Amount

Where is everyone???

25 Aug 2016 05:06 #49840 by AuGoose
Replied by AuGoose on topic Where is everyone???
Huh. I evidently squeak in once at 49/50 by that measure. One of only 4 in the top 50 that's dated since 2014. Almost like older pieces have an overwhelming advantage by that metric :whistle:.

Of course a third of the hits on my stories are probably from me looking them over for edits :P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2016 03:34 #49854 by circes_cup
Replied by circes_cup on topic Where is everyone???

AuGoose wrote: Huh. I evidently squeak in once at 49/50 by that measure. One of only 4 in the top 50 that's dated since 2014. Almost like older pieces have an overwhelming advantage by that metric :whistle:.

Of course a third of the hits on my stories are probably from me looking them over for edits :P.

I suspect the majority of hits are actually seach engines periodically indexing everything they can find. Not very inspiring, I know, but it explais the fact that almost everything we post seems to grow steadily more "popular" with time.

I ignore the hit counts.

More
26 Aug 2016 05:03 #49855 by ace191
Replied by ace191 on topic Where is everyone???
Some of the very best stories written by the likes of Lfan and Marknew are not real high up because they were reposted here and many people had already read them. Several years ago the hit meter was reset. TSOS was
redone into like 4 chapter parts when the multi story section was created which reset the meter so to speak. You will note a huge difference in the number of hits on Chapter 25 of TSOS compared to the prior chapters that came before.

It takes several years for a story to move up to the last page. Supanji got there quicker than any before. My best story was #3 for awhile as I watched the story behind it slowly move up on it. It took two years for that to happen, and I predicted within one month of when that would happen. I have watched this for a long time.

There have been a few times when a story gets 1000 hits in a day and I would agree that is very fishy, but that happens only very rarely.The really great stories move up quickly, the not so hot ones (including several of my earlier ones) do not. It is just another type of feedback and It is one that I enjoy looking at.

More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds