Amount

pic of the avenging angel from smallville

14 Jan 2006 07:52 #4155 by oliu99

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oliu99
  • oliu99's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 Jan 2006 12:44 #4156 by jumperprime
Replied by jumperprime on topic Re: pic of the avenging angel from smallville

www.kryptonsite.com/vengeanceposter.htm

oliu99

Hmm, reminds me of Dark Angel, for some reason

More
15 Jan 2006 01:39 #4158 by oliu99
Well, she looks like she is going to kick ass.

• oliu99
  • oliu99's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 Jan 2006 21:46 #4160 by pwrhaus8
Replied by pwrhaus8 on topic Re: pic of the avenging angel from smallville

Hmm, reminds me of Dark Angel, for some reason

Actually, I was thinking she looked like Kate Beckinsale's character from the Underworld movies. It would seem that all uberwomen have an identical sense of fashion. :?

More
15 Jan 2006 23:07 #4161 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: pic of the avenging angel from smallville
Her outfit isn't tight enough for me.

More
02 Feb 2006 19:50 #4346 by lfan
Reminder, the show featuring 'Maya' airs tonight......

LF

Her outfit isn't tight enough for me.

More
02 Feb 2006 22:54 #4347 by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
Replied by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee on topic Re: pic of the avenging angel from smallville
Not gonna miss it.

• mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
More
03 Feb 2006 02:36 #4349 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: pic of the avenging angel from smallville
I missed it apparently. I thought Smallville came on at 8 pm? Was it on at 7 instead?

More
03 Feb 2006 02:45 #4350 by jumperprime

I missed it apparently. I thought Smallville came on at 8 pm? Was it on at 7 instead?

It was on at 8:00 on the nose here in New York. Are you sure you didn't lose track of time while dallying with Blogger? 8)

More
03 Feb 2006 02:45 #4351 by ultragirl
8 in New York means 7 here. I missed it. :( Oh well. I'm sure clips will pop up somewhere.

More
03 Feb 2006 02:51 #4352 by jumperprime

8 in New York means 7 here. I missed it. :( Oh well. I'm sure clips will pop up somewhere.

So much for the myth about you having a super brain, Ultragirl. You gotta pay attention when the ads on TV say "At 8, 7 Central"

More
03 Feb 2006 03:55 #4354 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: pic of the avenging angel from smallville

Can't you fly around the world at super-speed to go back in time to 7:00?

More
03 Feb 2006 04:20 #4355 by ultragirl

So much for the myth about you having a super brain, Ultragirl. You gotta pay attention when the ads on TV say "At 8, 7 Central"

That was a bit insulting. I'm not an avid TV watcher. Working two jobs and going to school fulltime will do that.

More
03 Feb 2006 09:37 #4359 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: pic of the avenging angel from smallville
Never mind Ultra's brain or her flippin' time zone - Was there any decent supergirl action?

More
03 Feb 2006 14:41 #4363 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: pic of the avenging angel from smallville

Never mind Ultra's brain or her flippin' time zone - Was there any decent supergirl action?

Someone please answer the question. I missed it also. Having a new baby will do that.

More
03 Feb 2006 15:22 #4365 by lfan
True to our 'selfish expectations' of Smallville, disappointing.....but she looked great. They kinda 'watered' her down even though she showed she was a match for Clark (sent him flying with a punch). Mostly had her speed jumping/flying and punchnig people. No lifts, no bending, no other powers, but she looked good -- despite the ridiculous 'vigelante outfit' they had on her.

As for the episode, it wasn't bad -- mostly Clark's angst in dealing with his grief, which played into the 'Avenging Angel's hands.....

Will she be back? Maybe....they didn't kill her off or depower her, so who knows?

Oh yeah, Spoilers Behind.... :P

LF

Someone please answer the question. I missed it also. Having a new baby will do that.

More
03 Feb 2006 15:41 #4367 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: pic of the avenging angel from smallville
So... is it worth hunting down and downloading then?

I couldn't have watched it even if I'd remembered. Being in another country with a full-time job with 24hour call-outs, 2 small children, 1 scary wife and a fondess for vodka and recreational narcotics will do that.

More
03 Feb 2006 15:59 #4368 by jumperprime

That was a bit insulting. I'm not an avid TV watcher. Working two jobs and going to school fulltime will do that.

Sorry, Ultragirl, no offense intended

More
03 Feb 2006 16:58 #4369 by pwrhaus8
Replied by pwrhaus8 on topic Re: pic of the avenging angel from smallville

conceptfan wrote: So... is it worth hunting down and downloading then?

She did throw Clark Kent through a desk. She smacked around and threatened a couple of thugs. There was a leaping-to-rooftop scene a la Catwoman from the "Birds of Prey" series a few years ago, but the FX guys were struggling to make it work. And there was some female secret ID stuff for those who care. If that's enough for you, go ahead and download the ep somewhere. The sad reality is that TV shows don't have the budget to make most ubergirl lurkers on this board happy.

More
03 Feb 2006 17:29 #4370 by lfan
True, Pwrhaus! We do have certain things we want to see and I understand they are constrained by their budget, but aside for the cool "truck flip" scene in Covenent by the "Kara" --- the FX and powers they give the supposed "supergirls" are less than super. However, they do some pretty cool effects with Clark and even some of the male guest "superboy" guest stars. Perfect example if in the "Leech" episode where the one kid got Clark's powers and they showed him really "super" -- Aeryn and Andrea from this season were on par with that but all their scenes were "watered down". I know our "wish list" is a little non-mainstream and there's no way we'll get ubergril action for 45 straight minutes, but just saying I know they (the show) have donw it before, they just choose not do do it with the gals --- just an observation.

Overall though, I think the show is quite entertaining and well-written (though sometimes very 'out there')

LF

So... is it worth hunting down and downloading then?

She did throw Clark Kent through a desk. She smacked around and threatened a couple of thugs. There was a leaping-to-rooftop scene a la Catwoman from the "Birds of Prey" series a few years ago, but the FX guys were struggling to make it work. And there was some female secret ID stuff for those who care. If that's enough for you, go ahead and download the ep somewhere. The sad reality is that TV shows don't have the budget to make most ubergirl lurkers on this board happy.

More
03 Feb 2006 22:37 #4374 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: pic of the avenging angel from smallville
Only caugh a couple mintues ~ but she looked great in the glasses. In fact he entire mask/glasses exchange was kind of funny.

More
03 Feb 2006 23:29 #4375 by ty110072
Replied by ty110072 on topic ill post it
and she was practly lifting luther while she was walking him backwards. I wished there were more but it was what it was. and it wasnt that bad. ill post on my irc site later tonight or tommorrow for anyone who wants it and cant find it.

More
04 Feb 2006 01:31 #4378 by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
Replied by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee on topic Re: pic of the avenging angel from smallville
Yep, it wasn't that bad. Like Random, I liked the mask/glasses bit.

• mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
More
04 Feb 2006 09:47 #4383 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic Angel of Vengeance
Oooh,
Let me tell you Superheroine fans, this episode was awesome! -I taped it and fans of superheroines using super feats of strength...might want to stop here, she wasn't that kind of heroine- The episode starts with sexy researcher (okay, I find girls in glasses and hair tied back in a poney tail sexy- Maya who is trying to find out who killed her mother as a child. When trouble occurs in the neightborhood, Maya disappears and trades her skirt and blouse in for a sexy leather costume and mask -yup, she has a mask, woot!- and becomes the Angel of Vengeance. :D As the AofV, she has super speed, super leaping abilities -she hopes from the ground high into the air on buildings- and has a killer martial arts arsenal. I won't spoil it for everyone, but, something about a sexy latina -Ms Universe/Puerto Rican!- turned superheroine that makes one smile tons, and throughout this one, I was smiling. -alter-ego heroines do that to me, tee-hee- Hopefully someone will post caps for it, for now, here is the video clip of the episode called Vengeance.

Enjoy!

Fonzie

www.devotedfansnetwork.com/index.php?page=smallville

More
04 Feb 2006 09:49 #4384 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic Wow!
danng,
I type a post and you all beat me to it. Now that's uber! LOL

Fonzie

More
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds