Amount

painkiller jane again , this time with gained strength?

14 Jul 2006 02:24 #6242 by oliu99
from the futoncritic, she gets stronger every time she gets hurt....

SCI FI GREENLIGHTS 'PAINKILLER JANE'

Original Series From Insight Film Studios Premieres January 2007 Syndication Window Follows in the Fall

PASADENA, Calif. - July 13, 2006 - SCI FI has greenlit production on Painkiller Jane, a female superhero actioner from Vancouver's Insight Film Studios and Kickstart Comics. Production on 22 one-hour episodes will begin next month at Insight Film Studios in Vancouver. The series will premiere on SCI FI starting in January 2007, followed by a domestic broadcast weekly syndication window in Fall 2007. Cast has not yet been finalized.

Based on the eponymous comic book created by Jimmy Palmiotti and Joe Quesada, Painkiller Jane is the story of Jane Vasko, a young researcher trying to make a difference as the world faces its greatest drug addiction epidemic. When Jane catches wind of a budding conspiracy, and a secret research program within her corporation, she turns DEA informant. Thus threatening to expose corruption within one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, Jane becomes a target. However, she is accidentally exposed to an experimental "cure" that renders her impervious to sickness and injury but not pain. Unfortunately for Jane, these powers come at a price: she has less than a month left to live before the cure's unstable nature overtakes her. Jane continues to develop new abilities. After each injury, she heals stronger than she had been. But the pain remains and intensifies as she races to turn the tables on her pursuers, and save her own life.

Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Insight Film

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oliu99
  • oliu99's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 Jul 2006 18:35 #6249 by pwrhaus8
I found the movie extremely underwhelming, and the lack of super strength was only part of the problem. They need to do a lot of work make the TV series watchable.

More
15 Jul 2006 01:39 #6252 by oliu99
I agree, but I get the feeling that they are changing some stuff. the fact that they mention that she heals stronger than she had been indicates that she might have super strength (well, buffy style super strengh) but you never know... I hope it will be better than the pilot.

:D

• oliu99
More
17 Jul 2006 17:00 #6269 by lfan
Agreed, pwrhaus! Just not even looking for super strength in her, I found the movie incredibly boring! And Ms Vaugier, a beautiful, beautiful woman, but could they make her any less 'desirable' than they did in that film. Perhaps in was the 'fashion runway' haircut which I couldn't get past....but didn't really do it for me. Hopefully, better this time around...

El Fan

I found the movie extremely underwhelming, and the lack of super strength was only part of the problem. They need to do a lot of work make the TV series watchable.

More
05 Dec 2006 19:51 #7519 by lfan
SuperheroHype reports (via SciFi Channel) that Painkiller Jane (with Kristina Lokken) will be part of the Friday Night lineup staring in April 2007....let's hope its substantially better than the telefilm...

eLf

Agreed, pwrhaus! Just not even looking for super strength in her, I found the movie incredibly boring! And Ms Vaugier, a beautiful, beautiful woman, but could they make her any less 'desirable' than they did in that film. Perhaps in was the 'fashion runway' haircut which I couldn't get past....but didn't really do it for me. Hopefully, better this time around...

El Fan

More
05 Dec 2006 21:00 #7521 by ultragirl

Painkiller Jane (with Kristina Lokken)

Much better.

More
19 Dec 2006 23:56 #7686 by oliu99
you can get a glimpse of painkiller jane here:

youtube.com/watch?v=169X-FUtAQ0

short promo.

• oliu99
More
20 Feb 2007 01:03 #8392 by dauntingmold
The official website for Painkiller Jane has been updated with some photos and an interview with Kristaana Loken, which also features a couple of clips from the upcoming series. Nothing uber is shown unfortunately.
www.scifi.com/painkillerjane/

More
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds