pretty good entry in the crossover. Introducing the concept of paragons(which had been mentioned in the Arrow season opener), seven individuals who were key in stopping the Anti-Monitor. Kara is the Paragon of Hope, and Sara Lance is the Paragon of Destiny. We got the return of Tom Welling, the Earth Smallville took place being revealed as Earth-167. However, as it turns out, this Clark willingly gave up his powers and the cape in favor of a simple life with his wife Lois(as played by Erica Durrance) and their daughters. Based on reports, he will be returning later in the crossover, but regardless, it was a good ending for that incarnation of Clark Kent.

We also saw the return of Lex Luthor, masterfully played by Jon Cryer. Having been revived by the Monitor, Lex predictably betrayed everyone and stole the Book of Destiny, his intent being to kill every Superman in the multiverse. This brought him to Earth-75, with the Earth-38 Clark and Lois, and Iris West in pursuit. There they meet an older Clark Kent who bears an uncanny resemblance to Ray Palmer. On Earth-75, the Joker had slaughtered the staff of the Daily Planet, including Lois Lane-Kent, leaving Clark in mourning. Of course, Lex showed up and used the Book to coerce the Supermen into fighting. After an epic brawl, Lois is able to get through to the Kingdom Come Superman, Lex being knocked out. Thus was found the Paragon of Truth, Lex being placed in a holding cell on the Waverider. There was an amusing scene with Clark-75 meeting Ray Palmer, as Clark commenting that Jon Kent looks like his own son Jason, a reference to the controversial plot element from Superman Returns.

Meanwhile, Kara and Kate go to Earth-96 in search of the Paragon of Courage. There they meet an older Bruce Wayne, played by the voice of Batman himself, Kevin Conroy. Unfortunately, it's revealed that this is a Batman who had crossed the line, killing most of his enemies, as well as the Superman of his Earth. After a brief fight, Bruce is killed and it is revealed that the Monitor had deliberately sent Kate to face this trial so that she could shake her own self doubt. That's right, Kate Kane is the Paragon of Courage.

While all this is going on, Mia is determined to find a way to bring Oliver back. Working with Sara, Barry, and the ever popular John Constantine, they locate a functioning Lazarus Pit on one of the surviving Earths. After a brief fight with that Earth's Jonah Hex, Oliver's body is placed in the Pit and is revived. However, like Sara way back when, his body is a soulless husk. Unfortunately, due to the anti-matter effecting the universe, Constantine's magic is unable to restore Oliver's soul. For now at least.

And lastly, Lyla begins hearing voices. Eventually, she teleports to what appears to be a STAR Labs, where she(and the audience) meet the Anti-Monitor for the first time, bring the episode to a close. Kara is determined to find a way to bring back Earth-38, to the point of obsession. Meanwhile, Kate has a piece of kryptonite that she lifted from Bruce during the fight, just in case.

Overall, it was pretty good. Not great, and it's a shame that Bruce had gone dark, but such is the multiverse. Hour 3 is tomorrow night, with tonight's Black Lightning leading directly into it.

• murdough
More
10 Dec 2019 02:32 #65850 by murdough

• murdough
More
10 Dec 2019 02:43 #65851 by murdough
Bonus points to Dominic Purcell with his ever funny portrayal of Mick Rory, though this being a Rory from yet another universe. His appearance as an unlikely babysitter for little Jonathan was both adorable and hilarious. It was also a great touch to have Wentworth Miller return as the voice of the alternate Waverider's AI Lenny. Shame we couldn't(thus far) get an in person appearance of Miller, but I'll take what we can get.

• murdough
More
10 Dec 2019 03:51 #65852 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Crisis on Infinite Earths(Spoilers)
At the end of tonight's Black Lightning, Black Lightning was warped away just before the Antimatter wave swallowed his Earth, including his whole family. However, I suspect that Jennifer may have survived. and will make a Big Damn Heroes surprise entrance later in CRISIS. As a result of the oncoming Antimatter wave interacting with Jennifer's powers, she was out of phase and communing with 2 alternate versions of herself. One version depowered all the other metas in Freeland and then was forced to watch as Agent Odell sadistically executed her father. The other version was evil, drunk on her powers and reveling in killing, including wiping out her own family when they tried to rein her in. The other 2 versions of Jennifer went poof as the wave passed, but our Jennifer didn't, and she was in energy form or something when the Antimatter wiped out Freeland. I think she may now be riding the Antimatter wave, trying to figure out how to rephrase back into a matter universe without immediately being disintegrated by the Antimatter,

More
10 Dec 2019 11:31 #65854 by Markiehoe
Replied by Markiehoe on topic Crisis on Infinite Earths(Spoilers)
I liked ep 1 alot.
Ep 2 not so much.
After a lot of running around they pretty much wind up in the same place they started at.

Why is Earth 75 Superman better than Earth 38 Superman again?

As of right now Harbinger is the most interesting character and they are about to do my least favorite trope: Good girl goes Bad with her.
Meh

More
10 Dec 2019 23:24 #65862 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Crisis on Infinite Earths(Spoilers)

Markiehoe wrote: Why is Earth 75 Superman better than Earth 38 Superman again?

Apparently some sort of metaphysical mumbo jumbo/prophecy that makes him an indispensable player in the fight to stop the Anti-Monitor and preserve at least a tiny portion of the multiverse from annihilation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

More
10 Dec 2019 23:38 #65863 by murdough
We got our first mention of the Paragons in the opening of the Arrow season premiere a couple months ago. They're basically chosen by Fate/Destiny/whatever. No doubt more details will follow.

• murdough
More
10 Dec 2019 23:42 - 10 Dec 2019 23:42 #65864 by murdough
"Among the many misconceptions humanity holds dear is the fallacy that all beings are created equal. In truth, there are those who are greater. They are called heroes. But even among heroes, there are different echelons. The highest belongs to those known as the Paragons. And they are the only hope of all creation."-Mar Novu's narration at the opening of Arrow season 8
Last edit: 10 Dec 2019 23:42 by murdough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe

• murdough
More
11 Dec 2019 02:30 - 11 Dec 2019 02:31 #65865 by murdough
They promised a cliffhanger, and they certainly delivered. Hour 3 certainly made up for the slight disappointment of Hour 2 and set things up for Hours 4 and 5 slated for January 14th.

It starts on Earth-203, where we see the Huntress as played by Ashley Scott conversing with Oracle(with a voice cameo from Dina Meyer) as their Earth is destroyed. We then go to the Waverider, where we learn the identities of the final three Paragons: Barry Allen is the Paragon of Love, J'onn J'onnz is the Paragon of Honor, and Ryan Choi is the Paragon of Humanity. Iris, Ray, and Ralph go to Ivy University to recruit Ryan Choi, a normal guy, scientist, and family man. Iris convinces him to join them after telling him about Barry.

Speaking of Barry, he, Cisco(freshly reempowered by the Monitor), Killer Frost, and Pariah go to the underground tunnel where the Anti-Monitor had been imprisoned. There they find the anti-matter cannon generating the destructive wave, powered by a treadmill being used by an imprisoned Flash of Earth-90. With the aid of a newly arrived Black Lightning, rescued by Pariah as his Earth was destroyed in last night's Black Lightning, they destroy the cannon. The Barry of Earth-90 defies fate and takes the place of "our" Barry. As he slowly disintegrates, we get a flashback from the '90s Flash series as Barry remembers his wife Tina. The anti-matter wave is shut down. Hurray, the multiverse is saved.

Meanwhile, Mia, John Constantine, and John Diggle continue to try to restore Oliver's soul. They make a pit stop at Earth-666 where Constantine calls in a favor from Lucifer himself, as played by the Fox/Netflix series star Tom Ellis. He provides them a means to go to Purgatory, which is presented as, of course, Lian Yu. They find Oliver, but before they can return to the land of the living, they're approached by Jim Corrigan(with a nice quip from Constantine about how he doesn't resemble the Corrigan he knows from the short lived Fox TV series). The long and short, Oliver agrees to become the new host of the Spectre.

Kara got some good moments as she fought the urge to use the Book of Destiny to restore Earth-38 at the potential loss of her own sanity. Kate manages to talk her down, without having to use the kryptonite she'd obtained.

While all this is going on, the Earths continue to be destroyed until eventually only Earth-1 remains. The Monitor has a moment of humanity as he tells Lois that his own world, and his family, had previously died and that he regretted not telling them how much he loved them, instead focusing on his work.

Finally though, all of our heroes convene on the Waverider's bridge when Lyla reappears. Unsurprisingly to anyone who read the original comic, she's possessed by the Anti-Monitor and murders the Monitor before restarting the anti-matter wave. Pariah gets the Paragons(Kara, Kate, Sara, Barry, Kingdom Come Superman, J'onn, and Ryan) out, transporting them to the Vanishing Point, a facility that exists outside of space and time and the former headquarters of the Time Masters as seen in Legends season 1. Everyone else, including Earth-1 are destroyed. Unfortunately, upon arriving on the Vanishing Point, KC Superman begins convulsing before disintegrating. In his place is Lex Luthor, who had retained a page from the Book of Destiny and rewrote it, ensuring his own survival. 

And that's it. The multiverse is gone and only a few people are left to fight it. We'll see how things play out in about a month.

Last edit: 11 Dec 2019 02:31 by murdough.

• murdough
More
11 Dec 2019 05:41 #65867 by Avalian
Replied by Avalian on topic Crisis on Infinite Earths(Spoilers)
I'll admit to not having read this thread past hour 1 - because I have yet to watch hour 2 - and maybe this has come up elsewhere. But as I was watching hour 1 I realised something about the leads of the single hero shows - Arrow, Flash, Supergirl. These 3 characters happen to be the 3 who famously died in the 1985 Crisis on Infinite Earths - and actually spent some time dead (Kara came back comparatively quickly to Oliver and Barry). They were all deaths that actually had post death impact in universe.

More
11 Dec 2019 15:38 - 11 Dec 2019 15:46 #65870 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic Crisis on Infinite Earths(Spoilers)
Just caught up watching Hour 2 & 3.

Hour 2:

This is the weakest of the 3 that have aired so far.  And the reason for that is simply - Batwoman and Kara.  Their sub-plot was dumb.

Having Bruce Wayne in his KC suit was a nice touch, but the whole thing was just stupid.  Not to mention Batwoman straight up just one-shots BATMAN murdering him LOL

I'm sorry but Batwoman is such a horrible character, smug and selfish, and for her to be the PARAGON of Courage AHAHHAHAH Let me guess, its because she is open about her sexuality.

Anywho, the Smallvillve cameo with Tom Welling and Erica Durance was excellent :)  Loved the dialogue and interplay between Welling and Cryer.  Jon Cryer is fantastic as Lex imo (I know he has his detractors).

The KC Supes introduction was cool also.  Brandon Routh looked awesome as Alex Ross Superman :)  The "Death of Superman" cover was a very nice touch :P    As well as the article Lois wrote in the Donner Superman (I believe). And there was a nice callback to Superman 3 also :P  Lots of geek moments :)

The Mia/Sara plot of getting Oliver back was ok I guess.   I don't think it was anything ppl who read comics and/or watch the shows didn't see coming (though it did setup a really  nice moment in Hour 3, which I will get to).

Overall, Hour 2 felt disappointing compared to the Hour 1..

Hour 3:

Hour 3 was a LOT better.  We got some genuinely heroic moments and the resolution to a 6 year story-arc in the case of Barry (if that is indeed his ending - still 2 hours to go :P ).

To be fair, if it is the end of that thread,  I think it was obvious from last year, that Shipp's Flash would be the one who disappears.

Black Lightning appearing (even though I don't watch his show), was pretty cool.  He had a good heroic moment and generally has some good interplay/chemistry with the rest of the crew.

Constantine and Lucifer was a great scene, loved it :P  Then Oliver gets his awesome heroic moment, avoiding the cop-out of the Lazerus Pit.  He CHOOSES to stay behind.  A true hero.

And then we get to Kara and Batwoman.  What a waste of time.  Kara spends the episode (like she did tail end of last one), moping about finding a way to bring back Earth-38.  And Batwoman spends the episode literally just following her about???? Has Kara done anything heroic in the last 2 episodes btw????? 

The episode did end on a good note though, with the Anti-Monitor seemingly having won by wiping out the universe.

We get a nice callback to LoT season 1 in the shape of Vanishing Point.  And a "homage" or nod, towards the famous cover from the titular series (though inverted in this universe, I'm fine with that).

To top it all, Lex appears lol :P  Though tbh, this was kind of expected, as the Monitor has said he will "be the hero he always wanted to be".

Nice cliffhanger to end on while they go hiatus for 1 month :)

Overall, the crossover has been pretty decent so far this year.  I think last years was better imo,  but its hard to do end-of-everything epic stories on a tight tv budget.  Personally, they should have just cut Bat thing out the crossover.  I genuinely cannot stand her character.  She is so one-note and... well nevermind.

Looking forward to the next two episodes.

Just my thoughts so far.

Peace.

/K
Last edit: 11 Dec 2019 15:46 by kikass2014.
The following user(s) said Thank You: murdough, Sarge395, Markiehoe

More
24 Dec 2019 13:47 - 24 Dec 2019 13:49 #66021 by murdough
Three more weeks til the final two hours. Can't wait. Here are the synopses for Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow, which were released yesterday. They will both air January 14th, with Arrow at 8 Eastern, followed immediately by Legends of Tomorrow at 9.

OLIVER HAS BECOME SOMETHING ELSE IN PART FOUR OF “CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS.” EPISODE PENNED BY MARV WOLFMAN & MARC GUGGENHEIM – Stuck in the Vanishing Point, the Paragons search for a way to escape. The futility of the situation is compounded by The Flash’s (guest star Grant Gustin) disappearance. However, hope appears in the form of Oliver (Stephen Amell), who reveals that he has become something else. Meanwhile, the origin stories for The Monitor (guest star LaMonica Garrett) and Anti-Monitor are revealed. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Marv Wolfman & Marc Guggenheim (#808). Original airdate 1/14/2020.

THE EARTH-SHATTERING “CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS” CROSSOVER CONCLUDES -- “Worlds lived, worlds died. Nothing will ever be the same.” Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu and Ubah Mohamed (#508). Original airdate 1/14/2020.
Last edit: 24 Dec 2019 13:49 by murdough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kikass2014

• murdough
More
24 Dec 2019 14:14 #66022 by murdough
And a preview image courtesy of Stephen Amell. Looks to be either time travel or a hallucination back to Invasion three years ago, the first time Kara truly entered the Arrowverse.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: aguilauno

• murdough
More
30 Dec 2019 17:35 #66122 by murdough
A new fanmade(?) poster, featuring the Paragons(and the participants of what should be an epic fight) as well as a couple screen grabs from a clip on the CW stream showing some of the survivors. Two more weeks to go.

This message has attachments images.

The following user(s) said Thank You: slim36, guimachajo1

• murdough
More
02 Jan 2020 21:33 - 02 Jan 2020 21:33 #66194 by murdough
Behind the scenes shot from what looks like the pseudo-Hall of Justice/STAR Labs hangar first introduced in Invasion a couple years back.

Last edit: 02 Jan 2020 21:33 by murdough.

• murdough
More
02 Jan 2020 21:43 - 02 Jan 2020 21:45 #66195 by murdough
Two more weeks

OLIVER HAS BECOME SOMETHING ELSE IN PART FOUR OF “CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS.” EPISODE PENNED BY MARV WOLFMAN & MARC GUGGENHEIM – Stuck in the Vanishing Point, the Paragons search for a way to escape. The futility of the situation is compounded by The Flash’s (guest star Grant Gustin) disappearance. However, hope appears in the form of Oliver (Stephen Amell), who reveals that he has become something else. Meanwhile, the origin stories for The Monitor (guest star LaMonica Garrett) and Anti-Monitor are revealed. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Marv Wolfman & Marc Guggenheim (#808). Original airdate 1/14/2020.

This message has attachments images.

Last edit: 02 Jan 2020 21:45 by murdough.

• murdough
More
07 Jan 2020 18:20 #66291 by murdough
With one week away from the crossover's conclusion, a new official poster has been released.

The following user(s) said Thank You: aguilauno

• murdough
More
Time to create page: 0.111 seconds