Amount

Mandi and Adara Updates

06 Nov 2007 12:34 #10786 by Sarge395
Replied by Sarge395 on topic Re: Mandi and Adara Updates
"Ok, now for a little news... Some big changes are happening here in the Steeleverse, and it's happening really fast. The next update will be on November 8th, and I'll explain everything then. Also, before you ask (Again), Mojoraven, Mariah and I finished shooting for Cry Havoc this past week. So look for it soon. Plus, Mariah has a couple of great photostories in the works too! In the meantime, have a great Halloween! "

Only 2 more days! Dangit, I can't wait. Hope all is well and moving along for the big event!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sarge395
  • Uberposter par Excellence
More
06 Nov 2007 14:13 #10787 by brantley
Replied by brantley on topic Re: Mandi and Adara Updates
Ever consider marketing a Steelverse calendar?

More
08 Nov 2007 01:47 #10801 by Sarge395
Hello all. I got a quick update on behalf of Bully_pup. He has moved to Texas out in the sticks and does not have an internet connection just yet. He is of course working hard on getting one. Worst case he may have to try something through the local library but that isn't a really good option. FTP clients or whatever being loaded on their computers is most likely not going to be allowed. He said he will make up for it once he actually does rejoin the world of the connected. Big difference from central Las Vegas to open range country.

Good news though as he will still be shooting with Mariah! Mariah travels quite a bit and will 'land' in Texas to beat up some cowboys now and then.

I wish him all the best and look forward to updates to both sites.

• Sarge395
More
08 Nov 2007 04:11 #10802 by brantley
Texas?

Maybe he could hook up with these guys, Craig Miller and John Thorne:

spectrummagazines.bizland.com/OrderingInfo2.chtml

They're still putting out CERBERUS; may revive SPECTRUM. Might be open to other comics-related projects.

More
10 Nov 2007 21:00 #10834 by spunk639
Replied by spunk639 on topic Re: Mandi and Adara Updates
Just a ? How long before another update? Or are the sites going to die a slow death with no updates?

More
18 Nov 2007 04:54 #10932 by Bully_pup
Replied by Bully_pup on topic Re: Mandi and Adara Updates
Not while I'm still breathing spunk!

Ok, Steele Productions has moved to East Texas. I'm on borrowed internet time so I'll save the long story for when I get set up and back online.
The short story;
I had arranged everything (broadband, tv, phone etc..) a month before moving. However, after the move, the installer came but said high internet (through his company) was not availible. He said it was probably the sales staff just throwing me "yes's" to close the sale.
So, I set out to find an internet provider. first cable.. Nope... Too rural for cable. Unless I wanted to pay an estimated $7,500.00 to $10,000.00 to run the line to my street. Then a wireless company called clearwire. Again no.. Too rural. Then a local wireless company called Skynet (LOL)
and of course...NO. Too rural for a signal. Guess they haven't yet become self aware. DSL??? Haha. Guess..
So, I'm down to two options. AT&T aircard. and a satellite company called Hugesnet. Both are availible but expensive. AT&T is cheaper to set up, but slower than satellite.
Anyway, it'll be one of those two this week. The only reason I've waited this long is because it took surveyers from each of the above mentioned companys to come out to my property and tell me the bad news.

However, I did take a trip out to Louisiana and got on my Dad's antique of a computer to get out an update on Adara's site. I would have updated both sites, but it literally took several hours just to run the images through his old Pll. Mandi's updates will be later this week, and ontime from there out.

Ok, now you're probably wondering "why Texas?"
That's the long story. But it's a good one.

Until we're back up and running, you can email me at bully_pup@yahoo.com . I go once a day to the library to check my email.

bully_pup -- Kelly

• Bully_pup
  • Bully_pup's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
18 Nov 2007 17:59 #10935 by spunk639
Replied by spunk639 on topic Re: Mandi and Adara Updates
Your credibility has improved ten fold!
Thanks for the honesty.

More
18 Nov 2007 20:28 #10937 by brantley
Kelly, seems to me you've got a case for fraud against the provider that lied to you.

More
30 Nov 2007 05:08 #11020 by Bully_pup
Finally!!!! we're back up and running.
I've got a doozie of story, but it'll wait till tomorrow. I've been overheating the FTP to get the updates out, and now I'm really to go passout.

So, the updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steele Updates November 29th

At www.MandiSteele.com, 3 awesome sets! To start Kiki brings another taste of her as the The Worlds Mightest! Next, we get to see Kiki through the talented photography of Scott. And finally, to get set for more CRY HAVOC, Mariah and Mojo steal by camera and shoot their own pictures. Check out The Girls of CRY HAVOC!

At www.AdaraSteele.com The fight begins in part 2 Demon Seed, and Mariah's patience wears thin. Also, Mariah shows us that she's True Red and Blue with 65 fantastic pictures!

COMING SOON.... DF_Fan's own version of Demon Seed with an excellent alternative ending.

Stay Tuned for news on the recent happenings and the bright future of the Steeleverse.

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
02 Dec 2007 00:53 #11037 by argonaut
Replied by argonaut on topic Re: Mandi and Adara Updates
Sounds great ... but both sites are down again ...

More
02 Dec 2007 00:56 #11038 by Bully_pup
Thanks for the heads up. I'll get on it.

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
02 Dec 2007 16:14 #11041 by argonaut
They're up. Thanks.

More
07 Dec 2007 06:24 #11064 by Bully_pup
www.MandiSteele.com updated!

A few technical problems put me a little behind this week. Just posted the update at Mandi's site, but Adara's update will not be finished until Saturday 12/8.

Also, I have lots of news, but I'm still getting my house in order over here. I'll try to have you all up to speed on all the happenings by Saturday.

bully_pup -- Kelly

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
07 Dec 2007 10:32 #11065 by nextglobalcrisis
Replied by nextglobalcrisis on topic Re: Mandi and Adara Updates
Mandi Steele has gone down for me, I dunno about anyone else?

• nextglobalcrisis
More
08 Dec 2007 02:36 #11074 by Bully_pup
Ok, I'm on it.

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
08 Dec 2007 05:05 #11077 by Bully_pup
The sites are up. Sorry for the down time.

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
08 Dec 2007 10:54 #11079 by nextglobalcrisis
Ok Thanks.

I've got to say, is there any reason why the updates are getting so small now? This update is 35 pics, 8 of which are collages of the other 27. I like these types of stories but if you're going to release it in such a trickle then it's a bit of a shame. The previous update 'Girls of Cry Havoc' was just 20 pics, seriously, if you did take more then just put the raw versions up as well because I'd rather have 60 different pics of any quality than 20 of the best ones and 40 odd on the cutting room floor. I also want to check you got the next update right, it say's 12/16 that would be 10 days if it is on time. I've recently paid for a month where I got nothing, I just donated $14.95 to you so to return with tiny updates and space them apart more than you used to doesn't seem like progress. I know you don't like criticism but I'd like to know where you are going with this so I can decide what to do.

• nextglobalcrisis
More
08 Dec 2007 15:55 #11080 by Bully_pup
Nothing wrong with criticism Zebra.
I'll try to address some of your points.
Small updates.. They're not all going to be 80 to 150 pictures. Mainly because on some chapters of a photostory it takes less pictures to tell the story. Yes, I could post some more raw images, but are reasons that I don't. One, there are usually serveral of the same pose and two, there are quite a few bad pictures. By bad I mean, bad lighting or exposure, model blinking ( or otherwise not prepared for the shot), and too many shots of background objects or of the Male talent.
A few years back, I did post up all the good pictures of the models, and got slammed by a couple of people in the yahoo group for trying rip everyone off by anouncing 100 pictures when there were only 40 pictures of the girls in different poses. It's not that I was trying to rip anyone off, I just liked all the pictures. So, I followed up, but by only posting the best of the bunch.
Zebra, sometimes there are going to be fewer pictures.
But it's only because I want to keep the quality level up. Now, if you want, drop me an email, and I'll send you all of the other pictures, but I'm not going to post them on the sites.
12/16 update..... Yes, it'll be 10 days intead of 7. The final chapter of CRY HAVOC is a big one. It's going to take me some time to do the effects and put together the panels. And, I'm traveling about 5 hours to Austin for a photoshoot mid week next week.

Hope this helps Zebra, and what ever you decide to do, I'll completely understand. I do have one question. You mentioned that the story panels were just pictures of the other 27. Would you rather not see the panels? Actually that question goes for everyone.
I don't want people thinking I'm trying to jip them by posting the same picture twice. As a standard I post the panels first. Then all the pictures it took to make the panels so everyone can see their favorite parts of the story in full size. However, if you want just the pictures and not the story panels..... Yeah, hit me with a show hands. I like doing them, but I'd hate to think I'm doing it for nothing. So, if nobody wants to see them, they are so f-ing gone! LOL

bully_pup -- Kelly

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
08 Dec 2007 18:19 #11081 by brantley
I've never minded the combination of story panels and individual shots, though perhaps the individual shots should be limited to the most artistic -- or the sexiest.

To me, the important thing is to get good models and good stories. There must be local talent in East Texas; although some of the Vegas models may fly in, I presume that not all of them can do so, and certainly not every week. The scenery's different where you are now; don't know how much use you can make of that. Most Texas towns I've seen are rather grubby looking -- the big exception is Waxahatchie, where they've made several movies, but that may be too far off from you.

Don't let your troubles get you down. I'm sure you can do good work in Texas once you hit your stride.

More
08 Dec 2007 19:44 #11083 by Sarge395
I'm sure once his internet is back up things will pick back up. No shortage of local talent in Texas!

• Sarge395
More
08 Dec 2007 20:41 #11084 by Bully_pup
This is long overdue, but here's the news on all that's happened in the Steeleverse.

As most all of you know by now, we've moved from Las Vegas, Nv to East Texas. I say "East Texas" because photo shooting and filming (Yes filming) is no longer limited to one city.
Some have already asked me, why Texas?
I guess the biggest reason is that I wanted to. This is where me and most all of my family are from. I always knew I was coming back. After nearly 11 years in Las Vegas, and at the beginning of my 40th trip around the sun, I decided that now was the time.

As for the future of the Steeleverse, well it's looking pretty bright.
I've discovered new talent, plus Mariah and Mojo will be traveling here to shoot. Also, with the access of many new locations, including a 70,000 sqf old Coca Cola bottling plant, we'll be able to get the ATHENA project back underway. More on that as we go.

Other questions I've been asked. "What happened to Mandi?"
Well, that's a long story and most of it I'd prefere to keep between her and I. The short version is that about a year and a half ago we had a couple of personal issues that eventually leaked into our working relationship. Things could have ended a little better, but she did stay on about 2 years longer than she originally intended to. With the all that she accomplished here in that time, her amazing photostories, and her roll as Lara in THE AWAKENING, I'm thankfull that she hung around. No matter what, I still think the world of her. I intend to see to it that as long as the Steeleverse exists, she'll never be forgotten.

Brantely, thanks for the vote of confidence, but the only troubles that I've had were getting a high speed internet connection out here. That was a mother and a half!!! But we're all good now.

bully_pup -- Kelly

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
09 Dec 2007 16:25 #11085 by argonaut

Hope this helps Zebra, and what ever you decide to do, I'll completely understand. I do have one question. You mentioned that the story panels were just pictures of the other 27. Would you rather not see the panels? Actually that question goes for everyone.
I don't want people thinking I'm trying to jip them by posting the same picture twice. As a standard I post the panels first. Then all the pictures it took to make the panels so everyone can see their favorite parts of the story in full size. However, if you want just the pictures and not the story panels..... Yeah, hit me with a show hands. I like doing them, but I'd hate to think I'm doing it for nothing. So, if nobody wants to see them, they are so f-ing gone! LOL

Since you ask ... I do look at the panel pages, but I wouldn't miss them if they were gone. I'd prefer to see the stories told one panel at a time -- which is pretty much what I get by skipping past the multi-panel pages anyway. So you're giving your subscribers a choice of format.

Regarding the size of the updates: I don't mind an occasional small uipdate. What bothers me more is the irregularity of the updates and the long intervals between them. Now that you seem to be settling down in your new location, I hope this won't be as much of a problem. I'll be a regular subscriber when you're a regular updater.

Have you considered adding narrative captions and dialogue balloons to your photostories? Maybe you could toss that question out to your subscribers.

More
09 Dec 2007 16:50 #11086 by nextglobalcrisis

Nothing wrong with criticism Zebra.
I'll try to address some of your points.
Small updates.. They're not all going to be 80 to 150 pictures. Mainly because on some chapters of a photostory it takes less pictures to tell the story. Yes, I could post some more raw images, but are reasons that I don't. One, there are usually serveral of the same pose and two, there are quite a few bad pictures. By bad I mean, bad lighting or exposure, model blinking ( or otherwise not prepared for the shot), and too many shots of background objects or of the Male talent.
A few years back, I did post up all the good pictures of the models, and got slammed by a couple of people in the yahoo group for trying rip everyone off by anouncing 100 pictures when there were only 40 pictures of the girls in different poses. It's not that I was trying to rip anyone off, I just liked all the pictures. So, I followed up, but by only posting the best of the bunch.
Zebra, sometimes there are going to be fewer pictures.
But it's only because I want to keep the quality level up. Now, if you want, drop me an email, and I'll send you all of the other pictures, but I'm not going to post them on the sites.
12/16 update..... Yes, it'll be 10 days intead of 7. The final chapter of CRY HAVOC is a big one. It's going to take me some time to do the effects and put together the panels. And, I'm traveling about 5 hours to Austin for a photoshoot mid week next week.

bully_pup -- Kelly

This has helped. I can live with 10 day gaps between updates if there is a good pay-off at the end of it. I understand that you are in a state of flux, I was just concerned that there had not been a big update in a while and that this was a direction you had now chosen to take. All I would say to help things along is if you'd keep us well informed on this board - maybe I'm speaking for myself but I like to know when the update will be and a clue of what it is, maybe that would spoil the surprise for some but I'd quite like it here, I assume the vast majority of your subscribers are unaware of this board and/or don't post/read here.

One thing that would be really helpful is if you could give us some advance warning when you are about to take photosets down. I know you've said before that your host limits the amount of stuff you can have in the archive, so that being the case it'd be really helpful to know what is coming down to make space for new updates. I know that there are a bunch of early Mandi photosets that were in the members area when I joined that are not there now, I'd certainly have liked to look upon them one last time.

As for panels, I don't really mind, if you like doing it then you should probably continue because if you aren't having fun then the whole project will wane. One question I have about panels and pics with effects on them though: When downloaded you obviously get a thumbnail on your computer, now the thumbnails show the pictures without effects, and the panels seem to be placed on top of one of the pictures in the panel. I wondered how you do this? Is it layering of some kind and is there any program that can strip back the picture to it's raw state? A bit technical I know and you may have no idea what I'm on about, I just found it interesting.

• nextglobalcrisis
More
09 Dec 2007 19:15 #11087 by mo
Replied by mo on topic Re: Mandi and Adara Updates

This is long overdue, but here's the news on all that's happened in the Steeleverse.

As most all of you know by now, we've moved from Las Vegas, Nv to East Texas. I say "East Texas" because photo shooting and filming (Yes filming) is no longer limited to one city. bully_pup -- Kelly

Filming? Great!! Can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the future :) Can I vote for a Cry Havoc video?!

More
10 Dec 2007 08:24 #11090 by Bully_pup
Argonaut,
That's fair. And I appreciate the input. Dialog? I tried man!
Photostory ideas I can do. Setting action posing, and effects... I LOVE IT!
But when it comes to wording out dialog bubbles, I suck! I tried a couple of times and hated it. Which is wierd because I've written truck load of scripts for short films that I intend to shoot sometime sooner than later, and I have the story outlined in my head when I shoot for most of these photostories. But, when the pictures are in front of me, I go blank or stupid. I have the same problem leaving voice messages. Most of the time I just hang up.
Another reason ( although this'll sound weak after what I just said ) is that I format the pictures so that the story is told without "written" dialog. This way everyone can imagine what's being said, and no two perspectives are the same. I think I'll just leave the dialog writing to the expert DF_Fan. Speaking of him, he's created his own version of DEMON SEED and it's Fracking awesome! I think his best work yet. It's so good, that I'm waiting til after I've posted the last chapter of my version. I took one look at his and thought "No way I'm following this!!"

Zebra,
All good points man! I'll do my best to keep everyone posted and up to date. From time to time, I'll give some advanced notice on what's coming next, but I do like surprises too. And yes, from here out, I'll give at least a weeks notice when an older set is about to come down. Is there any set in particular that you missed that you want to see?
On the panels, I used to create a templet panel, but I found it easier and faster to "Fill" an existing photo. Plus, I didn't have to screw with frame sizes. So yeah, it's layered. I'm guessing you discovered this after you downloaded and viewed them from you windows picture viewer. It tends to revert the thumbnails.
Yeah, only a fraction of Steele subscribers are in this forum, but this is where I listen. Not just by advise, but by what I read here in random posts and in stories. I come here because this is where the people who share the same interests and style of characters as me are. And let me tell you, in the superheroine genre, we are few. VERY FEW! The Steele's get thousands of requests every month that fall in the realm of the girls getting "ass raped" (And sometimes worse) by the villian. The superheroines in bondage/peril fans may be sickos but are legions strong. If I took half of the requests we got from those people, we'd be driving exotic foriegn cars and out picking our new island by now. But that's not us. The Steele's we're born from the imaginations of me and all of you.

bully_pup -- Kelly

• Bully_pup
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds