Amount

She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News

15 Jul 2020 23:01 #68627 by MisterK
Here's what I found:

wegotthiscovered.com/movies/she-hulk-rep...-fight-avengers-mcu/

I mean, OK. It sounds good. Could be a fun storyline. But the news is there ain't no news, or at least no hard news. This all seems like basically rumor and speculation. Is there anything else out there we know?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SHTL, Agent00Soul, kikass2014

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MisterK
  • MisterK's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 Jul 2020 23:52 #68628 by kikass2014
Replied by kikass2014 on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News
No real news that I can remember to be honest.

I think with all thats going on atm its understandable that projects seem to be in a holding position of sorts.

I must say, I can see this storyline actually being legit, and interesting in a way.  Will be interesting to see where they go with it.

The rumor of Allison Brie as She-Hulk seems to be just that at the moment.  I personally can't see her being cast in the role.  Not that she is a bad actress, I love her in GLOW and even Community. I just don't see her having the stature required for She-Hulk (she's only 5'2").

Though if the end up with She-Hulk fighting Capt. Marvel, it will be Alison BRIE vs. BRIE Larson :P   

Peace.

/K

More
16 Jul 2020 02:34 #68630 by MisterK
Replied by MisterK on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News
Maybe if she's Jennifer Walters and another actor is She Holk?

Once again, we know nothing.

• MisterK
More
16 Jul 2020 05:25 #68633 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News
If they have the budget to CGI Allison the same way they CGI Mark Ruffalo then it should be fine.

More
16 Jul 2020 11:07 #68636 by kikass2014
With CGI, sure, you can get pretty much anyone.  Will they have the money to do that?  With the corona thing and the loss of revenue for Disney, and Hollywood in general, will they be putting in the same money they would have?

Will be interesting to see how this, and other projects, go. 

Tbh, I REALLY want to see a She-Hulk series :)  So hoping it comes out at some point, and soon lol :D

Peace.

/K

More
17 Jul 2020 20:35 #68646 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News
I would have predicted they were going to go with the comedy aspect of Dan Slott's law office run.  But I guess they want to keep it closer to the action of the Avengers movies so the cross-overs are easier.

Somewhat OT, but I hope that this isn't an indication that Disney+ is going to move away from the Netflix-style of show for everything.  I thought it was cool to have these artsy TV dramas as a contrast to the biff-bang-pow spectacle of the movies.

More
17 Jul 2020 21:11 #68648 by MisterK
I liked Slott's run. 

• MisterK
More
18 Jul 2020 06:55 #68651 by jimbob
Replied by jimbob on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News
I wouldn't count on anything for awhile. Covid screwed over basically the entire entertainment industry and Disney is particular apparently has some serious problems because of it.

More
18 Jul 2020 12:36 #68653 by SHTL
I'm following from many time "She Hulk MCU serie" develpment and I really hope this project will have all budget necessary to make good plot-good actors and special-effects worthy MCU reputation, unfortunately Covid causes problems to production but 2022 release I think is safe, Jessica Gao writer surely will do a comedy-style touch but there is also high probability to see dramatic scenes because Shulkie will be connects to all other Phase 4 and 5 series and Movies.
I not hide I was so disappointed from Supergirl series that all our gang hoped immediatly to be our finally dream realized while there are other shows (Black Lightning, American Gods, ..also Anna Nikol..russian serie) that did better for us Superfem lover then 5 season of Supergirl: so I dream and hope this time we will have our superstrong and unbreakble Jennifer doing (decent and many in any episode) super feats and especially be confident and dominant like 90% of us love (without men help her doing the big things)...
My 2 cents.
SHTL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artnico, Slim0926

More
16 Sep 2020 14:42 #69179 by www1969
Replied by www1969 on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News
A brief article attaching a director to the pilot.

www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/she-...orio-to-direct-pilot

Between Gao and Corio, it sure looks like they're planning to take this in a comedic direction.

More
16 Sep 2020 15:17 #69180 by MisterK
Yup. I saw that too. So now that will go forward as soon as COVID is out of the way. So how long could that possibly be!
(grooooan.!)

• MisterK
More
16 Sep 2020 15:56 #69182 by lojack
Replied by lojack on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News
Look at it with this as a positive- the two major GPU vendors will have their new products shipping by then, so faster renders, and the Mandalorian may help with additional streamlining of virtual character/set usage. Combined that may cut down post time, although that’s for naught if the mouse holds it to fill a ‘Marvel date gap’.

More
17 Sep 2020 22:49 #69201 by www1969

More
17 Sep 2020 22:57 #69204 by Avalian
Replied by Avalian on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News
"from sources" that are neither Maslany, Maslany's reps, Disney or Disney's reps. Admittedly, if it is "nearing" a deal as the article says, the parties involved may be particularly hushed up about it as media speculation could impact the deal. But, there have been similar articles with "sources" indicating the same for other actresses. There is no answer to the question until the mouse speaks.

More
18 Sep 2020 01:20 #69210 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News
It's also being reported by Deadline.

deadline.com/2020/09/she-hulk-tatiana-ma...l-series-1234578701/

Oh wait, it looks like Variety is likely just reporting on the Deadline article.  Wow there are a LOT of articles about this, but when you look at them they all source Variety or Deadline.  So far this all seems to be one source for the reports with no official statements.  So I have to a agree, looks like the deal is not finalized yet.

Mark Ruffalo tweeted welcoming her to the family, but there is a chance that Ruffalo doesn't know any more than we do.

He's rumored to cameo in the show, but that wouldn't necessarily mean he was in on the final choice, esp before Disney/Director/anyone official commented on the choice.

In any event, she's a great actress with a. wide range.  I'm not really face blind, but she was good enough in Orphan Black that I didn't always see her as the same. person.  (in the show she played many clone versions of herself, all with different personalities.)

So if she's the choice, they picked a great actress.  She's only 5'4, but that may actually make it easier to make She-Hulk look big.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jnw550, rednecko

More
18 Sep 2020 05:30 #69213 by jnw550
Replied by jnw550 on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News
nerdist.com/article/tatiana-maslany-she-...utm_source=instagram

She’s mostly recognizable as the lead from “Orphan Black”.  Also, the writer is from “Rick and Morty” fame.

More
18 Sep 2020 13:40 #69214 by SHTL

More
18 Sep 2020 15:09 #69215 by kikass2014
Going by her performances in Orphan Black, Tatiana is a great actress.  So the show has a good start.

Now, don't mess up the writing and directing, and the show could be gold lol :D

Peace.

/K

More
18 Sep 2020 16:52 #69216 by lfan
Hmmm.......brand new poster of our new lead by the legendary BossLogic.  I could get on board with this!

Elf

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SCOTT R, Agent00Soul, Slim0926, TwiceOnThursdays

More
18 Sep 2020 17:04 #69217 by Avalian
Replied by Avalian on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News
In Orphan Black she played virtually every version of Jen/She-Hulk.

Cosima for mousy Jen
Rachel for self-assured Jen
Sarah and Alison for Sensational She-Hulk
Helena for Savage She-Hulk
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan

More
18 Sep 2020 20:58 #69221 by fats
BBC is now reporting it as fact.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54202556

I just wish they would pick an actress who had more shape than an ironing board, it's senseless that they have gone down the route to please the modern interpretation of what she should be, comics which the shows are based on are all about exaggeration and not based in the PC would.

I'm just angry that they have wasted their time and the work of a good actress on something that will never be close to what she should be.

Fats
The following user(s) said Thank You: Markiehoe, kikass2014

• fats
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Sep 2020 22:16 #69222 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News

fats wrote: BBC is now reporting it as fact.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54202556

I just wish they would pick an actress who had more shape than an ironing board, it's senseless that they have gone down the route to please the modern interpretation of what she should be, comics which the shows are based on are all about exaggeration and not based in the PC would.

I'm just angry that they have wasted their time and the work of a good actress on something that will never be close to what she should be.

Fats

Here's hoping the CGI budget is as enormous as She Hulk is supposed to be... to seriously bulk her up when she's green. 

Perhaps their goal will be to emphasize the difference in her two forms?  That could work for some of us. 

Shadar

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
18 Sep 2020 22:28 #69223 by ChaozCloud
Replied by ChaozCloud on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News
I'll agree on liking my super heroics to be over the top and exaggerated. Which is why I prefer animation for it. Sadly both DC and Marvel has dropped the ball on that part (though DC has made some nice movies).
But when it comes to live action I rather have a good actor over someone who looks the part. And while it would be nice to have both, that is going to be incredibly hard to find. Heck I recall most of us complaining about Gal Gadot being Wonder Woman and we all had to eat our word when the movie came out. So lets not do the same mistake here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, shadar

More
22 Sep 2020 17:03 #69248 by Agent00Soul
Replied by Agent00Soul on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News
She's an excellent actress who will no doubt add some good comic touches to Jen.  I am absolutely flummoxed as to how they are going to make her into She-Hulk.   There is no doubt she could handle the personality change: that's how she became famous in OB.  But it will be fascinating to see if it's even possible to make her look like She-Hulk when she is CGId, which I think is most of the show since the Slott run generally had her transformed 75% of the time or so.   Maybe they will just do a full CGI Shulkie that is motion capped from her acting in front of a green screen doing motion and audio capture.  Similar to Andy Serkis as Gollum.

More
22 Sep 2020 20:33 #69249 by TwiceOnThursdays
Replied by TwiceOnThursdays on topic She Hulk Disney Plus Series--Not Much News

Agent00Soul wrote: She's an excellent actress who will no doubt add some good comic touches to Jen.  I am absolutely flummoxed as to how they are going to make her into She-Hulk.   There is no doubt she could handle the personality change: that's how she became famous in OB.  But it will be fascinating to see if it's even possible to make her look like She-Hulk when she is CGId, which I think is most of the show since the Slott run generally had her transformed 75% of the time or so.   Maybe they will just do a full CGI Shulkie that is motion capped from her acting in front of a green screen doing motion and audio capture.  Similar to Andy Serkis as Gollum.

For part of the Slott run, she wasn't allowed to be She-Hulk at work (as a lawyer) it was part of her agreement with Holliway (her boss).  Then after the Power Gem/Titania arc (REALLY AWESOME), she had psychological trouble turning to she-hulk and used a gizmo to force the change.  She-Hulk was how she felt "safe" and when fighting Titania + Power Gem She-Hulk wasn't "safe" and she only escaped (and won) by turn into Jen.  So she had to deal with that before she could transform readily again.

Before that she'd spent ALL her time as She-Hulk.

It is pretty much true that she spent a lot of time as She-Hulk in the comic, but it would be really easy to keep in spirit with the Slott run (esp the start of it) and have her be Jen most of the time and turn into She-Hulk for a bit of action/excitement each episode.

There is a really great panel where Jen comes home exhausted from work and slides into being the She-Hulk for relaxation.

Since Hulk is mo-capped, I'd be surprised if She-Hulk isn't.  One of the things they do well with CGI Hulk is getting Ruffalo's human emotions onto the Hulk face.  My only worry is "how much does that cost?"

More
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds