Amount

Live action She-Rd series for Amazon

13 Sep 2021 19:00 #72287 by andyf
Amazon announced a new , live action WheRe series for Amazon from the studio that produce the Netflix animated series. In the early stages of development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lfan, SCOTT R, Slim0926, guimachajo1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andyf
  • andyf's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 Sep 2021 22:17 #72288 by The Highlander
Replied by The Highlander on topic Live action She-Rd series for Amazon
That could be interesting depending on what direction they go in.

I watched the 2019 series and found it very enjoyable. It's a lot deeper and more interesting than most shows aimed at young kids (although not quite to Avatar levels) and has an extremely interesting and diverse set of characters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RD, Gincognifo, guimachajo1

More
14 Sep 2021 14:15 #72289 by lfan
The following user(s) said Thank You: guimachajo1

More
14 Sep 2021 14:26 #72290 by guimachajo1
Replied by guimachajo1 on topic Live action She-Rd series for Amazon
Excuse me, a question, who, do you think the character can do?
I would go for Laura Vandervoort or Kristana Locken. And, or if not. Some fitness athlete, one of those who will be in Seville this weekend, at the Arnold Classic Europe.

This is my opinion and I can be very wrong.

More
15 Sep 2021 13:31 #72296 by Bert
Replied by Bert on topic Live action She-Rd series for Amazon
Best case scenario is they completely ignore the recent uber-woke, androgyny heavy animated series and return to the original series for inspiration. If the show is meant to appeal to kids, I'd love to see a modern sort of Oh Mighty Isis format with a decent amount of action sequences.
The following user(s) said Thank You: algae2k, Kamelmann, aguilauno, Markiehoe, guimachajo1

More
16 Sep 2021 13:12 #72299 by erikphandel
Replied by erikphandel on topic Live action She-Rd series for Amazon
It's Netflix. Anyone thinking we're gonna get anything resembling quality is deluding themselves. You bet your ass they're gonna use the recent animation series as inspiration. You think we're gonna see a short skirt, even exposed shoulders? No way in hell. Count yourselves lucky if she's even a blue eyed blonde

More
16 Sep 2021 16:02 #72301 by Bert
Why the hate-on for Netflix? Have you seen the Netflix movie True Confessions of an International Assassin? It has one of the best MF fight scenes I've ever watched.

More
16 Sep 2021 17:14 #72303 by erikphandel
The fact that you watched two good things that Netflix makes doesn't mean that the vast majority of they stuff they make isn't garbage, specially when it relates to geek content

More
16 Sep 2021 18:40 - 16 Sep 2021 18:42 #72304 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Live action She-Rd series for Amazon

The fact that you watched two good things that Netflix makes doesn't mean that the vast majority of they stuff they make isn't garbage, specially when it relates to geek content

How did we get to Netflix? The press release said it was being developed by/for Amazon. 

Given that Amazon brought us The Boys, Mr. Bezos' is not shy about painting outside the lines, much as we like to do here on SWM. 

He might be a billionaire and wannabe evil master of the universe, but he's also a geek.

I'm hopeful...

Shadar

Last edit: 16 Sep 2021 18:42 by shadar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, erikphandel

• shadar
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
16 Sep 2021 18:54 #72305 by erikphandel
Fuck, sorry, my bad, it's Netflix that usually does that kind of stuff. Should have read that more carefully

Still, it's coming from Hollywood, which at the end of the day, is the source of the problem. I don't have much faith in anything that comes out of Hollywood these days

More
16 Sep 2021 20:26 - 16 Sep 2021 20:39 #72306 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Live action She-Rd series for Amazon

Fuck, sorry, my bad, it's Netflix that usually does that kind of stuff. Should have read that more carefully

Still, it's coming from Hollywood, which at the end of the day, is the source of the problem. I don't have much faith in anything that comes out of Hollywood these days
Amazon is capable of getting what it wants given its providing the dollars, Hollywood or not.

Question is whether Bezos and company will exert the same kind of influence they did with The Boys (which was very much NOT the the usual fare), or are reportedly exerting on developing shows, like their Tolkien Second Age series. 

Amazon has shown itself to be willing to review scripts and productions with a very different lens than many other customers.

So I guess we'll see. My hope rests with Bezos himself, whose chops as both a geek and a comics nerd have been proven. Question is how involved he is in these kind of productions. He might be all-in on the billion dollar Tolkien work and just outsourcing this series. But that's not his style. 

What I don't know is the audience they are making the show for. Is this a PG kiddie show, or an adult show, where violence and sexuality are fair game. Most of Amazon's stuff is adult so far.

Shadar

Last edit: 16 Sep 2021 20:39 by shadar.

• shadar
More
17 Sep 2021 12:08 #72307 by rockman666
Replied by rockman666 on topic Live action She-Rd series for Amazon

Best case scenario is they completely ignore the recent uber-woke, androgyny heavy animated series and return to the original series for inspiration. If the show is meant to appeal to kids, I'd love to see a modern sort of Oh Mighty Isis format with a decent amount of action sequences.

I completely agree.   I watched the recent show when it came out and being an 80s kid, I always have high hopes for anything remade from that era.   I was immediately turned off by it.. The personalities and stories of the show were rough around the edges and a complete removal of what made She-ra great in the first place.   It was utter garbage.   .I haven't watched He-man yet but hopefully they didn't butcher that series as bad as they did this one.   

More
17 Sep 2021 12:59 #72308 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Live action She-Rd series for Amazon
I have not watched She-Ra on NexFlix, but I did watch He-man. I enjoyed it, but it really was not a He-man show. He-man only showed up in 1esp, maybe the last one. Adam showed up in a couple.

More
21 Sep 2021 02:56 #72325 by Jabbrwock
Replied by Jabbrwock on topic Live action She-Rd series for Amazon
I'll wait until closer to release - or ideally after release - before I get excited. Been burned enough times that I'm saving my effs and only giving them to shows that prove themselves.

Still, until it comes out, it has not actually proven itself to be bad. Or good, of course, but that's always more of a long shot.

More
21 Sep 2021 15:57 #72328 by Bert
No doubt a wise strategy! And yet the thought of a leggy blonde beauty in a sexy white costume battling robots and evil creatures is too appealing an idea for me to ignore. And good things can happen. Despite the poor writing, the first two seasons of Supergirl were actually pretty great!

More
21 Sep 2021 21:48 - 21 Sep 2021 22:12 #72332 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Live action She-Ra series for Amazon
Adrianne Palicki could play She-Ra?

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 21 Sep 2021 22:12 by Monty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: shadar, Raa, jyache, Markiehoe, Agent00Soul, cristian01984, guimachajo1

More
27 Sep 2021 22:13 #72361 by shevek
Replied by shevek on topic Live action She-Ra series for Amazon
Adrienne Palicki is probably busy with The Orville (now subtitled "New Horizons") which is soon debuting its 3rd season. Not sure if they'll continue to a 4th season, but if not, I would certainly advocate for Adrienne Palicki donning any sort of tight costume in a superheroine-themed series. She looked great as Mockingbird.

As far as She-Ra live action, if it's geared more towards an adult audience, we can hope for possible glimmers of the amazing female action we saw in The Boys. or maybe HBO's Titans. If they play it very family-oriented there'll be little of interest to watch.

More
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds