Amount

Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!)

10 Oct 2006 14:58 #6991 by lfan
Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!) was created by lfan
OK, seems another ambitious pair seems to have their hooks in a redo of the Bionic Woman series. You can read about it here (Thx, SHH!):

superherohype.com/news.php?id=4791

Some may remember that "Team Todd" -- the hollywood sisters and TPTB behind the Austin Powers franchise -- tried a go with this a few years ago on the USA Network. Instead of the Return of the Bionic Woman that season, USA Network gave us Dead Zone (and later Monk)...meanwhile Team Todd gave us The Retturn of Zoom.

Id say USA Network got the better of that deal!!! :P Nonetheless, a return of the old classic would be good news....

ElF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
03 Jan 2007 17:57 #7828 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!)
Well, get ready for it......it got greenlit (via "cast contingency") by NBC this past week. We'll see if its crap or not.....

Will post more info as I get/find it....

ElF

OK, seems another ambitious pair seems to have their hooks in a redo of the Bionic Woman series. You can read about it here (Thx, SHH!):

superherohype.com/news.php?id=4791

Some may remember that "Team Todd" -- the hollywood sisters and TPTB behind the Austin Powers franchise -- tried a go with this a few years ago on the USA Network. Instead of the Return of the Bionic Woman that season, USA Network gave us Dead Zone (and later Monk)...meanwhile Team Todd gave us The Retturn of Zoom.

Id say USA Network got the better of that deal!!! :P Nonetheless, a return of the old classic would be good news....

ElF

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 Jan 2007 20:17 #7872 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!)
This would really be on NBC in prime time?!

More
30 Jan 2007 23:25 #8058 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic New Bionic Woman casted?
On Internet Movie Database Pro, there is listeing Bionic Woman 2007, listing it as in delvelopment. Just today, I checked it and it said actress Bevin Prince was cast as th new BW. The name Jaimie sommers is not listed. Prince does not appear to have a lot of past acting credits. about thres films and several apperences on One Tree Hill as cheerleader. She's appearing on a new episode on Jan 31. 8:00 P.M central time if you want to check her out. There are a couple of web site dedicated to her and she has her own offical site. As for looks, to me she looks like a cross between Jennifer Garner and Reese Witherspoon.

More
31 Jan 2007 17:33 #8072 by Random321
Replied by Random321 on topic Re: Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!)
She is really cute! I think it's great that they went for an unknown assuming she can act at all. Hopefully her acting goes beyond just "chearleading" on O.T.H.

I'll be very curious to see how the 'modernize' the character and what the supporting cast around her his like. That's going to be very key.

More
06 Feb 2007 21:56 #8223 by yars
Replied by yars on topic Re: Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!)
Well if they give her the strength, speed, hearing and jumping powers of the original, I'd really be looking forward to this. I'll be really disappointed if they omit the sound effects and especially the slow motion.
Hopefully new info. will be coming soon.

More
10 Feb 2007 20:16 #8292 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Bionic Woman Redeux: take 2
I'm not so sure Bevin Prince has been cast in the lead role anymore. She's been listed on IMDB Pro BW 2007 page for nearly two weeks now and NBC has not released the name(s) of anybody cast in the piliot. The piliot is cast-contingent. They tried to get Jordana Brewster. If Bevin has been cast, why hasn't NBC officially announced her being cast yet? I think IMDB is wrong. The producers have to find actors that NBC itself agrees on for the show to get picked up. If they couldn't get Brewster, why would NBC settle for someone like Prince with little acting experience and no star power at all?

More
10 Feb 2007 20:50 #8294 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Bionic Woman Redeux: take 2
On a related note, Jordana Brewster might not have been available as she just signed on to star as the female lead in the TV version of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith"

ElF

I'm not so sure Bevin Prince has been cast in the lead role anymore. She's been listed on IMDB Pro BW 2007 page for nearly two weeks now and NBC has not released the name(s) of anybody cast in the piliot. The piliot is cast-contingent. They tried to get Jordana Brewster. If Bevin has been cast, why hasn't NBC officially announced her being cast yet? I think IMDB is wrong. The producers have to find actors that NBC itself agrees on for the show to get picked up. If they couldn't get Brewster, why would NBC settle for someone like Prince with little acting experience and no star power at all?

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
10 Feb 2007 21:24 #8295 by AJF
She was offered the female lead in as many as five shows, in cluding BW. She choose Mr. and Mr.s Smith. Maybe ABC offerd her more money than NBC. The networks are casting people for piliots left and right. They will have to find BW's female lead soon for the May upfronts were the netwotrks annouce their shows for the 2007-2008 season. It's anybody's gues who they pick for BW. I'm waitng for someone to review the piliot script on the internet. If the leaked script gets high praise, it could get people talking about BW like they did last year for Heroes. It's script got reviewed and look what happened to that show. Big hit for NBC. If NBC does pick up BW( which I'm pretty sure they will) they should pair with Heroes on Monday night with it following Heroes. Many Heroes fans could stick around and make BW 2007 a big ratings hit. Good idea?

More
11 Feb 2007 05:36 #8299 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!)
I would have prefered Jordana Brewster. I don't know why the next BW has to be a blonde and I', not to crazy about Bevin.

More
13 Feb 2007 08:41 #8319 by oliu99

More
13 Feb 2007 10:58 #8320 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: casting news

www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5213

Ohmygawd! Wouldya Adam an' Eve it?!? Zoe Slater!

More
13 Feb 2007 17:26 #8325 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!)
Getting straight to the, um, points...

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

More
13 Feb 2007 19:46 #8329 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!)
Oh my god i've died and gone to heaven. I do hope this is not a joke. I can't think of another person i would rather play the role. Hehe i'm so happy :D

More
14 Feb 2007 02:00 #8334 by numbtee
Replied by numbtee on topic Re: Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!)
michelle ryan is gorgeous, really tall, great legs and amazing breasts, i couldnt of picked better myself

More
14 Feb 2007 02:27 #8335 by bionicskillz
Replied by bionicskillz on topic Re: Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!)
Well, I am a happy camper. What a good choice and excellent bod.

More
14 Feb 2007 12:15 #8336 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!)
Some more pictures. Because they're nice to look at.

More
15 Feb 2007 00:49 #8340 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!)
Nice pics. Thanks for posting. She is right up your alley since she is a very hot brunette.

• Sarge395
  • Away
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
15 Feb 2007 20:49 #8346 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: Bionic Woman: Redux (Take Two!)
Seems to have been a bit of interest in the casting choice here in the UK. Quite a few of the national newspapers ran the story, with a half page spread in one, comparing Michelle with Lyndsey Wagner. The story also stated Michelle would not be dying her hair, and staying a brunette and she would be studying Martial Arts for the role. Whilst browsing the web I also came across this bit of gossip, which I thought I would post as some might find it interesting. Original thread is here www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=537338

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Some interesting stuff I've heard about the remake. Jaime's bionic replacements are similar to the original show (Both legs. Right arm. Right ear. Right eye) but she also has some chips in her head needed to help her control them. The design is going to be different: instead of circuit boards and cables her new limbs recreate each part of the original with synthetic materials (so if you skin her leg you actually see muscle forms and familiar bone structures - just not ones made out of flesh and bone).

They seem more willing to go all out with the potential of the bionics too with

spoiler:
one scene in the script seeing Jaime's arm being ripped off in a fight.

The setup is a bit changed from the original too with the OSI

spoiler:
having developed a range of 'human weapons' using different methods - some bionic, some genetically modified,some hooked on power-giving drugs. But they all escape and go on the rampage. Sarah, a prototype bionic woman is the nominal leader but they spend as much time fighting each other as they do trying to get revenge on OSI and the 'normals'.

spoiler:
Jaime appears to be a bionic woman created later who winds up having to track down and handle the others because she's the only one who can. Though, of course, she can't trust the OSI either.

More
16 Feb 2007 00:35 #8349 by AJF
I find that discrption of the show hard to believe. Only one bionic arm? producer David Eick said her ablilities would come from nanotechnolgy. I don't know where those British posters are getting teir info, but untill I read a copy of the pilot script I will be skeptical. Eick said the emphasis of the show would not be on spies and terrorists but on modern women in general.

More
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds