Amount

Jennifer Aniston

27 Sep 2005 19:51 #2771 by Evelyn
Replied by Evelyn on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston
Well, I like to have the stories a little more "down to earth" literally than most writers. The gold rule seemed a bit contrived. Not all parts of the body should be literally invulnerable. Under the gold rule, how would you get your hair done? Waxing anywhere would certainly be out of the question. Maybe it would be different, but a supergirl should do pretty much the same things as a normal girl, only more so.

So I like to stay away from space and prefer to see stories set in real places like apartments, tropical beaches, riding stables, restaurants and offices. That minimizes the number of artificial rules, and makes the story more like real life. And would we all like to see our stories happen in real life?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2005 19:57 #2772 by angels
Replied by angels on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston
There was so many good things that went with such a simple and down to earth premise. I liked that everyone in the family knew and interacted with that and you wrote the responses so well for how a typical suburbia family that most of us have would react to having a supergirl in their midst. It was a high schooler story and you wrote precisely like a 16 year old high schooler would think... then added the super to it. I'm rereading it now to add to this list, but I liked the small-town feel of the setting since that hit home quite a bit to my upbringing, not to mention the humanity you bring to the character since for all intents and purposes, she was human until that summer.

"I’m not sure if it was the shock of finding out who I really was or if it was the realization that he had dumped me, "

And that right there is my favorite part.

I could go on forever... I just hope you start writing again. The friends thing would be a great way to kick it off again or jump in on one of the interactive stories... either way, good to see you again!

More
27 Sep 2005 20:15 #2773 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston
There was once a story called THE FARMYARD, by Starfox, that had kind of the same feel to it. It was also posted at Infinity Bridge. But Starfox had it taken down because he didn't think it was any good. A shame.

Then there are promising stories abandoned by their authors, like WAIFS AND ESTRAYS by WordMouse (who's still around at AU Readers but rarely posts) and PERSEPHONE by Pallas Athena (who seems to have vanished; I think Tarot Barnes was the only one who had any real contact with her.). I'd love to have run them at THE BRIGHT EMPIRE if they'd been finished.

More
27 Sep 2005 20:25 #2774 by Evelyn
Well, I'll be happy to start writing again, time permitting. Maybe all of you can help me with some illustrations. I worked with Sharon on the first couple of stories, wrote a few of my own about what would happen if Princess Diana became a superwoman. As fate would have it, it was almost exactly at the time of her fatal accident. So, those stories were suddenly inappropriate. I wrote one about Monica Lewinski taking her revenge against the Washington DC set. It wasn't that good.

Teenage supergirls are so easy to write because the world is so simple at that age. I remember exactly what it was like and the excitement and disappointment of boys and relationships. Imagining myself as a sixteen year old girl who suddenly becomes Supergirl is very easy. Of course it would change everything, and you just might succumb to the temptation to use your superpowers for a little bit of harmless (and not so harmless) fun. And of course, now you look incredible in anything you wear. Every time I think of that scene I remember the feeling of anxiety and anticipation the first time I went to the beach with a mixed group (i.e. m/f)of friends and wore a string bikini for the first time.

So I like the stories as realistic as possible and a little on the sweet side - as if Disney was going to make a movie of it - well not quite that sweet.

More
27 Sep 2005 20:33 #2775 by angels
I remember the Monica Lewinski one and enjoyed it for the reasons you described - it was light and fun and with characters we knew (whether in the public eye or they hit a personal note). Did you ever do a second part to that one?

What are some of the other ideas you've been working on? If anything this is definitely the forum to get some fantastic feedback.

More
27 Sep 2005 20:59 #2778 by brantley
I think she started a second part, but by that time the whole Monica thing had faded from public consciousness.

And yet, my wife still gets a chuckle out of Clinton's outrageousness ("I don't know Paula Jones. Never met her in my life. But she's trailer trash!").

I once met Bill Mumy (once of LOST IN SPACE and later of BABYLON 5), so I had to tell him my joke about the Clinton White House having bought the robot from LOST IN SPACE. Every time he looked funny at an intern, the robot would say, "Danger, Bill Clinton! Danger!"

--Brantley

More
27 Sep 2005 21:02 #2779 by Evelyn
I wrote a second Monica story but don't think I sent it to anyone.

I did write a number of stories that I never sent out about a girl working under deep cover for the CIA who is enhanced into Supergirl under a program to create super-undercover agents. It's a story of an unlikely supergirl - not tall and blonde and from a poor background - who finds herself as the sole successful enhancement. She has an Irish background and savage temper that she keeps hidden most of the time. She loves the guy she shares her office with and he's in love with Supergirl but doesn't know it's her. The series starts with her enhancement and goes on to revealing herself to the man she loves and what happens to him because of it. It's the story of what happens to a poor, pretty but not beautiful girl who suddenly finds herself with the strength and powers of Supergirl...along with great wealth. And how the CIA tries to keep her under control. Suddenly she has everything she's ever dreamt of (and more) and now has to find a way to deal with it.

I don't know if it's any good...what do you think of the plot? It's definitely not light stuff.

More
27 Sep 2005 21:16 #2781 by angels
I would say it sounds awesome and you need to get it and the monica part 2 story into the storybank as quick as possible!

More
27 Sep 2005 21:30 #2783 by Will
Replied by Will on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston
Wow, Evelyn! You're quite a writer! And you seem to have quite a fan base. How about turning Jennifer Aniston/Rachel Green into Supergirl in the Friends setting?

More
27 Sep 2005 21:54 #2785 by Evelyn
Sure...I'll give it a try. Jennifer Aniston as Supergirl.

By the way...I also wrote one inverse story - like Moxie's Superboy stories. I wrote a story where Princess Diana has an affair with Superman and rubs Charles' face in it. Thought it was rather sexy with a good seduction scene.

More
27 Sep 2005 21:55 #2786 by angels
would you also consider uploading your other stories to the bank? I know there are a lot of readers who would love to see more work of yours.

More
27 Sep 2005 22:07 #2787 by brantley
Since this whole thing started with Jennifer Ashton, I guess you owe her! But that CIA story sounds interestng.....

--Brantley

More
27 Sep 2005 22:23 #2788 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston

would you also consider uploading your other stories to the bank? I know there are a lot of readers who would love to see more work of yours.

Please?

More
27 Sep 2005 22:33 #2789 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston
I second that!

bully_pup -- Kelly

More
28 Sep 2005 01:50 #2800 by Evelyn
Gee...I guess I've got some writing to do! But before i do, let me give you my idea of who Supergirl really is. This is the Evelyn's Universe view of the one and only Supergirl.

First and formost, she's a woman. And a woman who enjoys having fun, particularly fun with men. And she enjoys the art of being a woman. She's a bit like the part Kim Catrell plays in "Sex in the City". Simply as a woman, she's totally and completely confident. She knows fashion and how she looks best. When Supergirl is in the form of her alter ego, she can be dressed in a very demure and business-like way...or breathtakingly sexy.

And then there's the Super part of Supergirl:

She loves having superhuman strength. Supergirl isn't sure how many thousands of times stronger she is than a mere mortal man but she loves the fact that the power of her muscles makes the strongest man on earth a trivial weakling compared to her. Supergirl adores the look of amazement she gets from men when she effortlessly bends steel in front of them with her bare hands. And the looks of admiration that she receives from other women. Other women admire and envy her - her costumes are the talk of daytime talk shows - and her secret private life is a matter of dreamy speculation.

Supergirl loves being able to fly - into space if need be - or simply fast enough to easily overtake a jet fighter and waive to the pilot. She's thrilled when a crowd points to her in the sky and yell "It's Supergirl!"

The Girl of Steel loves being invulnerable. The feeling of bullets on her body stimulates her...especially when striking her breasts. It nearly always makes her smile in a condescending sort of way.

She loves having superspeed, because if allows her to not only change into costume in the blink of an eye, but also to change from her blouse and denim skirt to an evening gown in a microsecond for a night out.

She loves to be able to see through things and not just to check out men.

In short, Supergirl is completely unique...in Evelyn's Universe there is no one else, male or female, even vaguely like her. Supergirl is simply the physical strength of tens of thousands of men combined with the gentle feminity of the most refined, cultured and beautiful woman.

Well, that's this woman's view anyway...and that's how I like to write about her...(or me as I like to dream).

More
28 Sep 2005 03:04 #2801 by brantley
Hear, hear!

A manifesto I can heartily approve.

More
28 Sep 2005 06:59 #2802 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston
Yeah, I can get on board with that! She paints a pretty vivid picture!

bully_pup -- Kelly

More
28 Sep 2005 13:20 #2821 by brantley
I don't think I've ever seen a groundswell like this at any superheroine board.

--Brantley

More
28 Sep 2005 15:51 #2824 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: Jennifer Aniston
Hi Evelyn! I really liked your Paul series too. It's a funny coincidence that your writing about a government made supergirl, cause I am too!! :) I had the idea of Bionic Girl. She's not quite as powerful as the supergirls that most here like, but imagine a 5'7" tall She-Hulk. A college girl who somehow has to balance homework with covert missions.

I don't seem to get much out becuase I try to take on too much at once. Walkin Tall 2 is coming Brantley! I promise.

You know, I think it would be interesting to see what the girl from "Paul" is up to now that she's older. :wink:

More
28 Sep 2005 16:08 #2825 by Evelyn
Thanks Ultragirl! My writing is aimed at how things would be different for a supergirl in everyday circumstances, rather than adventures in space. I'm a bit retro in my tastes.

My CIA story is actually built around a romance that a friend of mine had. The physical descriptions of her in the text are not typical Supergirl dimensions.

Do you have a Supergirl manifesto of your own?

More
28 Sep 2005 17:27 #2826 by brantley
Hey, Ultragirl and Evelyn! I was just thinking of trying to bring you two together. I think you're soul sisters. Who knows, maybe you could even collaborate some time.....

Strange how things work out!

More
28 Sep 2005 17:31 #2827 by brantley
PS to Evelyn

Paul 2 and Paul 3 are still at Infinity Bridge, but not linked to the first story -- you have to add the numbers 2 and 3 after "Paul" in the URL, then hit the return key. You had started Paul 4 inb 2003, but I don't think you ever finished it.

--Brantley

More
28 Sep 2005 18:01 #2828 by Evelyn
Yes...I'm afraid I got stuck on the invulnerability rule - that every part of SG's body is equally and totally invulnerable. (Obviously not true)That spoiled it and it was the central dilemma of the story.

More
28 Sep 2005 18:15 #2829 by angels
but you did finish the other ones... any chance we could get a chance to read those? :wink:

More
29 Sep 2005 14:30 #2845 by Evelyn
I'll look through what I've written and see what I think is good enough to post.

More
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds