Amount

Raven's Secret: episode 2

25 Aug 2009 21:32 #16497 by Susan Donym
Replied by Susan Donym on topic Re: Raven's Secret: episode 2
Kikass, when/where did you get a DL link? On screen or via email? I never got a link cause it crashed after I hit submit, however the charge hit my Paypal account as I got that part! I haven't received an email either (yes, yes I checked my spam folder). No word from anyone over there either from my email this morning.

Anyone get this to work???

Ok. First of all, thanks for the download option on the new movie. I live with a few other ppl and suffice to say, explaining the arrival of the dvd is not something I would care to do (im sure some of you understand). Hence the greatly appreciated download option.

However.

If you are going to have a download option, then please make sure it is reliable. I have managed to get to 23% (and have been sitting at 23% for the last 30mins, on a 20MB line). I'm actually not holding my breath on it resuming. Ordinarily if i was just downloading "X" file of the net, this would not be a problem. But the fact is, I have spent $21.99 for this product and was really looking forward to seeing it.

Has anyone managed to download the full movie? Would it be possible to post the file on a more reliable server?

Please, would appreciate some help on this.

Thank you.

Peace.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2009 21:38 #16498 by kikass
Replied by kikass on topic Re: Raven's Secret: episode 2
The link is given on the site. Its not sent to your email. After you pay with paypal, it redirects you to a page with the link to download. I didnt have a problem there at all.

For me, its the actual downloading of it. My first attempt stopped at 23%. Have started my second attempt now. (14hrs to go at the current rate).

Peace.

More
25 Aug 2009 21:41 #16499 by Susan Donym
Beautiful! :twisted: My browser hung and I never got a link to click. Hopefully, they'll repsond and send me a link soon!

Thank you for the information!

The link is given on the site. Its not sent to your email. After you pay with paypal, it redirects you to a page with the link to download. I didnt have a problem there at all.

For me, its the actual downloading of it. My first attempt stopped at 23%. Have started my second attempt now. (14hrs to go at the current rate).

Peace.

More
25 Aug 2009 21:41 #16500 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: Raven's Secret: episode 2
Kikass
Sorry about the troubles man. Anyway, try downloading it again.
Just set up for multiple download attempts . Also, am refunding your two other payments.

Susan,

I was just in the middle of emailing you.
So here it is..

Anyway, you can log into your account by clicking into the store link on www.girlsofsteele.com and go to the "My Account" link and enter your username and password and you'll be able to get the movie.
Hit me back if you still have problems.

• Bully_pup
  • Bully_pup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
25 Aug 2009 22:12 #16501 by patches
Replied by patches on topic Re: Raven's Secret: episode 2
Hi Kelly

I also made 3 attempts at downloading the movie this morning to no avail, however it did charge me 3 times. i Emailed you via the "contact us" button on girlsofsteele website but no reply as yet. Good to hear you have changed it for multiple attempts though. I dont have time to try again tonight but i will check it again tomorrow. Thanks again.

More
25 Aug 2009 23:03 #16504 by kikass
Thanks for the reply Bully. My second download attempt just crapped out at 35%. Connection just went dead with the server, like it finished the download.

Will try again and see how it goes.

Peace

P.S. Are you charged for every download attempt you make?

More
25 Aug 2009 23:20 #16506 by Bully_pup
Kikass,

Sorry about that man. I mixed you up with someone else. No you only purchased it once.
Another guy had problems downloading too. A quick look at the logs showed 60 downloads happening at the same time.
Try it a little later, and you should be fine.
Also, we're in the process of adding another server, so the download problems should be cleared up by late this evening.

Try to remember folks, never done this download thing before, so please be patient with us.
You know, there are no download issues with a DVD. Plus the DVD has two movies and better resolution. Just saying...................

bully_pup -- Kelly

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
25 Aug 2009 23:21 #16507 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Raven's Secret: episode 2
Be patient, it is worth it. I downloaded it and it is a great video. Right up my alley (cough, not enough flying though, cough). Acting was good and the FX were fun to see. Raven is a no nonsense psycho and looks great in her costume.

Don't want to spoil any of it and just want to give it my thumbs up. Hopefully it sells well and finances more projects.

In a PM to Kelly he said there were server issues after it got swamped with requests. He is working on it. My advice would be to wait a day or two or try the download at odd times.

P.S. the receptionist at the police station is a real hottie. More of her hopefully in the future.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
25 Aug 2009 23:42 #16511 by kikass
No problem Bully. Thanks again for the reply. You're right. Will try it again in a day or so.

And based on your review Sarge, it should be worth the wait :)

Thanks again Bully

Peace man

More
25 Aug 2009 23:42 #16512 by Susan Donym
Bully, thanks for the help. I got in but same problem as Kikass .I got only 58MB when it said it "completed" but hardly everything! Quite frustrating! Grrr!! Will try again

Thanks for the reply Bully. My second download attempt just crapped out at 35%. Connection just went dead with the server, like it finished the download.

Will try again and see how it goes.

Peace

P.S. Are you charged for every download attempt you make?

More
25 Aug 2009 23:47 #16513 by Bully_pup
Kikass and Susan,

Sorry about that. Ok, we've got it going up on a bigger/faster server. Should be ready to go by late tonight.

Give it till 11pm or Midnight PST and you shouldn't have any further problems.

bully_pup -- Kelly

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
25 Aug 2009 23:52 #16514 by Bully_pup
Kinda messed up that of all the downloads, the two SWM users that post in here are the ones having the problems.
Has anyone else besides Sarge in here seen it yet? I'm itchin to hear what everyone thought of our little movie.

bully_pup -- Kelly

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
26 Aug 2009 00:07 #16517 by Susan Donym
OK, thanks Bullypup. Last one crapped out again! Down to my last download now :(

Kikass and Susan,

Sorry about that. Ok, we've got it going up on a bigger/faster server. Should be ready to go by late tonight.

Give it till 11pm or Midnight PST and you shouldn't have any further problems.

bully_pup -- Kelly

More
26 Aug 2009 00:12 #16518 by Bully_pup
Yeah, the server is getting overwhelmed.
Anyway Susan, we'll be up on a new server late tonight.
Also, given your troubles, don't worry about it being your last download attempt. We got you back.

bully_pup -- Kelly

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
26 Aug 2009 13:31 #16525 by Susan Donym
Looks like the store is completely down now still (since last night). Can anyone else get to www.skysteele.com?

More
26 Aug 2009 14:04 #16526 by patches
Replied by patches on topic Re: Raven's Secret: episode 2
i can get on to it no problem but i'm still having no luck with the download,

Raven: Unstoppable keeps erm....stopping :?

one of my attempts almost got to 50% Thats a personal best for me, lol

More
26 Aug 2009 17:29 #16530 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Raven's Secret: episode 2
For what its worth, I get

"Down for Maintenance ...
The site is currently down for maintenance. Please excuse the dust, and try back later."

ADMIN

i can get on to it no problem but i'm still having no luck with the download,

Raven: Unstoppable keeps erm....stopping :?

one of my attempts almost got to 50% Thats a personal best for me, lol

More
26 Aug 2009 18:20 #16531 by kikass
The site seems to be up now. However still no luck with the download. Used up my 3 attempts and still no luck. Wouldnt even start the download, just kept getting no connection once i clicked "download".

Is it possible to have my downloads reset please?

Thank you.

Peace.

More
26 Aug 2009 18:29 #16532 by Susan Donym
I tried again and got the same thing. Can you also please reset my downloads too? Just a suggestion that you might wanna think about upping the number of attempts from 3 to 99 until you get the kinks worked out!

The site seems to be up now. However still no luck with the download. Used up my 3 attempts and still no luck. Wouldnt even start the download, just kept getting no connection once i clicked "download".

Is it possible to have my downloads reset please?

Thank you.

Peace.

More
26 Aug 2009 21:55 #16535 by Bully_pup
Susan,

We had to take the store down to get all the kinks worked out.
We're close. As for your attempts, as soon as we get back online, I'll shoot you an email.
It really bothers me that you and a few others paid and still haven't seen the movie yet. So, email me and I'll do something to help make up for the wait.

bully_pup -- Kelly

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
27 Aug 2009 14:00 #16540 by derekh37
Replied by derekh37 on topic Re: Raven's Secret: episode 2
got my dvd through this morning put it in my dvd and after the trailers it went to the menu screen but when i pressed play it froze. put the dvd in my pc and when the menu came up i clicked play and the program crashed. what's going on?

• derekh37
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
27 Aug 2009 18:27 #16543 by lfan
Replied by lfan on topic Re: Raven's Secret: episode 2
I see the store has been relaunched. Any comments from those having problems before? Susan? Kikass.... Patches? Have you been able to grab it? Was thinking of pulling the trigger but wanted to get confirmation that its working...

ElF

Susan,

We had to take the store down to get all the kinks worked out.
We're close. As for your attempts, as soon as we get back online, I'll shoot you an email.
It really bothers me that you and a few others paid and still haven't seen the movie yet. So, email me and I'll do something to help make up for the wait.

bully_pup -- Kelly

More
27 Aug 2009 20:45 #16546 by Bully_pup
Ifan,

Susan is still having some trouble, but I'm working on that with her. Haven't heard from Kikass or Patches yet. I'm glad you want to see the movie, but give it another day or so just to be safe.

bully_pup -- Kelly

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
27 Aug 2009 20:52 #16547 by Bully_pup
Derekh,

Hey sorry about that. I've had one other similar complaint about the DVD. Anyway, he peeled the label off and it played just fine. I don't know why that is. Maybe it threw the balance off. Anyway, give it a try and if that doesn't work, I'll send you a new one.

bully_pup -- Kelly

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
27 Aug 2009 22:52 #16549 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Raven's Secret: episode 2

got my dvd through this morning put it in my dvd and after the trailers it went to the menu screen but when i pressed play it froze. put the dvd in my pc and when the menu came up i clicked play and the program crashed. what's going on?

Odd, my DVD plays in my PC and TV/DVD player just fine. I have heard of this where I work. We shipped out a CD because emailing the files would've choked and found out it was the label. Sent it with no label and it worked fine for them. Paper labels can be finicky I guess.

• Sarge395
More
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds