Amount

Star Trek episode with androids

29 Jan 2007 01:48 #8026 by YAGS
Star Trek episode with androids was created by YAGS
Old news, but I only just saw it for the first time, so I thought I'd post it in case any of you were also unaware. In the second season of the original Star Trek series, there's an episode called "I, Mudd" in which Kirk and the gang visit a planet occupied by thousands of human looking androids. Most of them are supposedly one particular model of android called the Alice model, so they look the same, and they were played by a pair of very attractive identical twins.

There aren't a huge number of feats of strength, but there are a few. Early on, when Kirk tries to call the Enterprise for help, one of the Alice androids grabs the communicator from his hand and crushes it in her grip. Later, there's a scene where one of the Alices drags Scotty into a room with the rest of the crew. And in a later scene, one of the Alices pushes a guy so hard that he stumbles backwards about 10 feet and lands on his butt.

As I said, not much, but the girls were very nice looking, especially in the outfits they were wearing.

YAGS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• YAGS
  • YAGS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
29 Jan 2007 03:17 #8027 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Star Trek episode with androids
Wasn't that the episode in which Spock disabled a computer by asking it to calculate the last decimal place of pi?

[ No pi key on this stupid keyboard? :x ]

More
29 Jan 2007 04:22 #8029 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Re: Star Trek episode with androids

Wasn't that the episode in which Spock disabled a computer by asking it to calculate the last decimal place of pi?

[ No pi key on this stupid keyboard? :x ]

No, but good guess. I've always been a sci-fi fan, so I finally picked up this series on DVD to see where the TV genre really got started, and I'm amazed at how many episodes feature that type of stupidity when it comes to computers. This is one of them, but not the one with the pi thing. In this one, the androids freeze up when their logic can't understand irrational human behavior, so the crew intentionally acts extra irrational to beat them.

YAGS

• YAGS
  • YAGS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
29 Jan 2007 04:24 #8030 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Re: Star Trek episode with androids
Kirk: Everything he says is a lie.

Spock: I am lying right now.

They kept giving the computer impossible problems that it could not solve
until It blew up of coure. Hardcort Thurman Mudd As I recall as they made the ulgy robot at the end to torture him that looked and sounded just lke his first wife. And then there was the trouble with Trebbles, but that story will have to wait for anothr day!

More
30 Jan 2007 00:22 #8042 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Star Trek episode with androids
Apparently the publishers of the Star Trek comic will be releasing a mini-series in which several episodes of the original series -- including "The Trouble with Tribbles" -- will be presented from the Klingons' point of view.

I'm no "Trekkie," but it sounds like an interesting idea.

More
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds