Amount

A bit about myself

08 Feb 2005 00:09 #14 by conceptfan
A bit about myself was created by conceptfan
OK, I'll step up to the plate first.

<Ahem>My name is Conceptfan and I am an evil superfemale addict.

I live in London and outside of this genre, my interests include watching football (soccer), music, and being intoxicated. I'm in my thirties and I've travelled a bit but not enough. I did once see three football matches in 3 different countries on 3 consecutive days.

Who's next?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• conceptfan
  • conceptfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
08 Feb 2005 01:49 #17 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Re: A bit about myself
Hi - Im from the UK too and Ive been a bit of a lurker on the sginc forums for quite a while although thats mainly because I could never get registered for some reason! I did post a couple of times as guest (although that wasn't me complaining about Mandi Steele!) mainly asking for evil Supergirl Vs Supergirl movies...I'm still waiting but one day...one day!

More
09 Feb 2005 02:38 #27 by angels
Replied by angels on topic hiya
I'm a 22 year old college student in the midwest of the US of A. I'm studying audio engineering and digital recording but I dabble a lot in graphics, web design, and have a hidden passion for writing. I've lurked in the genre for quite a few years (since early Velorian Universe and pre-"Julie") but never stepped up, as I find the authors seem to do a much better job than ever could. One day I hope to post an updated (or at least heavily edited) of some stories I wrote in early college, but in the meantime I want to contribute my opinions and especially praise to the writers we're lucky enough to have.

I'm a huge fan of Yoshuan's "Serena", most of AK's work, early Shadar, and some of the less gory conceptfan work. I love the writer's workshops that lfan has brought into play and commend every single author for amazing works and I plan to one day submit one on my own.

I ran out of things to say. Onto exploring the rest of this board!

More
09 Feb 2005 10:59 #42 by agentd
Replied by agentd on topic Re: A bit about myself
well the low down on me? 22 male from the arse end of England, history graduate cum bartender. Don't know why i'm into all this jazz, but i am, allways saying i'll do something, but never do.

More
09 Feb 2005 12:02 #43 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: A bit about myself
I'm Brantley Thompson Elkins. proprietor of The Bright Empire, which has been hosted for the past two years by Ubergirls but will be moving to a new address, www.brightempire.com, as soon as I can familiarize myself with the software for managing the site.

I'm the éminence grisé here, 63 years old, but I've found romance with a fellow writer, Velvet Belle Tree. I encountered the Aurora Universe three years ago, back when the Artist Formerly Known as Sharon was holding forth as a 30-something lesbian. "She" seduced me into writing for her site with "The Defector," and hosted three more of my stories befiore "she" vanished -- only to resurface a few months later as Shadar. During the Break, Greg set me up here with my own site, and I've continued my own writing career and, in the spirit of mutual aid, encouraged other writers.

WHILE THE EVIL DAYS COME NOT, my first book, will be appearing soon -- it's just waiting on "cover" art. An uberbabe story, but NOT an AU story. Like all my writing, it's meant to be both entertaining and thoughtful -- I see no reason why thrillers and erotic fiction can't be an ethical exercise.

More
10 Feb 2005 06:14 #61 by ultragirl
Replied by ultragirl on topic Re: A bit about myself
Okay, okay. I'm a 20 year old college student studying vocal performance. Brantley has found a sample of my voice at the ARTS website. My actual name is Tracy. There are some who don't believe I'm female, but I don't really care. :P I work at the YMCA and I have a boyfriend who is in the military. I wrote Obsolete on the last workshop and I'm currently attempting to work on a supergirl version of Walking Tall. (I love The Rock, he's so yummy!) I also have plans for a Bionic Girl story later on.

More
10 Feb 2005 11:55 #63 by ck
Replied by ck on topic Re: A bit about myself
I'm CK (or Cyclonekath if you prefer, trying to shorten the ol' handle), 26 year old male from Australia working in the exciting and well respected field that is ISP phone tech support (and if you believe that I've got a bridge or two for sale).

I can draw well enough that you can recognize what I intend (vaguely) and I can write reasonably well (even if try to be a tad akwardly invent in phrases from time to time), but nothing more

CK

More
11 Feb 2005 03:47 #78 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: A bit about myself
Hello. I'm Argonaut. I'm 26 years old, I live in Massachusetts, and I'm enrolled in a graduate program in mathematics.

I stumbled upon "Supergirls, Incorporated" about six months ago -- which led me to other "genre" related sites (Conceptfan, Julie of Velor, Bright Empire). I haven't had a lot of time for discretionary reading lately, but I'm excited by much of what I've read so far and look forward to reading more.

I wrote "How Atalanta Kept the Bridge" for the last workshop. It was my first attempt at writing fiction of any kind. Parts of the story seemed to write themselves, other parts called for a lot of revision, but I had a lot of fun doing it. To anyone who's ever toyed with the idea of writing a story, I say: Just sit down and start doing it! You'll learn as you go along.

Definitely planning to continue the adventures of Atalanta ...

What else? I'm obviously a math geek. I read a lot and I follow baseball. I'm a lifelong Red Sox fan, so I can now officially die happy.
I have an odd, eclectic set of interests. (Anyone who's read "Atalanta" can guess that they include classical mythology and literature. My moniker references both Supergirl's home town Argo City and the heroes who embarked on the quest for the Golden Fleece ... whom Atalanta may join in a future installment.)

OK, that's probably more than anyone wants to know. I just want to add that I'm happy to have found this peculiar little community. To everybody who's contributed stories, artwork, or whatnot -- thanks!

Argonaut

More
16 Feb 2005 16:00 #123 by jdrock24
Replied by jdrock24 on topic Re: A bit about myself
Okay, let's see what I can let go about myself:

I'm in my very low 30s. I have a wife and a dog. I've managed to nestle myself comfortably into a suburbian lifestyle in the Midwest section of the United States. I was a regular poster on the Ubergirls forum and have been a part of this genre (i.e. lurker) since at least the beginning of the Aurora Universe days (which I think was in the ealy to mid nineties). I have been known to conspire with another UK chap named Gooner in the Ubergirls chat room to pry information from LFan on any upcoming developments in the community. Usually, we failed, but every once in a while, we were successfull. I look forward to posting here and continuing to appreciate the many works of those that are much more talented than me.

P.S. A special thanks to Greg at Ubergirls for those golden years when his site was in full swing and his help in finally coming up with a solution that allowed me to access this site. Greg, if we should ever meet in person, the first round is on me.

More
17 Feb 2005 03:55 #135 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic About myself
Hello all,

I've been a huge Sharon (Shadrock) fan since that site was discovered years ago. Not sure why superheroines excited me so much. Maybe when I was hitting that special age of facial hair growth and body smells I was reading too many Supergirl/Wonder Woman/Mighty Isis comics.

Then I branched out to SG Inc and Ubergirls.org and on and on. More and more the web expanded as did the lurkers. Never did write anything but I am a big fan and try to post regularly.

I am a mid 30's guy living in the US of A. I'm also an Army Reserve officer who did a tour in Asscrackistan. While there I still posted a few times. That was quite a trip.

While I love Supergirl and similar uber babes I really like the evil ones who use their powers for their own selfish needs. Conceptfan was a real eye opener for me after Sharon.

The Steele sisters really light my fire visually as well. I've been messing around with some amateur Supergirl costumes and local models. Might have some news on a Canadian model who has been working with my costume. Just having a bit of fun with the whole thing.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
18 Feb 2005 09:14 #156 by shadar
Replied by shadar on topic Ten year vetern
I'm Shadar, and I've been writing in this genre before their was this genre... 1994 or so. Used three different Net names during that time, but I doubt if anyone remembers the first name... unless you were reading this kind of fiction in 1994. I've been around the circle from X-rated to my current PG-13 (with an R-teasers now and then) style.

I'm proud and can be that I kind of kick started this stuff, but even happier at all the myriad ways that other writers have taken it. Some directions I like, some I don't. But as with all expressions of fantasies, it can run hot or cold.

I'm a few years younger than Brantley (not a lot though) and am an American who's been living outside the US forever it seems. One of those folks who thinks the best part of being American is not having to live in the US. Did my share earlier by serving in military during Vietnam war, so I figure I paid my dues to Uncle Sam.

I'm getting ready to early retire and buy a nice big boat and float through the Caribbean for a few years. Jimmy Buffet style. Once that gets well underway (might be a couple of years before I'm totally into it and know what the hell I'm doing), I might need some occasional unpaid crew who like to create outrageous stories. Stay tuned.

Of course, I can't stop writing in this genre. It's in the blood I guess. Or somewhere. Some people like my new stuff, others ho-hum it , others hate it. Which is cool. It takes all kinds of tastes. But as long as I like it, I publish it. (You would not believe the number of not-finished stories I have lying around that have never been on the Net because I lost interest or didn't like the way the story came out).

Got into this stuff back in 1993 when I gave up on DC Comics portrayals of SG and decided to try my hand at doing it more 'realistically'. I always envisioned SG and Kryptonians as sexual beings, despite the Mr. Clean portrayals. I went a bit far in correcting that problem in my early stuff (Velorians during AU1, AU2 and AU3 got a bit too randy) and am trying to get it right now in Other-Worlds. 'Right' of course being a purely personal interpretation.

Seems the older we get, the more we look for meaning and not just 'wham bang thank you ma'am' type stories. Jury is still out whether that's a good thing (maturity, whatever that is) or just hardening of theh arteries. <wink>

But if Debbie Harry (Blondie) can get up on stage and shake that no-so-svelt bootie and sing punk and rap at the age of 60 and look good (to these old eyes anyway), then maybe its all just 'refinement'. Hah.

Shadar
velorian.org/auow/

• shadar
More
19 Feb 2005 17:54 #168 by dave147
Replied by dave147 on topic Re: A bit about myself
hi my is dave and i live in lincolnshire in the uk my fav tv show is bionic woman i general superheroine fan and i really like steele sisters doing there superstuff etc

dave

More
22 Feb 2005 08:14 #204 by freeLancer
Replied by freeLancer on topic Re: A bit about myself
Hello. I am 25 yo and live in australia. A computer science graduate who is working as an accountant but wanting to get back into programming.

My fav stories are the ones featuring evil supervillainess. First intro into this genre was through Greg's site and first story read was AK's superior girl. That was a great story (and I like it how ak has pics in the story pages as well).

Have read lots of Conceptfan's stories and DRu's stories and luv them all. Fav tv characters are ursa (SM2) and Velasca (xena). Mostly a lurker and never written any stories. Wished that there were more supervillainess stories out there.

I also enjoy fishing, running and cooking.

More
23 Feb 2005 01:42 #221 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: A bit about myself
I'm Kelly (Zignme-Bully_Pup), I'm 37 and I live in Las Vegas, Nv.

I've been retired for a little over a year now, and have been a huge fan of this genre ever since Mandi Steele introduced me to it back in 2000.

You might know me as the Steele's photographer, I'm also the producer and special FX editor for THE AWAKENING.

My favorite stories are Lara-THE AWAKENING by Larafan, and just about all of AK's ConceptFan's and Brantely's stories.

Not sure what else to add. I'm pretty big into English Bulldogs. I have a female bulldog named Lucy. Guess that's about it..

More
28 Feb 2005 04:15 #312 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Bully_Pup retired?
Retired from your normal job or what? Must be nice to have hit the lottery paydirt or however you made it. :)

• Sarge395
More
28 Feb 2005 06:02 #313 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: A bit about myself
By retired I sold my business back in Oct of 2003.

More
05 Mar 2005 11:55 #362 by YAGS
Replied by YAGS on topic Me
Ok, I'll jump in, too. I'm YAGS. I'm a 30-ish single American guy.

My tastes in this type of thing seem to run very different from most of the groups I've found on the internet, so I'm still trying to figure out where I really fit in. And that's despite the fact that I've been looking around on the internet since the early 90's, before computer use really became mainstream.

Like all of you, I like powerful women, but my definition of the word "powerful" seems to be different than most of you. For me, it's not about physical strength. Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie, and Attack of the 50 Foot Woman all appeal to me for the same reason: They're all beautiful, powerful women, just powerful in different ways.

I like the ubergirl stuff I've seen since discovering this genre relatively recently, but the super-strength stuff isn't my only interest. In my early days of exploring the web, I found the giantess fetish, for those who worship Nancy Archer, the title character in Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, and others like her. I like that some, and I've hung out on those sites quite a bit over the years, but it's not my primary interest, either. And I recently found a site called The Mind Control Story Archive, which I also think is interesting, but again, it's not my primary interest. Actually, I'd have to say that my favorite power for a woman to have would be telekinesis. Another favorite would be body control, which is kind of like mind control, except the victim knows that they're being controlled and can't do anything about it.

I like it when these powerful women use their abilities, whatever they may be, to control the people around them. I like the ubergirls when they're mischevious, but not necessarily violent. I don't mind some violence, though, so I'm a big fan of Concept Fan's work, even though it's gorier than I would prefer. But I definitely prefer when they're using their powers on people, not just on things. For instance, Supergirl picking up a boulder isn't nearly as exciting to me as an ubergirl picking up a car, just because she thinks it'll be fun to scare the people inside.

I've actually started writing my own series of stories recently, but I'm not sure if it would be appropriate to post on these forums, since it's more about magical women than super-strength women. I'll start a new thread with details on that later.

YAGS

More
07 Mar 2005 04:38 #374 by sgfan05
Replied by sgfan05 on topic Re: A bit about myself
I'm a 20 year old guy from the midwest of the U.S.

As my title suggest I'm a fan of Kara Zor-El in just about any form, except the last incarnation with Matrix and Earth Angel stuff. Love AK's Last Daugther of Krypton stories, Suprieor Girl, and other Supergirl shorts.

Love to see the Girl of Steel wrapped in chains then snapping them with just a burst of her arms. Big fan of Mandi and the Steel Sisters and that's about it.

More
17 Mar 2005 18:38 #451 by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
Replied by mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee on topic Re: A bit about myself
Here I am, fashionably late as always! I'm a 23 y/o male with a yearning for horsepower meaning anything built by the Pentastar I like. I also have a high interest in the Axis side of WW2. But we won't delve into that now, will we? I was introduced into this genre back when it was either AU2 or AU3 was on the web. I think it was AU2 that was on the indra.net server. I tried my hand with the writing at least 2-3 years ago when mffb.com
was around. I'm sure some of you might remember my stories on there. I was known as Chris the Texan Scribe. But nowadays I'm mainly a poster since I've got a major novel project I'm working on based on the Second World War. I'm also a big fan of AK's fiction and also the Steeles.

• mr_93_jeep_grnd_cherokee
More
19 Mar 2005 04:01 #473 by batteries
Replied by batteries on topic Re: A bit about myself
Ok just alittle bit about me. Names Jamie. im from the northeast of the england. Big middlesbrough fan who are my local football team (soccer to you americans.)

Been reading this stuff for what seams like years. I first found the ubergirls stuff by complete accadent but have never looked back. I have in the past tried to write some stories but they never turn out how i emigened them to to the point that I have some 100 or so stories which are in verious stages of writeing from early planing to finished artical.

Im dyslexic which is why i like to read stuff that intrests me (i tend to concentrate more thus not needing to read over it countess times.)

I work as part of a team of network administrators for a local company. It pays the bills

I like stories about power transfer, steeling or gaining power. I also like the evil ubergirl stories where they use there power for self satisfaction.

More
21 Mar 2005 21:24 #502 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic YAGS did you post a link to your stories?
I like your interests. Seem to mirror mine a bit. The EMCSA is a great place to find women in control.

• Sarge395
More
25 Mar 2005 10:40 #537 by agentd
Replied by agentd on topic Re: A bit about myself

Ok just alittle bit about me. Names Jamie. im from the northeast of the england. Big middlesbrough fan who are my local football team (soccer to you americans.)

Been reading this stuff for what seams like years. I first found the ubergirls stuff by complete accadent but have never looked back. I have in the past tried to write some stories but they never turn out how i emigened them to to the point that I have some 100 or so stories which are in verious stages of writeing from early planing to finished artical.

Im dyslexic which is why i like to read stuff that intrests me (i tend to concentrate more thus not needing to read over it countess times.)

I work as part of a team of network administrators for a local company. It pays the bills

I like stories about power transfer, steeling or gaining power. I also like the evil ubergirl stories where they use there power for self satisfaction.

North East? wow there might actually be an uber girl fan local to me lol

More
25 Mar 2005 14:34 #541 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: A bit about myself
They're everywhere! :P

LF

"AgentD wrote: North East? wow there might actually be an uber girl fan local to me lol

More
26 Mar 2005 23:34 #568 by CaptainIrishman
Replied by CaptainIrishman on topic Re: A bit about myself
Hey
well, no prizes for guessing where I'm from :)

I've been into wonder woman and supergirl since I was a nipper. Don't know what it is about the genre but I'm hooked.

Used to be a big Rob Oliviera site lurker back in the late nineties, even corresponded with sharon from AU a few times, started joining Yahoo groups over 3/4 years ago, but couldn't really contribute until some of the wonder woman episodes were released over here. Started feeding thee red wolf lots of wondy frames then and well, thats about it.

Other interests include going to the pub (on the gargle with mates), Rugby (Munster & Ireland) footie (TOON!!!), pen and paper rpgs, reading, writing, movies, acting, comics and the odd comedy night on tv, and obeying the ladyfriend.

yep
thas me
first post and looking forward to hanging around :D

More
31 May 2005 21:30 #1377 by julievelor
Replied by julievelor on topic Re: A bit about myself
Well, since there's now a forum dedicated to my scribblings, I probably should introduce myself. I'm male, pushing fifty, and have lived in Colorado (USA) for forty years. I found a previous incarnation of the AU during my surfing, devoured it, and then tried my hand at writing a short story. That was Julie, back when she had dark hair. Version 2 changed her hair color, and I haven't stopped writing yet.

More
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds