Amount

"Supergirl" pilot ordered for CW....

18 Oct 2006 04:44 #7016 by lfan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lfan
  • lfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
18 Oct 2006 05:57 #7020 by JKap
I thought you meant the Supergirl. Still - always good to see the genre represented on TV. And there seems to be a bit more acceptance of 'unrealistic superpowers' lately in the mainstream (aka people don't seem to get up in arms about the scientific reasons people shouldn't be able to fly the way they might have 5 or so years ago - when we seemed to be still culturally reapporaching the once uncool idea of fantasy, spandex wearing superheroes).

Anyway... this looks to be drawn directly from the 'Ball & Chain' comic of the same idea (proximity-based pair of superpowered folks). Being 2 female best friends rather than husband & wife could lend some great fuel to the fantasy fire, though. Wonder how 'super' they're going to be & if the show will ever get off the ground in the first place.

More
18 Oct 2006 15:41 #7028 by lfan
One article compared it to the "Wonder Twins" but you're probably better in your comparison -- either Ball & Chain, Proximity Effect (Top Cow) or Opposite Forces (comic series with same premise by funnypages press).

Interestingly, Ball & Ball went to casting as a pilot (starring Dan Cortese and Myndi Crist) for FOX a few years ago, but never got greenlit. Kind
of cool premise and hope they make it work.

More info as it comes....

ElF

I thought you meant the Supergirl. Still - always good to see the genre represented on TV. And there seems to be a bit more acceptance of 'unrealistic superpowers' lately in the mainstream (aka people don't seem to get up in arms about the scientific reasons people shouldn't be able to fly the way they might have 5 or so years ago - when we seemed to be still culturally reapporaching the once uncool idea of fantasy, spandex wearing superheroes).

Anyway... this looks to be drawn directly from the 'Ball & Chain' comic of the same idea (proximity-based pair of superpowered folks). Being 2 female best friends rather than husband & wife could lend some great fuel to the fantasy fire, though. Wonder how 'super' they're going to be & if the show will ever get off the ground in the first place.

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 Oct 2006 05:41 #7042 by Random321
Ohhhhhh.... That was wrong of you Lfan... I just about had a heart attack thanks to your title!

Almost as wrong as this statement: "Sex and the City" meets "Batman."
:shock: Say it isn't so. :roll:

More
19 Oct 2006 14:19 #7046 by jdrock24
It sounds like it has potential. But, as with anything else superheroine related in the "traditional" media, I'll believe it when I see it.

More
19 Oct 2006 14:45 #7048 by lfan
Agree....what's with all the female superhero series tie-ins with Sex and the City? The now ill-fated Ultra series (damn you CBS for giving us the soon-to-be-cancelled "Smith" instead!!! *) was hyped as "Sex in the City with Superheroines"

Glad to see that "Heroes" has the right idea/formula.....

* side note: Lfan likes Ray Liotta and reflects no malice on the actor by the above comment

Peace
ElF

Almost as wrong as this statement: "Sex and the City" meets "Batman."
:shock: Say it isn't so. :roll:

• lfan
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
Time to create page: 0.059 seconds