Amount

Next Part of Michelle's Meteor Memento now on!

03 May 2013 06:49 #31345 by njae

aki_zz wrote: about time! :laugh:

You make it sound like I was behind schedule or something. But honestly, I had this part finished shortly before the workshop deadline (had to finish my entry first, after all), which wouldn't have been good time to post it. Anyway, the next installment probably won't clash with a workshop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• njae
  • njae's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
03 May 2013 07:45 #31346 by aki_zz
sorry, didn't mean it that way.

More
03 May 2013 07:51 #31347 by njae
no problem ;)

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
23 Aug 2013 00:10 #32742 by Tony0987
Replied by Tony0987 on topic Next Part of Michelle's Meteor Memento now on!
How is the next part coming along? Definitely miss it! Wondering if Fred is going to be talked into trying to liquid?

• Tony0987
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
23 Aug 2013 22:12 #32755 by njae

Tony0987 wrote: How is the next part coming along? Definitely miss it! Wondering if Fred is going to be talked into trying to liquid?

I have to admit that I haven't written a single word on the next part for a few months now. One of the reasons was the workshop obviously. But even after that was over (at least the writing part) I haven't found the motivation to write a single word. I still have hope that I'll get out of my motivational low soon, knowing that someone actually cares about the story helps a lot. Thanks.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
23 Aug 2013 23:39 #32756 by algae2k
I second the "caring" about the story... it's been a great dozen or so parts so far!

More
24 Aug 2013 05:29 #32758 by ong76win2
Replied by ong76win2 on topic Next Part of Michelle's Meteor Memento now on!
Njae, I am also waiting what will happen next. Hope we can perk up your motivation....

More
27 Nov 2013 17:46 #34475 by Woodclaw
Replied by Woodclaw on topic Next Part of Michelle's Meteor Memento now on!
Well, here we are the 12th part of Michelle's Meteor Memento is finally online. Consider this a shameless praise from my part, but I really think this chapter is worth the wait! B)
The story is getting more complicated, but also a lot deeper. I would really hope that you'll all give this chapter the love it deserves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Raa, njae, Camille Jones

More
28 Nov 2013 08:35 #34481 by njae
Phew looking back at it this chapter probably had the longest development time of all installments. Most of that time was a simple downtime of mine, though. I hope this won't happen with the next part as well since getting out of a motivational low wasn't exactly fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jabbrwock, aki_zz, Camille Jones

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
29 Nov 2013 03:58 #34484 by aki_zz
i think you have used the time well for the next chapter. really enjoyed it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: njae

More
29 Nov 2013 22:15 #34498 by njae

aki_zz wrote: i think you have used the time well for the next chapter. really enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed it. One of the biggest challenges in my eyes was to take a break while writing it and then continue from there months later. If possible I'd refrain from repeating such a thing. Insteat I should strike the iron while it's still hot and try to continue with part 13 asap.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
29 Nov 2013 22:47 - 29 Nov 2013 22:48 #34500 by castor

njae wrote:

aki_zz wrote: i think you have used the time well for the next chapter. really enjoyed it.

Glad you enjoyed it. One of the biggest challenges in my eyes was to take a break while writing it and then continue from there months later. If possible I'd refrain from repeating such a thing. Insteat I should strike the iron while it's still hot and try to continue with part 13 asap.

Ahh your getting there. I know from personal experience, that when punches start flying it becomes easier to write. I am not sure if this is a story with a set ending or something open ended, but once you get into the battling stage of a super story, things by there nature are quicker.

Its a good story- i will say it was one of the inspirations for Mazing Girl and some of my other stuff.

Castor
Last edit: 29 Nov 2013 22:48 by castor.

More
30 Nov 2013 20:39 #34523 by njae

castor wrote:

njae wrote:

Ahh your getting there. I know from personal experience, that when punches start flying it becomes easier to write. I am not sure if this is a story with a set ending or something open ended, but once you get into the battling stage of a super story, things by there nature are quicker.

Its a good story- i will say it was one of the inspirations for Mazing Girl and some of my other stuff.

Castor

Well I have to admit that I'm flattered that this little story of mine managed to inspire you in any way.

As for the open ending vs set ending, I haven't fully decided myself. I do have some kind of Big Bad in mind whose defeat could either be the end of the story as it is, or the end of the first chapter for possibly more stories to come. As of right now I'm considering the former alternative.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
30 Nov 2013 22:57 #34526 by castor

njae wrote:
As for the open ending vs set ending, I haven't fully decided myself. I do have some kind of Big Bad in mind whose defeat could either be the end of the story as it is, or the end of the first chapter for possibly more stories to come. As of right now I'm considering the former alternative.

I am doing a similar pattern for Mazing Girl. The story is building up the confrontation with the big bad-which should dove tail in the next kind of book i am working which changes the narrative considerably.

However you take i am curious and look forward to reading more.

Castor

More
02 Dec 2013 01:14 #34530 by Jabbrwock
Replied by Jabbrwock on topic Next Part of Michelle's Meteor Memento now on!

njae wrote: Phew looking back at it this chapter probably had the longest development time of all installments. Most of that time was a simple downtime of mine, though. I hope this won't happen with the next part as well since getting out of a motivational low wasn't exactly fun.

Thank you for the great chapter, I really loved it. It's still my favorite series on the site, and I'm sorry you got stuck in a funk while writing it. Please keep writing, you're great!

More
02 Dec 2013 06:37 #34531 by algae2k
I would keep striking while that iron's hot. It's so hard to restart after a lull! I, too, would like to encourage you to keep up this story well beyond a 13th part. :)

More
03 Dec 2013 06:56 #34546 by njae

castor wrote:

njae wrote:

I am doing a similar pattern for Mazing Girl. The story is building up the confrontation with the big bad-which should dove tail in the next kind of book i am working which changes the narrative considerably.

However you take i am curious and look forward to reading more.

Castor

Considering the downtime I had while writing this part, I am intending to end it with the Big Bad. Since I am not as quick a writer as you the story would drag on too long and degrade in quality too quickly. To be honest I look back at some past installments and wonder why the hell I introduced certain plot threads.

Jabbrwock wrote: Thank you for the great chapter, I really loved it. It's still my favorite series on the site, and I'm sorry you got stuck in a funk while writing it. Please keep writing, you're great!

Thanks, but just to be clear, I didn't get into a funk because of the story. Actually this unfinished business was one of the anchors I had when in my funk, which is why I intent to finish it sooner rather than later.

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
05 Dec 2013 22:29 #34593 by algae2k
Perhaps, if I may suggest, maybe you could develop its own relevant universe? I really like this story as well and would hate to see it all wrap up, but the girls could always move on to bigger and better things!

More
06 Dec 2013 11:55 #34599 by njae

algae2k wrote: Perhaps, if I may suggest, maybe you could develop its own relevant universe? I really like this story as well and would hate to see it all wrap up, but the girls could always move on to bigger and better things!

In my mind the plans for the upcoming chapters may already be grand enough so that the story runs into an own universe from there, but I am unsure about whether there will be further installments there. Just to clarify I won't wrap things up in part 13 already and I expect there to be at the very least 15 parts, maybe even twenty in total.
One of the reasons why I want to wrap things up is that I didn't plan ahead enough and now have some older remains to deal with. Others would be rsther unrelated to the story itself...

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
26 Jan 2014 19:26 #35301 by njae
Another step towards the end as I just submitted part 13. Given that the editor is very wonky Anon will have to make some adjustments first, but it should be available soon.

And for those who care, the toal amount probably won't reach twenty after all. Right now I'm aiming at 16 or 17 parts with a preference to the former.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dru1076, Revan, Monty

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
26 Jan 2014 20:47 #35303 by Woodclaw

njae wrote: Another step towards the end as I just submitted part 13. Given that the editor is very wonky Anon will have to make some adjustments first, but it should be available soon.

And for those who care, the toal amount probably won't reach twenty after all. Right now I'm aiming at 16 or 17 parts with a preference to the former.

And it's on!

More
29 Jan 2014 11:44 #35333 by njae
Things tend to drop out of the ticker quite quickly. *bump*

• njae
  • Away
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
30 Jan 2014 19:05 #35347 by aki_zz
nice to see you back in action. :)

More
30 Jan 2014 20:08 #35349 by Revan
Probably my favorite running story at the moment on the site, loved the latest addition!
Very curious about the climax as well given you plan to end it within the next 3 or 4 chapters .

More
01 Feb 2014 19:51 #35385 by Woodclaw
Just a friendly bump, since the last massive upload knocked this story out of the front page.

More
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds