Amount

Randolph and Kim

02 Mar 2019 13:50 #63040 by Monty
Replied by Monty on topic Randolph and Kim
Having read Conceptfan's post about good descriptive story building and how to connect well with the reader through life-like narrative, I was looking for a suitable place to post this;

Every time I see a gasoline fuel tanker passing on the road or supplying fuel in a garage forecourt, I automatically think of Kim. I even look at the size of the wheels, the steel supports of the undercarriage, the size of the cylindrical gasoline tank, and think WOW! Even after all the years since I first read that scene. Does anyone else have the same fuel tanker-studying thoughts, even obsession, or is it just me?

A great example of CF's brilliant descriptive work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: conceptfan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2019 18:44 #63041 by derekh48
Replied by derekh48 on topic Randolph and Kim
we really need an update to this story line
The following user(s) said Thank You: conceptfan

More
03 Mar 2019 04:20 #63042 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Randolph and Kim
If you like Supergirls and tankers, check out D_K_C’s Ifinity Crisis Part Five on this site.

More
03 Mar 2019 05:01 #63044 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Randolph and Kim
Or Part 8 of Circes Cup's Deep Down Inside!

More
04 Mar 2019 20:21 #63048 by hdmk2
Replied by hdmk2 on topic Randolph and Kim
I think you mean part 9, but yes good point!

More
04 Mar 2019 22:03 #63050 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Randolph and Kim

hdmk2 wrote: I think you mean part 9, but yes good point!

Hdmk2;  I absolutely love the avatar you've chosen. It makes me very happy given that I commissioned that image about 25 years ago, starting with the model Daniella Pestova holding a ball. The artist turned the ball to steel, made the finger depressions and added in the appropriate red and blues.

I hadn't expected too much, but I thought the artist did brilliant work and I happily paid him a bonus. 

To see it resurface as your avatar is pure joy. I shared it freely on the Net back in the 90's, hoping people would enjoy it, but I haven't seen it surface too many times. You made my day. 

Just shows that great images are great forever. 

Here's another take that we did on those base images, with the metal glowing from the heat of the incredible compression of her grip. 

Shadar

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: conceptfan, Sarge395, Ravens_ghost, TwiceOnThursdays, cristian01984, RD, guimachajo1

More
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds