Amount

Best story you've read

21 Aug 2009 20:26 #16451 by JKIJ
Replied by JKIJ on topic Re: Best story you've read
So many great stories have been named here. I'm not sure what the best I've read is (I've never been very good at saying whether on story is better than another) but my favourite (meaning the ones I read most oftern) stories are probably "The Supergirl of Smallville", "Turnabout is Fair Play", "Infinity Girl" and "Serena". There's loads of others that I love, but I don't read them quite as often.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2009 20:11 #16470 by inactive
Replied by inactive on topic Re: Best story you've read
This is a tough one. "Best" doesn't always mean "Favorite"... This will be a rambling post.

It will come as no surprise that I am fond of Conceptfan's stories, although I always preferred his shorter stories.

Hostile Takeover
and
The Groupie

are two favorites.

Mob Girl by Dru, particularly the early chapters, was an early fave.

Other early stories, particularly Velorian stuff is lost to time and memory. There is a story I cannot remember the name of which featured a pitched battle between an Arion Prime and human forces in the first chapter.

Das Übermädchen is a recent fave from AK.

Argonaut has helped me rediscover a love of "good" supergirls. I think his stories are among the best written in the genre. I particularly enjoyed. Snow Angel .

I wish Super Jen by lfan had continued.

Apologies to anybody not listed here, my memory sucks, but I have almost certainly enjoyed one of your stories.

- GeekSeven

More
25 Aug 2009 05:53 #16481 by randomness
Replied by randomness on topic Re: Best story you've read
i have way too many favorite stories too so i cant really compile a favorites list.

i just wanted to mention that Sandra by Dru would definitely be one of the top on my list. it's a different story than Stealing from a Thief, which is also excellent, as is Not the One and Mob Girl, damn i luv all of Dru's stories, he's too good!
I think Sandra might be one of Dru's earlier works and just when you think it can't get any better than this, he goes and makes it exponentially better each next chapter. This story instilled in me that the simplest title can lead to the most amazing story ever.

Sandra chapter 1: hilda.thevalkyrie.com/~xtreme/stories/othrauth/dru/sandra1.txt

Sandra chapter 2: hilda.thevalkyrie.com/~xtreme/stories/othrauth/dru/sandra2.txt

Sandra chapter 3: hilda.thevalkyrie.com/~xtreme/stories/othrauth/dru/sandra3.txt

I know I just said that I can't really compile a list, but the more that I think about this topic, the more memorable stories pop into my head, so I guess I'll just rattle off a list of my favorites. Many of these authors I thoroughly enjoyed all their stories, but I'll just pick the most memorable one for me:

The Improbable Woman by Sean Porter
Computer Toy by Pat Mellon
The Law of Fives by Grayface
The Drug by Paul Smith
The Super Models by Conceptfan
The Story of Christina Macallister Part 2 by 008
I Dream of Janey by Jay Manus
Galaxy by Whitepaw
DBUG by Marknew
More than Mortal by Stoneyman
Not the One by Dru
The Project by DKC

More
25 Aug 2009 13:29 #16487 by Susan Donym
Replied by Susan Donym on topic Re: Best story you've read
Probably Infinity Crisis by DKC if I had to pick just one

More
25 Aug 2009 23:30 #16510 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Best story you've read

Serena Chapters 3 & 4 written by lfan !
I'm liking my lips per anticipation

Isn't there a Chapter 5 to this series?

Starts like this:

Serena was growing more and more accustomed to her new found superpowers, and was able to make it all the way from Venice Beach to her apartment in San Francisco in just about five minutes. Putting her clothes back on as she hovered above the cloud line, she scanned her building for any signs of Jennifer Benson (aka Hyperwoman). Nothing. Serena wasn't sure how to handle the situation. Would Jennifer be pissed off that someone else stole her formula? "I sure as hell would be," she reasoned. And as amazed and confident with her new powers as she was... the thought of an actual confrontation with the real Hyperwoman was enough to send chills up Serena's spine.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
26 Aug 2009 01:02 #16519 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: Best story you've read
I forgot how far I got on that. All I had to go on were the 2 chapters posted here. And I can't remember how much of the story I'd written versus how much of it was still just in my head.

If anyone has chapter 5 (I think that was the last one), could you PM it to me? Thx!

More
26 Aug 2009 17:14 #16528 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Best story you've read
Thanks for those, Lfan. They are posted now in the storybank!

ADMIN

Even better than by me -- they are by Yosh!! I had them from when I hosted SGI way back when. I forwarded them to admin but have not heard back.

ElF

Serena Chapters 3 & 4 written by lfan !
I'm liking my lips per anticipation

More
27 Aug 2009 08:04 #16537 by Raa
Replied by Raa on topic Re: Best story you've read

In my opinion, the best stories I've read so far, in no particular order (but I'm looking forward to read some other good ones)
- Death of Lois Lane Kent
- Lois' time to fly
- The Super One

Here a picture I just found that could match up to either of this 2 stories. I believe more so of Lois' time to fly than Death of Lois Lane Kent.

www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Pi...49888&GSub=84530

More
27 Aug 2009 09:07 #16538 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Best story you've read

Starts like this:

Serena was growing more and more accustomed to her new found superpowers, and was able to make it all the way from Venice Beach to her apartment in San Francisco in just about five minutes. Putting her clothes back on as she hovered above the cloud line, she scanned her building for any signs of Jennifer Benson (aka Hyperwoman). Nothing. Serena wasn't sure how to handle the situation. Would Jennifer be pissed off that someone else stole her formula? "I sure as hell would be," she reasoned. And as amazed and confident with her new powers as she was... the thought of an actual confrontation with the real Hyperwoman was enough to send chills up Serena's spine.

I forgot how far I got on that. All I had to go on were the 2 chapters posted here. And I can't remember how much of the story I'd written versus how much of it was still just in my head.

If anyone has chapter 5 (I think that was the last one), could you PM it to me? Thx!

:shock: :shock: What!!! :shock: :shock: There was a Chapter 5, I've never read it. Now I hope that someone in this community have it stored on his HD.

More
28 Aug 2009 13:47 #16560 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Best story you've read
If anyone sends me Chapter 5 (and Yosh's permission), I'll be happy to post more.

ADMIN

Starts like this:

:shock: :shock: What!!! :shock: :shock: There was a Chapter 5, I've never read it. Now I hope that someone in this community have it stored on his HD.

More
28 Aug 2009 14:39 #16561 by Raa
I believe I have it on one of my old HD just laying around my place. It will take me a couple days to search all of them.

More
28 Aug 2009 14:40 #16562 by Raa
If I recall the story correctly it is when she decides to drop in on here best friend.

More
28 Aug 2009 20:22 #16566 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Best story you've read
I sent it to Yosh. :D

If anyone sends me Chapter 5 (and Yosh's permission), I'll be happy to post more.

ADMIN

Starts like this:

• Sarge395
More
28 Aug 2009 21:38 #16567 by yohashuan
Replied by yohashuan on topic Re: Best story you've read
If anyone who has chapters 5 and 6 want to send them to Admin, then it's fine by me if they get posted. I'm pretty sure those are the last two.

Though I do have to say I wasn't happy with the later chapters - starting with chapter 4 - and felt the story was heading in the wrong direction. Also just felt that the story itself had some fundamental flaws that couldn't be corrected without a total overhaul, so that's why I lost steam and eventually gave up on it. If (when) I get around to doing more writing, I'll likely either start this one over from the beginning, or just lift pieces out altogether to be used as ingredients in a brand new story.

But again, that's my own personal opinion and everyone is their own worst critic, so I won't let my frustrations with the story stand in the way of having it re-posted for everyone to read. It does feel nice to see so many people putting Serena on their 'favorites' list. Thanks fellow super-pervs! :)

More
28 Aug 2009 23:34 #16569 by kern286
Replied by kern286 on topic Re: Best story you've read
I had a lot of great stories but my EX wife deleted them all. Got most of my favorites back but cant find the old AU stories any where

My other favorites are the Moxxie stories
Starla
Megan’s muscle
Suanne

If any one has the AU stories please let me know

More
28 Aug 2009 23:40 #16570 by Raa

It does feel nice to see so many people putting Serena on their 'favorites' list.

I have to agree. I only wrote one story a long time ago and it was nice to see if make the list.

More
29 Aug 2009 08:21 #16572 by Captain Marbles
Replied by Captain Marbles on topic Re: Best story you've read
This one

ursasworld.com/fiction.html

I just wish "Mortal" would update his site. I'd really love to read more adventures of Ursa!

More
30 Aug 2009 01:19 #16578 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Re: Best story you've read

I believe I have it on one of my old HD just laying around my place. It will take me a couple days to search all of them.

I sent it to Yosh. :D

ADMIN

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: What can I say? Halleluja :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

More
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds