Amount

Ursa

05 Nov 2005 20:24 #3356 by dr lazarus
Ursa was created by dr lazarus
I think Ursa (Sarah Douglas) from Superman II started off my interest in superwomen. She was definitely a big influence. She was just so evil. The English accent was also a plus. I love the scene where kicks the astronaut across the Moon. Also the arm-wrestling scene was good, though of course I wish she would've been the one to throw the guy through the wall, instead of Zod. And the scene in the White House when she casually squeezes Lex Luthor's hand, and you hear that "crunching" sound. And the scene in the Daily Planet when Lois punches her and you hear that sound, like she just punched solid steel. Actually I wish the whole movie would've been about her.

Ursa. Her time has come.
www.facebook.com/UrsaFans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dr lazarus
  • dr lazarus's Avatar Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2005 22:57 #3359 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Agreed
Ursa was a big early influence on me, also. My favorite scene is still where she blows the heclicoptor out of the sky. I liked the astronaut scene a lot, too. Also, the fight in the city was awesome, with her slamming Superman with the frisbeed manhole cover, and also picking up the bus to throw it at him.

Also, maybe I'm imagining it, but I could swear there were a couple of extra scenes that never made it on to the DVD. I specifically remember that there was an extra scene in the small town after the arm wrestling bit and before the tv crew and army showed up.

Zod announces that he's taking over and no one's allowed to leave, but the boy who was in the town scenes ignores him and tries to ride away on a horse to get help. One of the baddies throws something at him from an insane distance, and he explodes. Some lady says something like "He was only a boy", and Ursa replies excitedely with "He'll never become a man" or something like that. I specifically remember that scene because of how excited Ursa seemed when she said that. That evil attitude really got my attention.

I think this scene may have been in some "director's cut" tape back when the movie first came out on videotape in the early 80's, and it's just never been on any version since.

Anyone else remember this, or did I just dream it? :P

YAGS

More
05 Nov 2005 23:10 #3361 by dr lazarus
Replied by dr lazarus on topic Re: Ursa

Zod announces that he's taking over and no one's allowed to leave, but the boy who was in the town scenes ignores him and tries to ride away on a horse to get help. One of the baddies throws something at him from an insane distance, and he explodes. Some lady says something like "He was only a boy", and Ursa replies excitedely with "He'll never become a man" or something like that. I specifically remember that scene because of how excited Ursa seemed when she said that. That evil attitude really got my attention.

I remember that scene as well. Actually I could swear I saw that scene in the movie version (though I was just a young kid when I saw it in the theater, and I could be mistaken), or maybe it was the TV/video version, but I definitely remember it. I also remember a scene where they're on the Moon discussing what they plan to do when they get to Earth, and Ursa responds to something Zod said, saying "Yes, and men to kill."

(I don't own the DVD. I used to own the VHS tape, but I lost it. I need to get this on DVD)

Ursa. Her time has come.
www.facebook.com/UrsaFans

• dr lazarus
  • dr lazarus's Avatar Topic Author
More
20 Jun 2006 19:02 #5863 by mick lightweight
Replied by mick lightweight on topic Re: Ursa
I've never ever seen this scene in the Superman 2 film. This might be in a DVD version in the UK or even possibly available to download of the net. My favourite scene with Ursa was when she picks up that bus with all the passengers still in it. Brilliant.

More
29 Aug 2007 02:57 #10133 by arvin sloane
Replied by arvin sloane on topic Re: Ursa
The Riched Donner version DVD that was released recently had some longer scenes of ursa in the with house, including some guy knelling and kinda beggind for her not to hurt him, but she kicks himanyway! :twisted:

"If you threaten our son again, I'll put my heel through your skull"

More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds