Amount

Forthcoming DVD's

31 May 2006 18:35 #5651 by argonaut
Forthcoming DVD's was created by argonaut
These DVD sets may be of interest. They're all scheduled to be released on June 20 (obviously to coincide with the opening of Superman Returns):

1. Justice League (Season 2) -- This was before the series became Justice League Unlimited and opened its doors to Supergirl, Zatanna, Black Canary, et alia. An enjoyable series nevertheless -- and Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl are prominently featured in many episodes.

2. Superman: The Animated Series (Season 3) -- Includes "Little Girl Lost," the two-part story that introduced the animated vesion of Supergirl.

3. The Adventures of Lois & Clark (Season 3) -- Includes "Ultra Woman," featuring a super-powered Teri Hatcher. Didn't like the costume and of course there could have more ubergirl action -- still, far better than, say, the "Kara" episode of Smallville.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• argonaut
  • argonaut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
22 Jun 2006 01:53 #5892 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Forthcoming DVD's
Also out this week: the first season of the Superboy TV series from the 1980's.

I never saw this show. Was it any good? And were there any ubergirl-related episodes? (I'm not hopeful on either count.)

• argonaut
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
22 Jun 2006 14:00 #5902 by Spulo
Replied by Spulo on topic Re: Forthcoming DVD's
And Supergirl is finally released on DVD in the UK on the 26th.

More
22 Jun 2006 17:36 #5905 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: Forthcoming DVD's
Just now? Wow. :shock:

More
17 Nov 2006 04:17 #7356 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Forthcoming DVD's
Season One of Justice League Unlimited is out on DVD. Actually, the set includes seasons one and two -- a pleasant surprise, considering how long WB was doling out one or two episodes at a time on overpriced single DVD's.

Reasons to buy:

1. The Supergirl / Galatea story-line.

2. Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl, plus appearances by Black Canary, Vixen, Huntress, Barda, Zatanna :D and probably a couple of other super-heroines I can't recall at the moment.

3. Super-woman content aside, this is a worthwhile series, with good scripts, solid acting, and strong animation.

Caveat emptor: The sound was defective on one of the discs in the set I bought. I was able to exchange it, but a reviewer for Amazon reported a similar experience. So check yours out as soon as you buy it.

• argonaut
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
17 Nov 2006 07:59 #7357 by mercblue22
Hello,
There is 1 ep in this series that has a Superheroine in it. :) She is a alien who comes down to Earth to help Superboy defeat a nasty male muscled andriod (eeew) This Superwoman, Serene, disguises herself as a mousy new journalist who is interested in Clark/Superman. I really like this ep because its the only time we see a female rip open her blouse to reveal her costume underneath. :D I have this 1 ep, sadly, Serene, in a desperate attempt to save Superboy from the android, blows herself up. (argh!) But yea, sad ep, but the only one worth seeing in the series. BTW, the eps name is Superman...rest in peace. :)

Fonzie

More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds