Amount

Ultra tv pilot

27 Apr 2007 23:43 #9109 by AJF
Ultra tv pilot was created by AJF
It's now on YouTube broken down into about five parts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• AJF
  • AJF's Avatar Topic Author
More
27 Apr 2007 23:57 #9110 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Re: Ultra tv pilot
Where?! Could I get, like, a "URL" here? [/url]

More
28 Apr 2007 01:25 #9111 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Ultra tv pilot
Just type Ultra tv pilot.

• AJF
More
28 Apr 2007 02:10 #9112 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Ultra tv pilot
This is link to the first part:

Five part up so far; don't know if that's all of it.

More
28 Apr 2007 02:49 #9113 by AJF
Replied by AJF on topic Ultra tv pilot
There's only five parts. I didn't like it. I can see why CBS did not pick it up.

• AJF
More
28 Apr 2007 13:10 #9114 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Ultra tv pilot
Great find. Thank you.

Lemme see. Hot model - check, flight powers - check, decent special effects - check, superstrength - check, funny - check, telekenisis - check....

If this was on TV I wouldn't have to buy every one of Randoms videos.

:)

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
30 Apr 2007 20:47 #9122 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Ultra tv pilot
Little surprised not more commentary on this ("I was out of town" was my excuse).....for a while it was just the "unaired Ultra pilot" with only a select few scathing reviews the only evidence of its existence.

Overall, wasn't TERRIBLE. I thought Lena Headley was good as the lead....effects were good as well. The "Sex and the City" celebrity part was a little too over the top (fashion scene??) which kinda made it a little more campy than it shoulda been. And the outfit? Umm......

Dunno why they chose to deviate so much from the Luna Brothers concept (costume, powers, name, ethnic background, friendships, etc), but looks like it did it in....

Still wasn't as much a crapbag as I woulda thought reading the reviews.....for uberfans, I'd say the car accident scene is a must-see!! :P

Special thanks for posting this!!!

Peace
Elf

Great find. Thank you.

Lemme see. Hot model - check, flight powers - check, decent special effects - check, superstrength - check, funny - check, telekenisis - check....

If this was on TV I wouldn't have to buy every one of Randoms videos.

:)

More
01 May 2007 05:39 #9130 by willow
Replied by willow on topic Re: Ultra tv pilot
Ack! I took a quick peek but was also out of town at the time. I did the "I'll watch it when I get back to my DSL connection." Now I am back, and it is gone....

Little surprised not more commentary on this ("I was out of town" was my excuse).....for a while it was just the "unaired Ultra pilot" with only a select few scathing reviews the only evidence of its existence.

More
01 May 2007 14:01 #9131 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: Ultra tv pilot
I saw it before it was taken down. I thought it was pretty decent. Like LFan said, everyone should see the car accident scene where she lifts a tractor trailer and tosses it off to the side.

I really didn't like the celebrity superhero angle either. I mean, when was she supposed to fight crime when she's filming commercials all the time?

More
01 May 2007 16:26 #9133 by ty110072
Replied by ty110072 on topic i grabed it
I thought it was ok i wish they would have continued with it anyway, i grabed it from youtube and converted it to avi. ill see if i can post it somewhere. but ive been busy with work and havent had much time latly. still working on posting stuff from teminatrix movie. so I can make any promises when. but when im able to get to it

More
01 May 2007 18:46 #9134 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: i grabed it
Ty,

You and Cnnjack are awesome!!! :P Keep up the great work!!

ElF

I thought it was ok i wish they would have continued with it anyway, i grabed it from youtube and converted it to avi. ill see if i can post it somewhere. but ive been busy with work and havent had much time latly. still working on posting stuff from teminatrix movie. so I can make any promises when. but when im able to get to it

More
02 May 2007 00:24 #9139 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: Ultra tv pilot
Oh please Ty!

(I couldn't get to youtube before the clips got pulled :x It seems it's pretty interesting viewing)

More
02 May 2007 11:54 #9145 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic Ultra TV
Hello all,
I have decided to help TY, since he is busy with other things, and post the 5 parts of Ultra for everyone. They are in mpeg format since I burned all the parts on DVD (woohoo!) So, here ya all go, I hope this dl works for everyone. :)

Fonzie

www.megaupload.com/?d=APOXXGJV

More
02 May 2007 12:47 #9146 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Ultra TV
Thanks Fonzie!!! Much appreciated!!!

ElF

Hello all,
I have decided to help TY, since he is busy with other things, and post the 5 parts of Ultra for everyone. They are in mpeg format since I burned all the parts on DVD (woohoo!) So, here ya all go, I hope this dl works for everyone. :)

Fonzie

More
02 May 2007 14:36 #9148 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: Ultra TV

So, here ya all go, I hope this dl works for everyone. :)

Fonzie

Heyyyyyy! Works for me :D

Thanks so much, Fonzie!

Can you fix my jukebox too?

More
02 May 2007 22:03 #9150 by jj_manus
Replied by jj_manus on topic Anybody get a chance to capture it?
YouTube says:

"This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

Did anybody happen to download it?

More
03 May 2007 03:27 #9151 by yaracyrrah
Replied by yaracyrrah on topic Re: Ultra tv pilot

everyone should see the car accident scene where she lifts a tractor trailer and tosses it off to the side

Would it be possible for someone to clip just this scene and upload it?

--Y

More
03 May 2007 03:27 #9152 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Anybody get a chance to capture it?
Fonzie did! And was gracious enough to share: www.megaupload.com/?d=APOXXGJV

ElF

YouTube says:

More
03 May 2007 19:31 #9153 by mercblue22
Replied by mercblue22 on topic Ultra TV Review
Hehe, everyone is welcooooooooooome for the link. :P

Now, my turn to give my opinion about the Ultra TV Pilot. First off, I give it a B for a few reasons.

First off, I LOOOVED the strength scenes in the pilot, WOW, well done!!! @@

Secondly, the woman chosen was really sexy and did a nice job capturing the persona of Pearl Penalosa.

And finally, I did enjoy the narration of Pearl throughout the episode. It might have been a little too much for some to deal with, but we had to go through that in order to capture Pearl's reactions to having these superpowers.

Now, the CONS
First, I HATE shows that do NOT stick to the original character. She should have been latina, and that horrid white costume, eeew. I wanted to see that awesome maroon costume, with the boots and skirt.

Secondly, those who know me also know how much an alter-egos fan I am, so, that too should have been protected, but, the comicbook didn't focus on that so, I'll live. :P

And finally, and most important, I'm NOT a fan of sex in the city, but we need more heroic action rather then 'why me, why do I have these powers...I want to be a normal girl' yawners. Yes, I said before I enjoyed the dialogue but 22 mins of talk, talk, talk and 2 mins of superaction, not very Super. Not to mention, if Pearl's co-Supers got into the pilot, eek, we'd for sure have a SITC re-inactment, shopping, hot guys, using my powers to get hot guys...eeww.

But, overall, I give it a B, and though CBS did not pick this up, it was still nice to see a female in a SUPER role. :)

Fonzie

More
03 May 2007 20:41 #9154 by dauntingmold
Replied by dauntingmold on topic Re: Ultra tv pilot
Great work Fonzie thanks for the link. I didn't mange to catch it on YouTube before it was taken down so i'll look forward to watching it once its downloaded, if only for the 2 mins of super action.

More
03 May 2007 21:19 #9155 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Ultra TV

Hello all,

Fonzie

I'm confused. I just get the home page for some German site.

More
03 May 2007 23:29 #9156 by Grayface
Replied by Grayface on topic Re: Ultra TV

Hello all,

Fonzie

I'm confused. I just get the home page for some German site.

thats normal for me! I mean being confused not seeing german home pages. Anyhow see near the top of the page it says MEGAUPLOAD please enter: <then 3 random leters> here: <enter the 3 leters you see and press enter> then wait for the timer to rundown and your DL should start. and that shuld do it for the DL

More
04 May 2007 11:08 #9158 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: Ultra tv pilot
Brantley, was ist dein Problem? Es koennte nicht einfacher sein!

Fonzie, thanks for all that work. I'm really glad you did it even if, as everyone says, there were only 2 minutes of really "interesting" stuff there. But, a great two minutes. Loved the truck lift, but also the moment she discovers that she has superstrength. Shame the other thug just ran off though...

I agree they could have done so much better with her costume.

Oh, and I thought Cryptic man was worse than awful. He should have been called Septic man. A boring, self-absorbed cliched character portrayed by an "actor" text-messaging in his performance. Everytime he appeared I wanted to punch my monitor.

Overall though, 2 minutes of action featuring a far-from-unpleasant-to-look-at ubergirl. So, well worth it.

Thanks again Fonzie.

More
04 May 2007 11:12 #9159 by conceptfan
Replied by conceptfan on topic Re: Anybody get a chance to capture it?

YouTube says:

JJ! Long time no read! How are you doing? Any chance of you getting back into the writing thing? Would love to read more Janie, Wendy, Penny...

More
04 May 2007 15:29 #9160 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Anybody get a chance to capture it?

JJ! Long time no read! How are you doing? Any chance of you getting back into the writing thing? Would love to read more Janie, Wendy, Penny...

Oh yeah, "I Dream of Janie." Didn't even know you had your old site back. For those who miss it:

www.geocities.com/jj_manus/

More
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds